Guide to Unlocking Hongmoon Secret Techniques

Kam Bo

I'm pretty new, and don't have much of an idea on how to unlock all the secret hongmoon skills.  I like to PVP, and primarily I'm looking for dragon kick level 4 (pulls enemy in with stun). 

Is there a guide or wiki that explains how to get all the unlocks?

Thanks !

Not sure but there might be info about it in your achievements. I found for my blade dancer some info what I need in order to unlock some skills. But maybe this is just me being stupid without reading more info about it. If you can see what you need then you can google where to get it.

There is a hongmoon skill upgrade you can get using zen bean from arena shop..I guess it was called special zen bean or something like that and its icon looks like a zen bean sells for 5k zen beans.For my FM,it gives inferno HM upgrade but Idk about other classes.

I heard BSH 6 man or 4 man dropped some HM skill tomes that people sell for very expensive prices on marketplace..They used to sell them for 200-300 g before level 50 patch.I think BM lightning draw is HM upgrade is included in that tome.

As far as I know,achievement shop (that was supposed to come out on silverfrost patch but didn't) had far more HM skill tomes and that's if they keep it as it is if it comes out later.

That's my knowledge by far on how to get skill tomes..Also if you put pointer on some skills HM upgrade in skill tree,it shows you how to get the HM tomes of some.

Considering how important some of those HM upgrades are to KFM builds, thought people would know!  Haha, but I guess its fairly new to us eh.

If anyone comes up with a guide or a great reference, please feel free to post here.

This I know: For 5000 zen beans you can buy the Royal zen bean, which will give you the Comet Strike HM spec, the pvp one that dazes enemies. NOTE! YOU MUST SIT AND EAT THE ZEN BEAN TO GET IT. DO NOT MOVE WHILE EATING IT!!!

Also, you can buy or get the Comet Strike Volume 2 from Bloodshade as a rare drop, or when they add th Achievement Merchant (Wednesday), you can buy the book for 70 naryu silver as long as you have above 1250 (or 1450, im unsure) achievement points.

You can unlock what I believe is your left click HM skill by eating 6 different rare items. They are not all in the game yet. I believe they will be added in Silverfrost part 2.

This I have heard: For 300 Secret Hongmoon technique pages (drop from dailies in new purples), unknown amounts of Naryu Silver, and after reaching an achievement point threshold, the Achievement Merchant will sell you the Counter HM skillbook. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

For now we don't have this talent for Z skill. This talent will come in another patch (no idea when).

For other skills...

-Our 4 skill (comet strike) T5S4 (that gives you focus on crit) is unlocked by consuming royal zen bean that (if I remember right) cost 5k zen beans.

Other talents in 4 are from quest item which drops from blood shade harbor last boss (you can buy it from other players) OR you can buy this from achievement merchant for 70 naryu silvers but you also need 1250 achi points to do this.

-Our counter talents are from new epic dungeons but if Im not wrong only one is from achi vendor (T5S3). Please correct me if that is not true

-We also got LMB skill and you can unlock it by consuming  6 special elixirs (you can check their names in achievement under character / skills / Hongmoon Secret Technique - Straight Jab ). Those elixirs can be buy from achievement merchant (Only first 5) and they cost 10 naryu silvers EACH. Hongmoon Pellet is ONLY from clan crafting.  You can also get this first 5 elixirs from mobs around the world but I don't remember which ones. 

I hope that helps and please correct me if I'm wrong some where.

• 2 months later...
On Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 6:23 AM, Velix said:

-We also got LMB skill and you can unlock it by consuming  6 special elixirs (you can check their names in achievement under character / skills / Hongmoon Secret Technique - Straight Jab ). Those elixirs can be buy from achievement merchant (Only first 5) and they cost 10 naryu silvers EACH. Hongmoon Pellet is ONLY from clan crafting.  You can also get this first 5 elixirs from mobs around the world but I don't remember which ones.

Do you have to eat all of them at once, or can you keep buying them as you trade the achievements points in for them? Or you don't cash in the achievement points, and it just enables you to buy?

On 6/10/2016 at 1:37 AM, DomiSotto said:

Do you have to eat all of them at once, or can you keep buying them as you trade the achievements points in for them? Or you don't cash in the achievement points, and it just enables you to buy?

Do not need to eat them all at once, as they are listed separately under that achievement, each one you eat will simply tick the corresponding line, when all of them are completed then you get the achievement. Also you don't buy them using achievement points, you need 1250 achievement point to be able to buy them using Naryu Silver.

Archived