Jump to content
Forums

Costume contest form


Recommended Posts

Yes please do.. NC has a history of choosing god awful costumes and making them worse in development Night Luna, Regium corvus. Please let us be involved and possibly even vote

 

 

Need this person to enter again

i1116603985.jpg

 

Edited by Trio
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trio said:

Yes please do.. NC has a history of choosing god awful costumes and making them worse in development Night Luna, Regium corvus. Please let us be involved and possibly even vote

 

 

Need this person to enter again

i1116603985.jpg

 

Omg, I so agree with you... To me, being surrounded by players in western outfits, ugly outfits, outfits that only make sense as a one time joke, and now bikinis, in a MARTIAL ARTS game, is completely offputting >.<

That kimono and the kitsune mask are wonderful, I would love to see more traditional/asian fantasy style outfits, hairstyles and adornements instead of our totally-out-of-place standards :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regium corvus was very classy IMO, it was simply a shame NC decided to remove the stockings from the design for whatever reason. Either way I consider the male version of the outfit one of the best in game.

 

Night luna had a lot of potential, but the male version of the outfit didn't translate well in game. Meanwhile I really liked the female version. Both suffer a bit from having a bit too much design all over the place, so it takes a certain type of character to pull them off.

 

Either way, who likes what all comes down to personal opinion and taste. I hope for a few traditional designs as well, but there are those who are just as likely to call those designs "ugly" or insult them because they don't want to wear them. No matter what someone does a large amount of the community will likely put them down for it if they win just because it isn't what "They want".

 

Not to mention posting your design here potentially gets parts of it stolen.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Inugami said:

Regium corvus was very classy IMO, it was simply a shame NC decided to remove the stockings from the design for whatever reason. Either way I consider the male version of the outfit one of the best in game.

 

Night luna had a lot of potential, but the male version of the outfit didn't translate well in game. Meanwhile I really liked the female version. Both suffer a bit from having a bit too much design all over the place, so it takes a certain type of character to pull them off.

 

Either way, who likes what all comes down to personal opinion and taste. I hope for a few traditional designs as well, but there are those who are just as likely to call those designs "ugly" or insult them because they don't want to wear them. No matter what someone does a large amount of the community will likely put them down for it if they win just because it isn't what "They want".

 

I agree with Regium Corvus male version being very classy: besides, it does reminds me a lot of the shinsengumi. I also agree with the overdesign of Night Luna. But all of that is, you are right, a matter of personal opinion and taste. Let me take off my post the part about "ugly outfits" and "outfits that only make sense as a one time joke", because that is just my personal taste getting the better of  my reasoning, lol. And I dont have any issue with bikinis or western/contemporary outfits in themselves, believe me. I'ts just that they don't fit in the context of the game story, atmosphere and environment: martial arts, fantasy, asian. Maybe I belong to a minority of players that care about such a thing to be able to feel immersed in BnS. But I would love to see more costumes and accesories designed with the concept of the game (which is what actually keeps me playing) in mind...

 

Edited by Rea Shinwa
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rea Shinwa said:

I agree with Regium Corvus male version being very classy: besides, it does reminds me a lot of the shinsengumi. I also agree with the overdesign of Night Luna. But all of that is, you are right, a matter of personal opinion and taste. Let me take off my post the part about "ugly outfits" and "outfits that only make sense as a one time joke", because that is just my personal taste getting the better of  my reasoning, lol. And I dont have any issue with bikinis or western/contemporary outfits in themselves, believe me. I'ts just that they don't fit in the context of the game story, atmosphere and environment: martial arts, fantasy, asian. Maybe I belong to a minority of players that care about such a thing to be able to feel immersed in BnS. But I would love to see more costumes and accesories designed with the concept of the game (which is what actually keeps me playing) in mind...

 

(Sorry for double quoting you >>;)

To be honest with you, I'm also pretty disappointed in the lack of martial arts/fantasy asian outfits in a game that is so very well suited to the style. It was actually a bit shocking to me that so many costumes in game are actually modern. Not that I object to contemporary design either. I've just seen asian designs (particularly kimonos for males, which I want and adore) put down on so many gaming forums before that I've become resigned to barely ever seeing them in game or watching them get rejection in costume contests like this. Basically what I'm trying to say is I hope people will submit their ideas regardless of what the community thinks, regardless of what they are DX Someone out there will love it.

 

Also I apologize if anything I said came off as personal, it wasn't meant to be ^^;

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Inugami said:

(Sorry for double quoting you >>;)

To be honest with you, I'm also pretty disappointed in the lack of martial arts/fantasy asian outfits in a game that is so very well suited to the style. It was actually a bit shocking to me that so many costumes in game are actually modern. Not that I object to contemporary design either. I've just seen asian designs (particularly kimonos for males, which I want and adore) put down on so many gaming forums before that I've become resigned to barely ever seeing them in game or watching them get rejection in costume contests like this. Basically what I'm trying to say is I hope people will submit their ideas regardless of what the community thinks, regardless of what they are DX Someone out there will love it.

 

Also I apologize if anything I said came off as personal, it wasn't meant to be ^^;

Oh lol, no need at all to apologize, on the contrary, you made me realize that I spoke a bit too fiery, hahaha! and gosh, I do share fully your same hope ^.^

As I said, personally I love this game for it's style: concept, storyline, settings, atmospheric landscapes (even though they become repetitive in dungeons, for example) and elaborated combat system, I just wish that the outfits didnt break that mood far too often... but as you said, someone out there will love it ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...