Australian players; I need your feedback.

Zinevah

With the lag/skill delay/general facepalm gameplay I experience (on both EU & NA) in populated areas and dungeons I'd really appreciate feedback from Australians who can actually play this game as best as it can be played from our geographic location. Any computer tips, tweaks, what servers you're on etc. ANYTHING that could help I'd appreciate it a lot.

I really do want to play the west version over TW for the simple fact that it's more respectful in regards to communication, it's like my brain is allergic to learning another language or something no matter how much I've tried. Honestly, with the state of the game for me I would not AT ALL be shocked if someone called me a noob in dungeons (and it's happened) because I've missed mechanic queues by a decade because of skill delay etc it's not only frustrating for the party but for me; I haven't experienced this kind of mess on TW and I wasn't actually expecting it to be this bad.

1 hour ago, Zinevah said:

Honestly, with the state of the game for me I would not AT ALL be shocked if someone called me a noob in dungeons (and it's happened) because I've missed mechanic queues by a decade because of skill delay etc it's not only frustrating for the party but for me; I haven't experienced this kind of mess on TW and I wasn't actually expecting it to be this bad.

It is this bad. Done it from the other end, played on TW from USA and my best ping was at best in the range of 210~250 with WTF. When NA came out and I was getting ~45ms during CBT, I jumped on NA ASAP. (Did stop playing due to BOTs/hacks.)

KFM barely sees any of the F popups, cancel is almost non-existing, and the differences in game play and DPS shown in this video does really happen.

3 hours ago, Zinevah said:

With the lag/skill delay/general facepalm gameplay I experience (on both EU & NA) in populated areas and dungeons I'd really appreciate feedback from Australians who can actually play this game as best as it can be played from our geographic location. Any computer tips, tweaks, what servers you're on etc. ANYTHING that could help I'd appreciate it a lot.

I really do want to play the west version over TW for the simple fact that it's more respectful in regards to communication, it's like my brain is allergic to learning another language or something no matter how much I've tried. Honestly, with the state of the game for me I would not AT ALL be shocked if someone called me a noob in dungeons (and it's happened) because I've missed mechanic queues by a decade because of skill delay etc it's not only frustrating for the party but for me; I haven't experienced this kind of mess on TW and I wasn't actually expecting it to be this bad.

Avoid playing classes that require low ping in order to execute animation cancel and stuffs, that is impossible for Aussie ping.

Playing other classes such as range classes, that are less ping dependent is the way to go, however our skills transition wouldn't be as fast as the low ping players. This will not change.

I'm standing on around 250ms, mechanism in dungeons has no impact on me as what we should do is to set up counter-measurement buff or iframe earlier, e.g. 1 second in advance. That should do the trick.

But speaking of PvP on the other hand, we're definitely on disadvantages. I'm on NA server, as for the technical tips, I'm afraid I can't help you with that.

3 hours ago, Zerecas said:

Avoid playing classes that require low ping in order to execute animation cancel and stuffs, that is impossible for Aussie ping.

Playing other classes such as range classes, that are less ping dependent is the way to go, however our skills transition wouldn't be as fast as the low ping players. This will not change.

I'm standing on around 250ms, mechanism in dungeons has no impact on me as what we should do is to set up counter-measurement buff or iframe earlier, e.g. 1 second in advance. That should do the trick.

But speaking of PvP on the other hand, we're definitely on disadvantages. I'm on NA server, as for the technical tips, I'm afraid I can't help you with that.

Yeah. I'm ranged and the skill pressing in advance helps sometimes but others when I'm 330+ in yeti well; that's a nightmare. Eventually I'll work it out like I worked it out with GW2 I guess and thanks for replying. :)

I'm in SEA region (your friendly neighborhood) and my main char is a KFM. Sometimes I get a good ping and sometimes sucks. Normally what I do so I could get a decent ping at least around 150ms is I turn-off the wifi on my brother. Yeah, I don't share my internet in the house LOL but I put it back once I go to work. They can't argue with that coz I'm the one paying for it. :D

7 hours ago, AttacKat said:

KFM barely sees any of the F popups, cancel is almost non-existing, and the differences in game play and DPS shown in this video does really happen.

Yup this.
I play from New Zealand and am like Blade Dancer right hand side in this video or worse.

Other BD can flicker 111111111 but for me it's 1...1...1...1...1 

It would be a dream to sunder that fast too the heck x_x

Some times the F skills pop up and I'm hammering it and it doesn't go. Same with my Z resist I hammer the button and it doesn't do anything because lag.

Most times when I try to SS it doesn't backstep and just shuffles back normal walking.

:c

I'm from Argentina and yes.. also have the same ping you with 250 ms is very difficult to play pve but eventually you get used well and knowing when to do things that obviously got to be more careful and do a few seconds before... in the case of pvp is I can not compare me with someone who has a low ping on the difference in pvE and PvP is a lot of both dps and reaction to evade or hit fast and slow
Hopefully someday will be able to open a server in South America and in Australia so that we can play well this game is very good in all respects and that also can be transferred to these server just waiting .... I do not know how I'll be that also the pvp I care much but I am so much disadvantage

Archived