loading client takes 30 min - WTF

Tarantula

I recently made a few changes to my pc and it seems like now i have to wait 15 min or more just for the launcher to load me to the character select screen, then after i choose my character it sits there another 10 min and disconnects me from the server.  like wtf is going on? i dont know what to do to fix it.  

My spec's are: 

windows 7  64 bit, E4400 @ 2.0GHz, Geforce 750ti, 6MB RAM with a 1Tb HDD that i just wiped clean a couple days ago

I tried fragmenting my hard drive, also ran game file repair and still i get the same problem.  Please help

4 minutes ago, BlueBunnay said:

2 ghz, 750, and a 5k spinning hard drive?? I'm surprised the game even loaded!

I play with i5 5200U 2.2ghz and 5400 RPM HDD, and it loads within seconds. He has another problem. Probably faulty HDD, or missing drivers.

2 hours ago, Tarantula said:

6MB RAM

Well there's your problem...

But you probably meant 6GB. Try to undo the changes you did, do System Restore, or update your drivers like Mucski said. Could also try running Command Prompt as admin and tying "chkdsk /r". If nothing works out, then yeah, it could be faulty HDD.

Also, your CPU is not really that good, and I'm not basing that solely on the GHz. Intel Core2 Duo E4400 2GHz simply has low-mid tier range performance in benchmark.

LOL, i did mean 6 Gb of RAM.  and yeah i know the processor is on the lower end.  But i never had a problem b4.  Its like windows did an update this morning and ever since i havent been able to log in game.  I run other games just fine and no problems at all.  just cant seem to get this one going. 

A regular computer user won't know a thing about search indexing, windows defender, and other windows services running in the background. They run whenever they want to. If you do know about those services then go ahead and manually disable them, restart and to see if that problem is gone.

Archived