So it's my "ISP"?

Did a little experiment tonight around 2am where I live so not to have any kind or heavy internet load in my area affecting anything.

Took this in BnS just standing around not doing anything:

small_by_unitedstrafes-da96xy6.jpg

Then I logged into SWtOR and did the same, just standing around doing nothing in my stronghold.

small_sw_by_unitedstrafes-da96xzb.jpg

So I'm a bit confused assuming the ping counter in BnS is accurate it went everywhere from 180-325 in all of 60 seconds. In Star Wars it made huge jumps from 50-53...........I know the ping counter is accurate in SWtOR because I've been looking at it for over 4 years.

So I guess since support and white knights just claim "ISP" problems can someone explain? Does my ISP hate BnS and purposefully lags it out while it lets EVERY other game I play run flawlessly? Because I'm confused.

but you cant compare that ms in the game dude, thats not your " real ping " as alot of ppl have stated.. do a pingplotter and check if you got any routing issues.

if we got with that ms i got 450 ms? but on my pingplotter i got 34 ms and avarage ping on 35 in this game.. and i got 45 ms in swtor when i played that

8 hours ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

but you cant compare that ms in the game dude, thats not your " real ping " as alot of ppl have stated.. do a pingplotter and check if you got any routing issues.

if we got with that ms i got 450 ms? but on my pingplotter i got 34 ms and avarage ping on 35 in this game.. and i got 45 ms in swtor when i played that

What does that mean? Ofc it's my real ping I have ability delay and lag spikes like crazy throughout BnS. Would hate to even do a comparison in the arena. Meanwhile Star Wars runs like butter never goes above 60ms and usually hovers around 45. No delay no spikes what so ever. So whether or not it's completely accurate or not I guarantee it's somewhere around 150-200 cause I can tell it's not 30-50 simply by pushing a button or doing anything in-game.

29 minutes ago, United17 said:

What does that mean? Ofc it's my real ping I have ability delay and lag spikes like crazy throughout BnS. Would hate to even do a comparison in the arena. Meanwhile Star Wars runs like butter never goes above 60ms and usually hovers around 45. No delay no spikes what so ever. So whether or not it's completely accurate or not I guarantee it's somewhere around 150-200 cause I can tell it's not 30-50 simply by pushing a button or doing anything in-game.

Yeah but do a pingplotter and check if you have any routing issues, you will found out if you getting any packet loss before you get to the servers of ncsoft .. so you cant blame them for everything when you have only seen " your ping ingame " 

https://www.pingplotter.com/ go to this site , download it - and if you are on EU use this IP  206.127.158.1 , if your on NA:  64.25.39.1 , and link a screenshot of it.

when you read pingplotter results, you need to keep in mind that its pretty normal for there to be some packet loss at certain points of transit. routers intentionally drop packets when they are overloaded, there is nothing much you can do about that. 

as long as your not losing packets on the final connection to NCsofts server, you are fine. 

pingplotter shows my overall latency as 60, but in game its always 120+ leading me to believe its an issue with there info structure or that the in game display is bugged.  

So, my average on pingplotter il around 55ms, with spikes reaching almost 200 only on the final ncsoft ip, the target for eu ( 206.127.158.1 ). All the rest are always below 100 when spiking, and on average below 45. Finally in game I get a minimum around 95, going up to anywhere between 130 and 190 while fighting.

Here's a screenshot:
1yq35h.png

I don't really know how to read more than what I've said.

It's not just u, me and 2 rl friends are having latency from time to time. And alot of people from my guild to, there were even some who quit cause of it. I've been looking into this, but after much frustration i just deal with it, sometimes when it gets to bad, i just log out.

U could say, check your ISP, but 1 friend has belgacom, and another has telenet (same as me), 2 different providers, and when i have a bit latency, the one with another ISP has the same. Its just the BnS servers. I'm not saying i always have latency, some days i can play perfectly fine, while other days its feels like a delay of 1s.

Everyday i see people from my guild dc'ing, and not only my guild but pug partys to. Yesterday i did cold storage and 3 of the 6 members dcd in a 5 min window.

I've played Cabal, Guild Wars 2, Aion, Tera, Path of Exile, and never have i've seen such unstable servers, while i've always had this ISP.

It's getting worse though. Normally I don't go above 150ms, and at that point, though dps goes down noticeably, it's still mostly playable. In january I didn't even notice a problem though, never had to check ping thinking I had problems. And now this month I'm starting to get even random packet losses (and today a couple of 400ms+ spikes). It seems to be going downhill. I can still play, but at this rate of worsening in at most a year I will probably quit.

8 hours ago, ShakaAlek said:

So, my average on pingplotter il around 55ms, with spikes reaching almost 200 only on the final ncsoft ip, the target for eu ( 206.127.158.1 ). All the rest are always below 100 when spiking, and on average below 45. Finally in game I get a minimum around 95, going up to anywhere between 130 and 190 while fighting.

