Critical Defense

ginIchi093

How to manage to kill someone with 2k Crit def? Does somebody know whats counter stat for Crit def? maybe Pierce ? If no then whats point to fight like with scumm or FM with 100k hp and 2k crit def, u cant even kill it. Most chars have some self heal and then it make it immortal. Srslly dunno how can i deal with it. I have also Crit def but fighting like 10 min and nothing happen. Any advise ?

there's no counter to crit def as crit def itself is a counter stat. Hence it's high value in open world PvP.

That said, there are limitations to crit def that can be exploited for good results:

Criticals have a minimum damage multiplier of x1.2. Crit def cannot lower crit damage below that. So  2000 crit def is probably already wasting a lot of stat points that could go into def or pierce.

Pierce is godly. Crit def cannot reduce damage more than half, the rest of the felt invulnerability comes from defense stat and healing/iframe skills. A destro with boosted def will run at 50+% damage reduction - stack 20% pierce stat and that's equivalent to a 40%  increase!

Learn high damage combos, maybe those you would only use for PvE normally. Learn to counter defensive skills.

Finally, team up properly: If you fight 3 vs 3, 3 of your team should attack 1 of the other team. Do not stage 3 separate 1v1s!

~1500 crit def should be a kind of soft cap as that's ~170% reduction and you can hardly pass 290% crit dam except with focused Fighting spirit (+100% crit dam). And even then not by much.

Hard cap is probably around ~2000 crit def. Even if you stack non-Hongmoon crit damage stuff, have weapon crit damage buff and use focused Fighting spirit you won't dent that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2016 at 2:18 PM, ginIchi093 said:

How to manage to kill someone with 2k Crit def? Does somebody know whats counter stat for Crit def? maybe Pierce ? If no then whats point to fight like with scumm or FM with 100k hp and 2k crit def, u cant even kill it. Most chars have some self heal and then it make it immortal. Srslly dunno how can i deal with it. I have also Crit def but fighting like 10 min and nothing happen. Any advise ?

Kiling an FM or Summoner with high crit defense is an absolute chore for most classes.  Their healing makes it obnoxiously hard to get damage to stick.

Archived