Is it worth evolving accessories before weapon?

Nainty

I have oathbringer stage 10, it's real expensive to evolve into awakened oathbringer so I was wondering if upgrading my accessories which are awakened infernal to Siren instead? Like which is better AP wise?

Upgrade the bracelet to Oathbringer, the Ring to Siren (680 crit) and use a Phyton Necklace & Scorpio earing meanwhile, for me this seemed to be the best bang for the buck as the neck and earing give +-1100 crit combined, you loose some AP but the bracelet at Oathbringer makes up for it.

You also loose a bit Crit Damage, but the additional Critial Hit from this combination makes up for the damage loss vs the damage gained from more crits.

19 minutes ago, Nainty said:

I have oathbringer stage 10, it's real expensive to evolve into awakened oathbringer so I was wondering if upgrading my accessories which are awakened infernal to Siren instead? Like which is better AP wise?

Actually, I suggest you scrap your Oathbringer entirely, buy weapon from Jadestone and restart the whole path. See https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/198927-siren-vs-semi-siren-vs-oathbreaker-path-calc/ for more info.

And you shouldn't be looking at your AP. As a rule of thumb, try to increase your damage per second, which also involves piercingcritical%, and criticaldamage%, with a little more focus on critical% due to crit-reliant skills.

So aim to increase your damage by the formula: AP * (critchance * (critdamage - 100%) ) * (MIN(piercing%, 10%) + 90%)

i.e. for 1337 AP, 4.20% piercing, 69% crit, and 380.08% crit damage:

1337* (0.69 * (3.8008-1) ) * ( MIN (0.042,0.1) + 0.9 ) = 1337*(0.69*2.8008) * 0.942 = ~2433.96

And for that reason, some best-in-slot accessories right now include the Python Bracelet (cdmg roll, the dropped one) and Python necklace (crit/cdmg). You should still try to upgrade your  Earring and Ring to at least Awakened Siren after reaching Awakened/True Siren stage on weapon.

4 minutes ago, Archess said:

Upgrade the bracelet to Oathbringer, the Ring to Siren (680 crit) and use a Phyton Necklace & Scorpio earing meanwhile, for me this seemed to be the best bang for the buck as the neck and earing give +-1100 crit combined, you loose some AP but the bracelet at Oathbringer makes up for it.

I disagree with the whole Oathbringer bracelet bandwagon. The bracelet upgraded to complete max possible as of right now (Awakened Python Bracelet stage 10) reduces your dps compared to Breeze/Python with cdmg rolls, provided you have decent crit from soul shield (which you should and would have). There is also little reason to sacrifice crit+cdmg from siren earring for additional ~200ish crit from scorpio earring.

9 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I disagree with the whole Oathbringer bracelet bandwagon. The bracelet upgraded to complete max possible as of right now (Awakened Python Bracelet stage 10) reduces your dps compared to Breeze/Python with cdmg rolls, provided you have decent crit from soul shield (which you should and would have). There is also little reason to sacrifice crit+cdmg from siren earring for additional ~200ish crit from scorpio earring.

I was talking most bang for the buck, as the Pyhton & Scorpio accesories cost a whopping 4 copper, over 5 Transformations stones and change each, seeing he is is at Oathbreaker weapon & has Infernal Accesories i am assuming he does not make 50 gold per 4 hours on an average evening. To boost your average player to better performance without much cost is by equiping items that provide a good boost to Crit rate, +Crit Damage does nothing if you do not have at least 50% crit rate to take advantage of it.

I am also talking oath stage 10, not Awakened Python Bracelet stage 10, again too costly for what it does...

common rule of thumb in upgrading order is: weapon, bracelet, earring, ring, necklace, belt.

Eventually you'll hit True Pirate/Oathbreaker on your weapon to boost your AP, which in turn helps in landing you spots in parties due to players overlooking crit power/accessories most of the time.

in this time it's beneficial to upgrade your jewelry before spending a large amount of time farming materials for True Breeze. (It's a large jump).

58 minutes ago, Archess said:

I was talking most bang for the buck, as the Pyhton & Scorpio accesories cost a whopping 4 copper, over 5 Transformations stones and change each, seeing he is is at Oathbreaker weapon & has Infernal Accesories i am assuming he does not make 50 gold per 4 hours on an average evening. To boost your average player to better performance without much cost is by equiping items that provide a good boost to Crit rate, +Crit Damage does nothing if you do not have at least 50% crit rate to take advantage of it.

I am also talking oath stage 10, not Awakened Python Bracelet stage 10, again too costly for what it does...

What I said was that even if he uses whatever amount of gold to get to Awakened Python Stage 10 he'll STILL lose out on the damage compared to just using breeze/python (drops from frozen fang/grand square). So there is absolutely no reason to get oathbreaker bracelet, which is inferior to Awakened Python Stage 10 and therefore even more inferior to Breeze/Python. There's no arguing that a.python stage 10 is better than oathbreaker stage 10, and a.python stage 10 is worse than breeze.

For the same amount of money you can upgrade your earring+ring to awakened/true siren instead.

As for your statement that "crit damage does nothing if you do not have at last 50% crit rate" - it is false and depends on crit and crit damage values you're considering. You can outright calculate your dps change for whatever crit and crit rate you have and will receive, and consider again that most of your crit will come from soul shield, which is ridiculously cheap to get and fuse with crit (which will easily bring you to 4k+ crit).

P.S. Python/Breeze necklace also give you a ton of crit (~650) and crit damage (~250). You don't need to worry about piercing due to full Yeti shield set, and that pushes your crit even further up making crit damage more valuable. 

So, to repeat - there's no reason to waste money on A.Oathbreaker bracelet as of right now, since not now, and not later when you upgrade rest of your gear, and not even when you get tons of money and upgrade it to Python, will it be viable to use.

15 minutes ago, Nainty said:

so scrapping oathbreaker and going siren will actually be cheaper? 

If you're already on oathbreaker you may aswell stay with it. If you have the gold/materials it is better in the long run to go Siren path since it uses less Silverfrost trans stones and skips over Awakened Breeze.

28 minutes ago, Nainty said:

so scrapping oathbreaker and going siren will actually be cheaper? 

Check the thread I linked earlier.

With current situation around Frozen Venom Darts, the difference in money used is even greater. It probably takes about... like, ~50 gold to get to true profane, right?  From that point you're saving over 200 gold to true pirate equivalent, and like 600 gold going to breeze.

So yes, I suggest you use your current Oathbreaker weapon(don't upgrade it anymore) to get yourself a new Hongmoon. You can easily solo all dungeons with weapons/mats required to get true profane weapon, and from that point it's just one step away from Siren, after which you can move gems and salvage/store your Oathbreaker.

13 minutes ago, VodkaSteve said:

If you're already on oathbreaker you may aswell stay with it. If you have the gold/materials it is better in the long run to go Siren path since it uses less Silverfrost trans stones and skips over Awakened Breeze.

I suggest you check the thread too, the price difference is quite large.

Archived