Yeti cold phase

So recently i have problems with Yeti cold phase, it didn't occur before: during cold phase, I take the ice on the ground but still got frozen. I think the reason was because i got frozen for 10 sec during the small attacks after Yeti got the ices. After that, I got frozen again for 10 sec during the big jump. I'm not sure what i did wrong to make this happen. I watched many guides and asked the people on the team too, they only told me to take the ice, which i did.

Even with all ice pools removed, Yeti will always try to absorb them and then freeze you at least once. You're supposed to resist/iframe that.

It's when he gets 2 or more cruxes that he'll slam the ground to try to stack more freezes on party. If you do get frozen, well... unless some class -- usually FM, but I think BM with HM block, Sin and Summoner can do it as well... correct me if I'm wrong on this -- manage to give party protection in time, that's a nearly guaranteed wipe.

On 6/27/2016 at 2:11 PM, Tsuchiryu said:

Even with all ice pools removed, Yeti will always try to absorb them and then freeze you at least once. You're supposed to resist/iframe that.

It's when he gets 2 or more cruxes that he'll slam the ground to try to stack more freezes on party. If you do get frozen, well... unless some class -- usually FM, but I think BM with HM block, Sin and Summoner can do it as well... correct me if I'm wrong on this -- manage to give party protection in time, that's a nearly guaranteed wipe.

i did iframe after he absorbed all the ice, but then when he did big jump i got frozen again

1 hour ago, Racingwind said:

So after he finished smashing the ground, and he jumps up, while he is in mid air, you are frozen?

I think so, sometimes I can iframe during the smashes according to the number of cruxes, sometimes I can't but either way I get frozen after that anyways. 

I think I'm not supposed to take the heat buff but only take the ice on the ground right?

1 hour ago, Leviathane said:

I think so, sometimes I can iframe during the smashes according to the number of cruxes, sometimes I can't but either way I get frozen after that anyways. 

I think I'm not supposed to take theThere i heat buff but only take the ice on the ground right?

If you are randomly getting frozen while yeti is in mid air during COLD phase, that is a bug and should be reported.

If you are talking about HEAT phase, where he sucks all the heat in, and then grab the highest aggro person and give him a heat buff. That's different. During that phase, you get a cold debuff and the only way to get rid of it is to get the heat buff. If your group is skipping the grab (which, practically every group does) then you need to CC him out of his second jump, so he goes straight to the ground slam. Afterwards there is a bright patch on the ground right under him that will give you heat buff, which gets rid of the cold debuff. If you don't get this heat buff, then your cold debuff timer runs out, and you get frozen.

Also if a BM or BD uses HM block, that prevents you from getting the heat buff as well, and you get frozen. But as long as you are underneath yeti, you will be in range of the heat patch and will thaw you out of it without waiting for the timer to expire.

I have a feeling you are mixing up heat and cold phases and cruxes and ground slams.

19 hours ago, Racingwind said:

If you are randomly getting frozen while yeti is in mid air during COLD phase, that is a bug and should be reported.

If you are talking about HEAT phase, where he sucks all the heat in, and then grab the highest aggro person and give him a heat buff. That's different. During that phase, you get a cold debuff and the only way to get rid of it is to get the heat buff. If your group is skipping the grab (which, practically every group does) then you need to CC him out of his second jump, so he goes straight to the ground slam. Afterwards there is a bright patch on the ground right under him that will give you heat buff, which gets rid of the cold debuff. If you don't get this heat buff, then your cold debuff timer runs out, and you get frozen.

Also if a BM or BD uses HM block, that prevents you from getting the heat buff as well, and you get frozen. But as long as you are underneath yeti, you will be in range of the heat patch and will thaw you out of it without waiting for the timer to expire.

I have a feeling you are mixing up heat and cold phases and cruxes and ground slams.

No, I'm talking about cold phase. If I remember correctly, after he did big attack, there's heat released around him. If i take the cruxes, am I supposed to take that heat also?

And I have no problem with heat phase at all. 

No the heat buff during cold phase is just there to increase DPS. You do not have to step on it for any mechanics other than buffing your DPS. That said, it increases your DPS, you should take it anyways.

So if you are getting frozen while yeti is in mid air during COLD phase, that's a bug, report it.

Archived