Worst Luck (More of a vent)

Jinlel

I start the game in February and take a good liking to it, so like any good game, I drop a little bit of money on it just to have a little more fun; cosmetics, etc.

Warlock releases, and there's an event. I grind my ass off to 44 and a half, only to be a day late because my schedule at work is ungodly *cricket*ing horrible (3 days on, 1 day off, 12 to 14 hour shifts). I miss the Temptation costume by 1 day, and the final day that I was able to level to 45, my internet went out, and I lost out on the opportunity.

For the three weeks, I've been grinding my *** off with Blackram Supply Chain on whatever time I had, coming up to roughly 70 runs or so in that instance through Cross-Server, all for one costume that USED TO APPARENTLY BE EASY TO GET. For 80 gold, I could just buy it easily, but 80 gold is quite a lot, and that would be stupid as *cricket*. I spent near 70 runs worth of WASTED TIME, all to finally have the Pirate Princess costume token drop. Excited, I was finally ready to bid, confident I'd get it.

Low and behold, my *cricket* BID BOX BUGS UP. I DID NOT pass on anything. I did not press anything that would would have conventionally prevented my Y button or my BID button from NOT FUNCTIONING.

The ONLY TWO THINGS I've really wanted for my character to have, and apparently everything in the universe is stopping this from happening. Thanks for the game.

/endbutthurt

In 70 runs, you should have received at least 80 gold.  So if you buy the outfit, you got it by running Supply Chain after all.

More generally, the only real currency is Time.  If instead of running Supply Chain you had simply focused on earning gold, you could have bought the outfit in a few days.  Running Supply Chain to get the outfit was not an efficient use of your time, and that would have been true if you had only run it 35 times.  (Plus, remember other people are bidding on the outfit, so you have to subtract the cost of the winning bid from the 80 gold, so it's probably more like 75 or even 70 gold.)

I tried to send a ticket about the Temptation costume event, and I was shut down. Fair enough; I didn't get the event deadline in time, so nothing can be done. I was more so told that it wouldn't be fair to the other players who also didn't make it. To be honest, I felt like complete crap, but there's nothing that can be done about it. I get screwed because of work, and I can't put the blame on anything but myself for not trying hard enough to get it. I also kind of accepted that the costume is not going to be released, since I didn't get an answer about it aside from, "keep a look out on the news on the main page", signifying that I was *cricket*ed, and there was no way I'd be getting it.

As for the bid box bugging, preventing me from bidding on a costume that I was well within my means of bidding for (no one really seemed REALLY interested in it at that), I think I want to take my credit card and just burn it and stop myself from paying for this game, or go to my bank and ask them to prevent money being charged to Digital Rivers.

Just so disappointed right now, and I don't even care much about the gear. That's the funny part.

2 minutes ago, Andrewgr said:

In 70 runs, you should have received at least 80 gold.  So if you buy the outfit, you got it by running Supply Chain after all.

More generally, the only real currency is Time.  If instead of running Supply Chain you had simply focused on earning gold, you could have bought the outfit in a few days.  Running Supply Chain to get the outfit was not an efficient use of your time, and that would have been true if you had only run it 35 times.  (Plus, remember other people are bidding on the outfit, so you have to subtract the cost of the winning bid from the 80 gold, so it's probably more like 75 or even 70 gold.)

Yes, I suppose you are right, but with my also upgrading (currently up to Awakened Siren weapon and jewelry), I was spending money on upgrades already. I can't PVP because my ping is abysmal, so I have to buy some of the mats that require pvp to obtain.

I understand your anger, but to be fair.. at least the tempation costume should've been easy to get. We had 3 weeks i believe and doing 1-45 takes about 20 hours if ur fast. Even if it took you 40, if you played 2 hours a day (should be totally doable. Maybe you cant do it some days, but you'll do more on others) even that should be more than possible. But sure, i understand how frustrating it can be to be 44.5 or so and then realise that you wont make it. I actually had the same thing happen to me - even tho, it was my third char for the costume, 41, and i just lost interest in leveling since i was burned out and felt like the costume is not worth losing my sanity xD

No, I understand, but I can't play constantly without risking myself disconnecting on a random basis. I'm running with about constant 400ms, so I'm kind of screwed either way. I just was not physically (or virtually, I guess) able to do it.

And with being at work for totals of 14 hours+ on most nights, I had issues trying to come on during days outside of my one day off.

3 and 1's with 12-14 hour days make video gaming hard.

Realistically speaking, I only had 5 free days to do any type of leveling to 45, and on bad internet, that's incredibly nerve-taxing.

Archived