Bid System Changes - Speeding up the process

Taemek

We have two windows when bidding, Loot Auction and Auction List if there is more then 1 item.

I would like to be able to put the total amount I am willing to pay per item in the Auction list and pass on all items other items, however, when I pass on an item, I don't want to see the Loot Auction screen.

An example here is 5 items drop, I only want 2 out the 5. I go in to the Auction List screen and I bid a total of 20 silver per item because that's all I am willing to pay and who ever bids under that gets automatically out bid until they go past my 20 silver, at which point I can then determine wether I wish to re-enter the bid or not.

The current process is too slow and clunky especially when people stand around watching the bids or trying to slip someone up by popping in a random amount and catching them with their pants down.

It´s just not necesarry. We are not on ebay and im sure u dont want to go afk due bidding so there is no need to "automate" ur biddings.

If u are willing to spent an "correct price" for an item u can just insert it directly instead of making "copper bids". Also it wont "speed up" the process because it wont stop others with "waiting till 1 sec before bidding".

And if ur Problem is to handle with "randim high bids" there are also ways to handle this.

Its just simple, click into one of the three fields (gold silver or copper) so the cursor will be shown there. If u see the cursor inside it wont change ur next bid value also if someone inserts a random high gold amount.

Just now, TofuChicken said:

It´s just not necesarry. We are not on ebay so there is no need to "automase" ur biddings.

If u are willing to spent an "correct price" for an item u can just insert it directly instead of making "copper bids". Also it wont "speed up" the process because it wont stop others with "waiting till 1 sec before bidding".

And if ur Problem is to handle with "randim high bids" there are also ways to handle this.

Its just simple, click into one of the three fields (gold silver or copper) so the cursor will be shown there. If u see the cursor inside it wont change ur next bid value also if someone inserts a random high gold amount.

It'd be fine if a new bid didn't reset what you were typing your bid to be. It also would be much better if auctions wouldn't pop up in the middle of a fight

Nah thats more a problem of people more interested in looting then in support there mates infight ^^.

Just find a good position for the bidding window, in runs with mates it isn´t rarely for me that someone need to say me i should pass just because i dont see the bidding window in fight concentration ;)

I realy don´t want to make ur idea bad but there are just a few or better said there are much things that are more needet to be fixed instead of an working system ... wanted to write bugfree but lets be serious, that just wouldnt be true >_>

16 minutes ago, TofuChicken said:

It´s just not necesarry. We are not on ebay and im sure u dont want to go afk due bidding so there is no need to "automate" ur biddings.

I don't want to stand around watching people bid coppers for shit. I want to put my max bid in and walk away. If I win, I win, if I don't, oh well.

The idea is to speed the process up and stop people from being trapped from ninja bidders slipping in a random bid, which happens all the time.

Truth is, the current system just plain sucks and needs some work, simple as that.

I noticed that the items are not consolidated anymore in BSH and Efleet 6 man dungeons so you have to bid and wait on every single item.

Process is very drawn out and you stand there longer then it took to kill the boss bidding on loot.

Please look in to this.

19 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

or we could add a dice roll system and get through these windows in half the time >> just saying...

I would be happy with loot windows just persisting through the dungeon, so when you go through a zone line in to the next area, you can continue to just bid and move along, rather then sitting there at the entrance waiting for 5+ mins for people to bid coppers at a time until someone gets sick of it and splashes out.

Archived