How/When to Use Dandelion for Mushroom Dungeon?

DomiSotto

I tried putting it on before running the red AoE or when snagged, and no dice, the stealth did not trigger. When do you need to activate it to get combat stealth/speed boost? Or is there anything but X that helps with the red circles?

Do you mean the mushrooms on the way to the boss? If yes, the pull is defense penetrating, so only Iframes help and your petal storm (which imo makes summoners pretty good in this dungeon, just put it up at a wall of mushrooms and all your mates can run through it).

Iframes which you can use to avoid/escape the grabs is besides X, your enhanced shroud (4+F), SS and E (need to spec it).

And another tip, use your Enhanced Seed shroud at boss fight to avoid party members (+yourself) being frozen (? this red aoe which turns you into a golden 'statue' for 4 sec) and you are guaranteed to get max loot.

On 5/14/2016 at 6:53 AM, DomiSotto said:

So, it has to be 4+F, it can't be just 4? That's why then. I will try that. ty!

Ohh. Just for future reference, regular 4 (seed shroud) cannot protect you from red aoe's. (like the little mushrooms in this dungeon have red circle aoes). Regular seed shroud is just for basic yellow circles and basic attacks like punches. 

Also, 4+F will give a cooldown for yourself and the party members you put it on that they cannot use like another summoner's 4+F, assassins smoke pellet, and something else. So it's honestly not that useful in this dungeon because it has such a long cooldown anyways. 

I have tried it, and I am still not running the dungeon as fast as other people. I find that the cat frequently manages to aggro trash overall, graying out my run bar. I'd really appreciate the advice on how to avoid it.

3 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

I have tried it, and I am still not running the dungeon as fast as other people. I find that the cat frequently manages to aggro trash overall, graying out my run bar. I'd really appreciate the advice on how to avoid it.

Kill your cat.
Basically, before you start, run into the fire.
Resurrect and you will come back without your cat.

You don't have to worry about it anymore and can still use 4+f if ever needed in emergency.

Oh, no, not Petal!

Seriously though, I actually did not tab the cat back after a fall in Naryu - running through the whole dungeon went much smoother without it. Where does all this agro go when you are blasting a mob....

Petal indeed does not help, that was my bad, sorry.

19 hours ago, Shelly said:

Also, 4+F will give a cooldown for yourself and the party members you put it on that they cannot use like another summoner's 4+F, assassins smoke pellet, and something else. So it's honestly not that useful in this dungeon because it has such a long cooldown anyways. 

The duration of being unable to receive the buff again is btw only 30 seconds, so the moment you get your 4+F back, you can instantly use it again. So one summoner will definitely improve the run speed if he knows how to use it.

I'm beginning to think not sprinting all the time is actually a good thing. Save sprinting for when you are getting close to shrooms you can't avoid by sidestepping them. At least it improves the chances of not getting pulled over and over, which is the worst that it can happen to you.

But yeah, of all my alts, Summoner is the one I have the hardest time with in the dungeon, mostly because of the cat not avoiding the pull.

3 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Petal is the name of my Summoner's cat. I was just joking in response to the suggestion to let the cat die :)

Oh, I see. Still, I´m pretty sure I was mistaken. Petal storm does not help.

I agree, that running with summoner is probably the most troublesome (no charge skills, cat hindering run speed), but I´ve never had trouble getting the 3 chest reward on my summoner, the cat tank and party protection during boss fight makes it up.

Did the killing yourself with cat on the fire method again today. This time, I was one of the first to reach the boss room. Most other times before this, I was dead last. It helps I optimized the pathway some more. Saving the sprint to run past shrooms up close when I have no other choice is helping too.

Archived