How is FM supposed to deal with ranged attacks and charge/leap attacks?

Abonde

I can leave 1 on stage 1 to get that 0.5 block on ranged but this cuts down on my dps a lot and also if I fight a mob with multiple ranged attack monsters, this won't block everything

most bosses have aoe charge/leap attacks which you can't avoid by kiting, and ss is on 16 second cooldown

4 minutes ago, Abonde said:

I can leave 1 on stage 1 to get that 0.5 block on ranged but this cuts down on my dps a lot and also if I fight a mob with multiple ranged attack monsters, this won't block everything

most bosses have aoe charge/leap attacks which you can't avoid by kiting, and ss is on 16 second cooldown

Spec divine veil into tier 3 for ranged protection, stationary or following you.

Frost armor lets you avoid all damage for 10 seconds every minute.

You can use Q and E iframes when SS is on cooldown for leap/charge attacks (I prefer to use it instead of SS).

Frost sheath (ice V specced into right path) lets you avoid an instance of damage and freeze for 5 seconds.

Ranged attacks and leaps you didn't block you can heal back up with tier 3 stage 3 frost fury.

FM have SS, Q and E which give you an invulnerability frame, you can dodge any leap with that.. not to mention Divine Veil protects from all ranged attack and Ice Shealth if you spec V frost skill into that..

You also have Tab frost shield, you have no idea how ranged is EZ mode compared to melee, specilly in this expansion set. All World Bosses have extremely, almost impossible to dodge attacks and none of them will wipe less than 1/3 of your HP. Honestly I have the feeling in many cases the boss fight is all about gear and not skill, since melee cant really predict several attacks that are almost killer. Range is EZ ridiculous EZ mode compared to melee now.

Don't take aggro. All the tough bosses have force choke, spammable ones. Take ss plains for example, if you freeze yourself, you'll get spammed by resist sounds until it breaks, or you time it well enough and run away before the boss uses it again. Dealing top dps does you no good if you get killed.

Archived