Hello ^_^ I am a newbie!

TysonGTX

I wanted to say hello. I'm on the EU server and just getting started on an awesome adventure with Blade and Soul!

I would really love some advice and any tips! I would be massively grateful!

Other then that I started out as an Assassin which seemed more like my style, sneak like the wind and be a super ninja! 

Thanks for reading and thank-you to NCSOFT for a so far neat game!

6 minutes ago, TysonGTX said:

I wanted to say hello. I'm on the EU server and just getting started on an awesome adventure with Blade and Soul!

I would really love some advice and any tips! I would be massively grateful!

Other then that I started out as an Assassin which seemed more like my style, sneak like the wind and be a super ninja! 

Thanks for reading and thank-you to NCSOFT for a so far neat game!

Welcome aboard the BNS train! :)

Hi and welcome!

I hope you will enjoy the game! I have played for almost two months, so started the game late as well, so here is what I can suggest:

Choose your server wisely. You want a populated server because game heavily relies on the clans and open word spontaneous cooperation between the players who happen to be doing the same thing.

Choose your crafting wisely. It is a PITA, so at least selling the level 1 sap from Treefellers is a minimal I’d recommend while levelling and getting all the samples.

Find a clan and group up with folks you know for dungeon content after level 36. The purple dungeons of level 45 and after are best done in a group of MMO-friends.

After weapon feeding costs exceed 30 silvers per one item fed, use Elements of Luck from the Daily dash to feed it. Before that, use purple weapons for feeding.

Always do Daily Dash, if that's the only thing you log in for.

Either purchase the minimal grant of NC Coins or a 1 month sub to unlock the mail if you intend to run alts

Chose Faction that is dominant on your server. Do faction quests starting at Cinderlands.

Enjoy the game at your own pace, try every type of the gaming activity at least once to decide if you want to do it.

Make sure that you are at least level 48 before moving to Silverfrost/Act IV, aim to have True Prophane weapon and Awakened Infernal accessories. You can grind East Fleet, Mistywoods, Nightshade and Mushin to get to that point.

Expect a period of terrible hardship to start around level 43 and last till you have had a few weeks to build up gear and gold reserves. It gets better.

Gold and gear are very hard to come by in this game. If you are at around 12-20 gold before finishing Act III and in Infernal gear, on the first character, that’s about right.

Always whale in on the Open World bosses and help anyone who seems to be in trouble nearby, unless they are bots.

Hello, hope you will stay with us for a long time =).
First, change your class ASAP, assassins are useless, cannot pvp, cannot dps properly,..
Just kidding, I just hate pvping against assassins and lose most of the time xD.

One thing that may help you early on, is the AS ani-cancel (short for animation cancelling) in stealth. You alternate between Heart Stab (RMB), and Lightning Crash (F during stealth stance, after heart stab). In practice, you just need to spam both RMB and F since F won't do anything in normal circumstances. This will give you some nice dps.
Now, you better not rely solely on this, because later on, bosses will see you even if you're stealth (not all but most of them).

Gear-wise, the game is mostly based on upgrading your gears, once it reaches its maximum stage, you can evolve it (transform it) into something else. (Shift + LMB if you did not know).
DO NOT SELL to a NPC, they will buy pretty much everything at the very fair price of 1 copper coin, well some items are worth 4 copper, great right ?
Unless the item is specifically made to be sold to a merchant, such as gold pouch / gold ingot.
You can salvage useless stuff, or soul shield that you don't need anymore, it gives you either broken piece (worth 1 copper, but they stack !, instead of filling your inventory with many different items), or powder used for fusing stuff. 
You can fuse soul shield, but they need to be of the same lvl ?, and not the same set, giving an extra boost to one stat. (You do not need to use a soul shield #8 to fuse it on a #8).
Economy is very player-based (and bots), because selling stuff to merchant does not give much. Loot in party (and so dungeons) is done with a bidding system, the one that bid the most get the item, and his bid is split evenly among the other party members, DO NO CROSS A PORTAL if you want your share, because it make you leave the bidding, so you not get anything if someone else win, and if you had highest bid, it cancels your bid.

About PvP, I think you can start at lvl 20 ?, note that the game is totally unbalanced as long as you're not max lvl.

Skill points, after Act1, Chapter13 you'll unlock the possibility to use skill points to enhance your skills. You can change anytime as long as you're not in battle.
Hongmoon skills, some skills will have their last line with a special frame, those are hongmoon skills are need to be unlocked later in the game, they also cost 2 skill points to use.

About end-game PvE, I really advise you to find a good guild. If you play on EU, the server managing any cross-server activity (Arena / cross-server dungeon) tends to lag in the evening for many players. So if you have a guild, you can just run the dungeon on your home server.
(I have like 40~50 ms ping on home server, and in the evening the cross-server is like 150~200 ms).

Crafting/Gathering guilds, if you decide to change one of them, you will lose the exp and the lvls, but not what you learnt. 

Send me a message anytime if you got more questions =).

7 minutes ago, TysonGTX said:

Woah, that's allot of stuff! I'm pretty casual with my games but I will try at least some of the advice above!

It is alot of stuff. If you happen to play on Spirit's Rest feel free to send me a whisper. o/ I gladly help out with anything that might puzzle you.

Hi and welcome :) 

Same as Luna wrote...if you choose Hao District feel free to contact me; in my clan all we are casual gamers and we'll help each other (sometimes lazy gamers as well:D). Usually I'm on line in the evening 9 pm UTC.

Archived