Leveling skill rotation?

Melodia

What are some good rotations for leveling (non-boss monsters)? All I do is spam left and right click and the occasional blaze beam if I have enough charges, while strafing left/right. I find none of the other skills even worth using. Am I doing something wrong or is it supposed to be this monotonous?

• Inferno takes way too long to charge. By the time I charged it up, the enemy and the enemy's siblings are already dead long time ago
  • Blaze wall is completely useless against minions
  • Dragonchar does way too little damage, though useful for those tiny enemies that you can one-hit
  • I don't know why but most of the time I can't use fire fury. I can only press F to use it out of every 10 hits or so. Yes I'm in fire stance

Level 31 atm.

Typically you simply LR2 the monster a couple of times to kill it.

I spec inferno into instant cast and weave it in between my LR2 ani-cancel. Blaze wall should be specced into meteor shower (Tier 2 Stage 2) for AoE damage. Dragonchar is used when AoE is necessary.

Fire fury can only be used after a critical attack.

You should utilize C (burn) for any monster that cannot be killed within two or three rotations of your LR2 combo.

If you are only doing the "occasional" Blaze Beam/Dragonchar/Ice Rain, then that's where you need to focus on. Those 3 interchangeable abilities are you main source of damage outside your cooldowns. Sure Inferno and Meteor Shower looks nice on burst but they are both tied on cooldowns.

You can only use Fire Fury if you land a critical hit with a fire skill, so it's kinda tied with your crit rating. Spec your Blaze Wall into Meteor Shower if you have the points/if it's available to you.

And lastly, I'm afraid it's a little bit monotonous on low levels yea.

FM's progression with skills are too tied to skill points early on, so it takes a while to spec into the better skills. You'll be mostly spamming LR and Furies (maybe 2) in the meantime while. Only thing missing for me now is to spec Dragonchar for higher damage, all the way down to T3S1. I should be lvl 42 by then. Saving the 3 points on my way to 45 for Dual Dragons. And yet I'll still be missing out a handful of the other good skill specs, like Short Fuse and Impact.

Archived