easy got hacked if use Yahoo email?

Himekami

My friend's acc just been hacked like 20mins ago, and he uses a yahoo email. Then about same time one of my clan member said in chat group his acc also was hacked, and he also uses a yahoo email. Anyone here acc been hacked and use a yahoo email? just a friendly reminder change to a non-yahoo email if your bns acc linked with a yahoo email.

Sorry for bad english.

Dunno about that but i've 3 theories:

1, Accounts are from time when Wildstar was compromised year ago and ppl did not bother to change their passowrds.

2. Theres some random BnS related site created for phising like BnStree where players register with same information.

3. Or last one which is most likely the case ppl just are stupid enough to get keyloggers on their computer / use sites t hat are compromised with same information as their email, bns account

11 hours ago, Hatsunya said:

Dunno about that but i've 3 theories:

1, Accounts are from time when Wildstar was compromised year ago and ppl did not bother to change their passowrds.

2. Theres some random BnS related site created for phising like BnStree where players register with same information.

3. Or last one which is most likely the case ppl just are stupid enough to get keyloggers on their computer / use sites t hat are compromised with same information as their email, bns account

Bnstree does not store any personal information. All it does is authenticate using Google API using OAuth2 and stores an unique id.

Poor judgement when it comes to creating/changing passwords and/or sharing email/game account information. It has nothing to do with Yahoo. Stop buying gold from 3rd party sites and stop sharing your accounts with your friends, clan mates, gf, bf, wife, husband... and you'll never be "hacked" (btw.. the term is "compromised", not "hacked". Nobody accessed the Yahoo servers illegally)

22 hours ago, SpyderBite said:

Poor judgement when it comes to creating/changing passwords and/or sharing email/game account information. It has nothing to do with Yahoo. Stop buying gold from 3rd party sites and stop sharing your accounts with your friends, clan mates, gf, bf, wife, husband... and you'll never be "hacked" (btw.. the term is "compromised", not "hacked". Nobody accessed the Yahoo servers illegally)

Considering how many people are getting HACKED at once, I doubt that they all happened to get keylogged or visited shady sites. Unless you can show me proof that everyone getting hacked actually downloaded something or visited a shady site then I call your post BS.

To the op, I was thinking it was yahoo email related but not sure.

Archived