Here's a screenshot:

I don't really know how to read more than what I've said.

your results pretty much say that you connection is absolutely fine until you reach NCsoft. the problem is on there side. 

i dont know where your at but where i am internet is a monopoly, i have 2 choices and they are both flaky as hell.

with verizon you can expect blazing speeds of 25mb on a good day while your paying for a 50mb connection.

cox is the same way only there introductory price is better and they dont have to install hardware to your house lol.

nothing like paying a shit-ton of money for internet and having issues streaming on multiple devices at the same time :/ all because there really is no competition to ensure the quality of the network high. if their were more choices internet wouldn't suck.  

1 hour ago, Vau said:

your results pretty much say that you connection is absolutely fine until you reach NCsoft. the problem is on there side. 

i dont know where your at but where i am internet is a monopoly, i have 2 choices and they are both flaky as hell.

with verizon you can expect blazing speeds of 25mb on a good day while your paying for a 50mb connection.

cox is the same way only there introductory price is better and they dont have to install hardware to your house lol.

nothing like paying a shit-ton of money for internet and having issues streaming on multiple devices at the same time :/ all because there really is no competition to ensure the quality of the network high. if their were more choices internet wouldn't suck.  

I have  100mb down and 11mb up connection in Toronto here. Granted that i am playing on my Laptop and using a router/modem i get half the down speed, which on average peters out to 45-53 down and the static 10.3-11.8 up and yes i run these speed connection tests almost 8 times per day simply because of this game and rarely do my speeds go below 35 down and 7 up which are still quite stable. I played DCUO, Perfect world, LOL(still do) including browser based games like Tanki online and the likes. Now obviously there are days when the connection gets bad and I spike but we are not talking 2-3 second spikes or like this game (0 response for almost 5 sec) in those games i get at most 0.8 to 1.2 seconds spikes and i have been with same ISP for 7 years...... yeah 7 years and i havent really had to question their service so much since i started playing this game, all things granted i highly think its the servers that are a mess and needs to be overhauled. When i am lagging in League i can always do a quick diagnostics and have it solved and it doesnt happen very often. but with this game u either lag, continue lag, try to fix it and DC or just plain DC since as soon as the connection to their servers go downhill u get kicked off which is very bad. Even when i fix and fix until i cant fix anymore i log back in and still get the damn lag of 1-3 seconds and no amount of diagnostics on my part can solve it.... i wonder why. anyway if they are gonna maintain that our ISP suck, then why have Internet in the 1st place if THE ENTIRE GAME POPULATION ISP SUCK? get it? 

I kind of expected the problem wasn't on my end, since it's pretty obvious when they are (like videos get completely stuck buffering...). My connection is 30 down, 3 up, which is not the best you can get here, but not far from it, considering that it's at least stable around the max values possible.
On a "funny" side note, on LOL I once saw my ping spike to 13k XD

Anyway, guess we'll have to hope for decent servers in the future, the game is good, it would be a pity if it became deserted.

IT IS NOT UR ISP IT IS NC SOFT THEY SO NOOB WITH HOSTING THAT IS ALL  They lost like 70% Players cause of it and still they don't work on it 

Well lets see what they do in future if still no they will lose more ppl that is all 

1 hour ago, RudeBwoii said:

I have  100mb down and 11mb up connection in Toronto here. Granted that i am playing on my Laptop and using a router/modem i get half the down speed, which on average peters out to 45-53 down and the static 10.3-11.8 up and yes i run these speed connection tests almost 8 times per day simply because of this game and rarely do my speeds go below 35 down and 7 up which are still quite stable. I played DCUO, Perfect world, LOL(still do) including browser based games like Tanki online and the likes. Now obviously there are days when the connection gets bad and I spike but we are not talking 2-3 second spikes or like this game (0 response for almost 5 sec) in those games i get at most 0.8 to 1.2 seconds spikes and i have been with same ISP for 7 years...... yeah 7 years and i havent really had to question their service so much since i started playing this game, all things granted i highly think its the servers that are a mess and needs to be overhauled. When i am lagging in League i can always do a quick diagnostics and have it solved and it doesnt happen very often. but with this game u either lag, continue lag, try to fix it and DC or just plain DC since as soon as the connection to their servers go downhill u get kicked off which is very bad. Even when i fix and fix until i cant fix anymore i log back in and still get the damn lag of 1-3 seconds and no amount of diagnostics on my part can solve it.... i wonder why. anyway if they are gonna maintain that our ISP suck, then why have Internet in the 1st place if THE ENTIRE GAME POPULATION ISP SUCK? get it? 

i know its there side, im just stating that the ISP's dont exactly give you what you pay for either. 

internet is overpriced esp seeing it has become somewhat of a necessity to have these days. 

if there was more comp, then the quality of the ISP would be alot better, right now they can run garbage and not do everything they can because, well.... you dont have much of a choice do you? unless you live in canada. ive heard they have tons of ISP's to choose from. 

