Tiny Lyn size

Yashuoa

I was watching some twitch/vids from pvp, and I noticed how players who play the Lyn classes have often made them really small (even for a Lyn).

What I heard is that it makes targetting them harder.

How important is this?

Does this really give a noticeable benifit?

Is it neglectable?

11 minutes ago, Yashuoa said:

I was watching some twitch/vids from pvp, and I noticed how players who play the Lyn classes have often made them really small (even for a Lyn).

What I heard is that it makes targetting them harder.

How important is this?

Is it neglectable?

Vs scummoner yes, sometimes (it sounds silly and it may only be me) I mistake the cat for the summoner... also running around their cat makes it harder for the target to lock onto them.

On 3/29/2016 at 11:48 AM, Yashuoa said:

How important is this?

Is it neglectable?

The hitbox size does not change based on appearance settings. It's the exact same for every single Summoner.

Harder to see, read, target. Actually hitting them is a different matter, since everyone occupies the same circle on the ground. Animation size also doesn't vary, except for a few basic swings with no additional range marker. If you want that extra razor-thin edge, make your FM or Warlock a min-height Lyn. Not going to do a whole lot, but hell, if you're that obsessive about winning, go for it.

I personally find that taller characters are also harder to use effectively. Can't see people past your own fat ass, and your range looks longer than it is because you can barely see a sliver of what is 3m in front of your character.

Thanks all.

Good to know that it doesnt really affect targeting (hitbox wise) and is only about recognizing animations by the opponent.

13 hours ago, HUnewearl said:

Harder to see, read, target. Actually hitting them is a different matter, since everyone occupies the same circle on the ground. Animation size also doesn't vary, except for a few basic swings with no additional range marker. If you want that extra razor-thin edge, make your FM or Warlock a min-height Lyn. Not going to do a whole lot, but hell, if you're that obsessive about winning, go for it.

I personally find that taller characters are also harder to use effectively. Can't see people past your own fat ass, and your range looks longer than it is because you can barely see a sliver of what is 3m in front of your character.

My Lyn is like at 3/4 of the slider bar of length so its quite long, but I prefer (and will keep) that look over a tiny one.

I also dont have the problem that I cant see people over my own fat ass xD as a Lyn, because they are still relatively small regardless.

But yeah, what you say about the taller characters and seeing in front of you might apply to the larger races.

It is true that as a beginner, summoners and familiars are very easy to confuse, especially because of the swap ability. Since there's also a fairly large cat available (the Siamese) and since there are matched looks available costumewise, the similarity can be brought to high levels.

This to my feeling is intentional by NCSoft, especially because of the swap ability.

the result, at least for me, is that I almost entirely identify the two of them by behaviour and animations. It is not even conscious, I just look at them and know which one is which. ^_^'

But it's another of those barriers that newbies have to overcome, just like 3RF animation cancelling etc.

yes just like KFMs that dare go Awakened, assassins that go stealth, blade dancers that use guardian tempest - chickens all of them!

They should stand still and get beaten to death while I look at my keyboard to position my fingers right for a mega ani-cancel!

Just a second, I am almost ready to start dealing damage here!

Ha!

Archived