Im a melee toon at heart, but afraid to make one

Oldnight

as i keep hearing range rules n this game.

i solo a lot, and was leaning towards a hybrid dps tank like the blade master.

i hate to get to endgame and see that only wl, fm, and summoners are wanted in order to farm dungeons for gear.

Range classes will like it if you tank, makes things so much easier for them since they don't have to kite while DPSing.
Then, would you rather play a class you find boring, or play what you love no matter how tough it is.

As xFragileDreamsx said, BMs have a party protect skill, allowing you to protect your party for 3 hits =).

PvE wise, you won't have much trouble in dungeons, but against world bosses it's another matter.
PvP wise, BM requires a lot more effort than other classes before you can actually manage to do something. With experience, they can be beasts.

Love my BM so far =).

BM is the most fun class in this game by a very large margin, you will have to work for it though. If you are the kind of person that just wants the rewards, then you should roll some type of boring ranged class. All ranged classes in this game are boring, I would suggest having a ranged class as a alt to use for farming extra dailies and mats to send to your fun bm. Thats what I do with my fm anyway.

If you plan to play & run dungeons with your friends/clan mates you don`t have to worry and pick the BM. If you plan to run dungeons with pugs i wouldn`t recommend BM.

The BM is fun to play class but his major contribution to group is ability to tank. To do that you need to spend some time learning when to block/dodge but ppl in pugs are usually too impatient for that and they can discourage you.

Archived