29 minutes ago, Vau said:

i know its there side, im just stating that the ISP's dont exactly give you what you pay for either. 

internet is overpriced esp seeing it has become somewhat of a necessity to have these days. 

if there was more comp, then the quality of the ISP would be alot better, right now they can run garbage and not do everything they can because, well.... you dont have much of a choice do you? unless you live in canada. ive heard they have tons of ISP's to choose from. 

yo... i run these tests like 8 times per day using 3 different speed tests. My desktop maxes out at 100 mb down and like 12 up on a wired connection and i get 1/2 of that on wifi even with 3-4 ppl sharing the connection, so its not that we dont get what we pay for.... when completely different tests are showing we get exactly what we pay for. The reality is that we used to complain alot in the past to our ISP so a few years back we got one of their best package for even way less than we were originally paying for a worse one and we have little to no issues ever since except the periodical Modem change which isnt their fault but ours since we should keep abreast of when we need to change modems.

Anyway enough of that, but yeah NCsoft need fix their servers, i like that their player support actually responds timely to tickets and they try to do support stuff, but they need do something about these cruddy servers before it gets worse.

38 minutes ago, RudeBwoii said:

yo... i run these tests like 8 times per day using 3 different speed tests. My desktop maxes out at 100 mb down and like 12 up on a wired connection and i get 1/2 of that on wifi even with 3-4 ppl sharing the connection, so its not that we dont get what we pay for.... when completely different tests are showing we get exactly what we pay for. The reality is that we used to complain alot in the past to our ISP so a few years back we got one of their best package for even way less than we were originally paying for a worse one and we have little to no issues ever since except the periodical Modem change which isnt their fault but ours since we should keep abreast of when we need to change modems.

Anyway enough of that, but yeah NCsoft need fix their servers, i like that their player support actually responds timely to tickets and they try to do support stuff, but they need do something about these cruddy servers before it gets worse.

umm, yo congrats on getting what you pay for? 

your not using my isp because if you were your upload would be much higher. im comparing what i have available, im not in taking account for your provider.

all my PC's are connected via wire. 

so is the device i use to steam netflix. 

but sure i bet if i was a pin in the ass i could get upgraded... oh what no im under contract that says if i dont like it i can pay 300 dollars or kiss there ass lmfao. 

Well I did the pingplotter and it did return results that were not horribly bad. Still not really the point. Whether or not there are routing issues is beside the point. BnS servers are in Austin TX, I'm in Denver CO that should provide an almost flawless connection as when I ping a random server in Austin it will come back between 15-30ms.

WTFast does seem to solve pretty much all problems with BnS and will hover always around 43ms when connected to their Austin server however paying for yet another service just so I can play a single game stable seems pretty ridiculous as EVERY other game I play Starcraft 2, TERA, SWTOR, Battlefront pretty much anything that involves latency being a factor in the game they run flawless except BnS.

On 7/7/2016 at 0:48 PM, 882184_1452550488 said:

You know lately I am starting to believe that either you are an NCSoft bot or a simple brainless dude. What you just wrote doesn't make any common sense ...

It's like you are payed to write this ... And according to your name ...

5 minutes ago, Evilline said:

You know lately I am starting to believe that either you are an NCSoft bot or a simple brainless dude. The this what you just wrote doesn't make any common sense ...

It's like you are payed to write this ... And according to your name ...

or you just dumb to realise everything is not ncsoft fault ;) doing speed tests, when there has nothing do with the server or routing issues.. good game mate,you should maybe look up a little further then nagging about ncsoft here ncsoft there

3 minutes ago, Evilline said:

Yeah, and that is why we are having tons of threads about bad pings, people leaving the game and stuff. No, it's just our ISP, can't be NCSoft right? Ah, yeah and that other games work just fine, bust be there fault also? Dude what you wrote Ill say again makes no fking sense ...

Yeah its ncsofts fault blabla, alot of people have 34-40 ms too..? maybe you should check it up with pingplotter - im not talking about any ISP atm, im talking about the level 3 node that is causing alot of routing issues, but your to blind to face it so.. im done with you stop quote me now ;)

but you think , a speedtest will solve the problem right?  and speedtests are the best to check up your ping to servers? sure.. keep dreaming mate

3 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

or you just dumb to realise everything is not ncsoft fault ;)

Yeah, and that is why we are having tons of threads about bad pings, people leaving the game and stuff. No, it's just our ISP, can't be NCSoft right? Ah, yeah and that other games work just fine, bust be there fault also? Dude what you wrote Ill say again makes no fking sense ...

8 hours ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

Yeah its ncsofts fault blabla, alot of people have 34-40 ms too..? maybe you should check it up with pingplotter - im not talking about any ISP atm, im talking about the level 3 node that is causing alot of routing issues

Another white knight here.. Just cause u dont have any problems with latency/dc's doesnt mean others dont have it. I've been playing this game since launch, i've played alot of other mmorpg's, and i've never seen such bad servers as these. Daily dc's, random latency problems, and i'm not alone, everyday i see guildies dc'ing mid dungeons/ssp (fun when u have 250+pp) or complaining about latency. We even had some who quit cause of it, it almost made me quit to, but i really like the game so i endure it.

I'm not saying i always have latency, but there are some times when it becomes unplayable. At those times i often login to guild wars 2, and guess what? No latency at all, i cant even remember when i had a dc there.

Why should we worry about the level 3 node problems? Shouldnt NCSoft make sure they have a good connection to all ISP's? Instead of the other way around?

Archived