Impossible to solo with?

PeeweePanda

I don't know if it's just me, or if anyone else is having this issue. I've been struggling for a while now to try and get used to Warlock but for some reason I have the hardest time soloing anything with this class. 

I am mostly on my Force Master and to me that class is better than Warlock because you can at the very least spam skills and continuously attack a monster. While I find Warlocks have issues with this.

Also having a problem finding any good skills that either self-heal, regenerate focus properly, or even give me some survivability. 

Hope anyone can give me some tips on how to fix up my skill tree, I really wanna give this class a chance because I haven't been able to really unlock their full potential. 

The photos in this post are of my skill tree as it stands. Anyone able to give me some pointers on how to fix it up so I can actually survive during a battle? :P 

Thanks ahead of time, and happy gaming!

b8pzp.png

Can't see anything from that picture. It doesn't show any skill trees you could have used, just the skills. So I have to guess sometimes when the skill has an icon (frost/shadow).

But I see the problem, you nearly didn't take any selfheal skills nor focus recovery.

2 skills should make a big difference here:

1. Wingstorm. I would advice taking F2/T3. The Self-heal is extremly big (at least in PvE). You just need to have some Crit.^^

2. Rupture. If you have trouble getting focus, F1 is the path to go. You can spam abilitys with this skill.

Also a skill to have is Quell F1/T3. You can push enemys together without blocking and you have an iframe Skill wich makes you resist for 1 second. Right timed this could save your life or at least some hp^^.

But I think Wingstorm and Rupture will help you alot. Warlock is mostly about burst damage and resetting your cooldowns/instant cast/generating demon orbs. For defense you have to learn how and when to block and to evade and using your Bastion. But personaly I think the warlock is the most fragile of the classes (double S has a relatively high cooldown and we don't have E/Q evade or 15 ways of freezing us or using shields against ranged attacks). Nevertheless you can solo things.

go all the way on bastion, you also needs V to recover HP ( move 2 tier 3 ) and you need 1 more point in backstep on move 2. 

I saw that you like your Thrall.

I just spend point on spiritualize and AP buff.

my build.

https://bnstree.com/WL?build=450100203531450340201122022011318003217031060410903307031040323002266032

btw I'm still HM 1 next skill points go to #1 , backstep, thrall and when get lv 50 go to C.

That's all folks

oh.. and take a look at it @PeeweePanda

2 hours ago, Cordon said:

go all the way on bastion, you also needs V to recover HP ( move 2 tier 3 ) and you need 1 more point in backstep on move 2. 

I saw that you like your Thrall.

I just spend point on spiritualize and AP buff.

my build.

https://bnstree.com/WL?build=450100203531450340201122022011318003217031060410903307031040323002266032

btw I'm still HM 1 next skill points go to #1 , backstep, thrall and when get lv 50 go to C.

That's all folks

oh.. and take a look at it @PeeweePanda

there's a lot of stuff in your build that doesnt make any sense in solomode. ap buff, no taunt, meh focus recovery etc. sry.

that vid is good to get an idea about the general behavior, just dont forget that this guy has hm5 and pretty much maxed gear.

try that:

https://bnstree.com/WL?build=45010020353145032020312203101111800321703131011060410903107031040327101130022

you can use the helix as well, thats up to preference i guess

Just my two cents, but running Dimensional Volley is a bad idea if you're following the helix rotation. The insta cast triple shot you get from the rotation is only worth it if you have bombardment set up.

Second, I strongly suggest you take out points from your rupture and move it to your wingstorm instead, as wingstorm will be your key skill and rupture simply ruins the helix rotation.

Finally, although thralls are pretty good, they barely have enough effect to justify letting them stay in the field for long. I would suggest you move some of the points to your quell, as that skill provides you with more survivability than thrall.

Good luck! I have seen a lot of people solo with locks (me included), and it's pretty good.

I switched from my FM as soon as warlock came out. At the moment of switch I had true siren weapon and 406AP with full bsh soulshield (+crit). With my FM I'm able to easily beat mushin tower including 8th floor. A warlock was a slap in my face,  mostly because it is a whole different type of playstyle. You need to  strategicaly snare and stun your enemies and pay attention to your rotation in order to deal decent damage. It will take some time to learn the class and even then warlock won't feel so"mighty" compared to FM, but it is way more interesting to play. Warlock is a master of mass control and this is where his strenght lies. 

This is what I'm using for a while (build I put together when I reached siren weapon) and get along with quite well without having BSH4 skillbook (still farming, since RNGsus is a merciles son of a gun).

HM1 version: 

https://bnstree.com/WL?build=45010024503202021220310113150022800321703106041090330703123011040323002266011

HM4 version (my current with skills left for bsh skill at HM5):

https://bnstree.com/WL?build=4504002450320203122031011315003280032170310604109033070310501123011040323003266011

Here are some general tips:

1. Get acquainted with backstep and its snaring version. This is a powerful skill you are going to use a lot. Always try to backstep behind your enemies leaving them snared. If you are behind them, they won't be able to target you and escape the snare with rush-kind abilities.

2. Pay attention to your skill rotation, which means that you should get used to this pesky "Leech" showing up under F-button. Don't 'burn it'. Don't use your cooldown reducing skills when wingstorm is about to reset in just few seconds.

3. If you are using offensive version of thrall pay attention to his position. Don't leave him inside dots etc. 

Eh my problem when playing WL is that I keep playing it like a FM.  For example, Mushin floor 3.  On my FM I could take the entire area at once and destroy it all quickly with 80-99% HP due to build, gear, etc.  In fact, I pretty much straight up tank almost anything (no kite) due to the fact that I easily recover HP when needed.

Try to do the same thing on my WL and well......its just instant fail lol.  Especially when I tried that for fun on Mushin floor 3.  Ranged mobs are definitely not your friend lol.

Like others have said, WL is more of the tactical type of class meaning once you got the rhythm down, everything becomes a joke.  Its definitely not the class you can just face tank everything like FM (at least for me) nor can you spam skills like mad for high damage.    And yeah.........they are fragile as ***** and that thrall became kinda useless at 45 for me at least.  Its still good to have, but can't really count on it like a summoner pet for example.

Can't really offer any advice since my FM will always be my main since its my favorite class in the game.  This is just a alt toon to play around with when bored of FM for me.

With enuff crit and ap wls shud be able to solo anything. You have handouts like time warp. You can essentially abuse ur resets and iframes. High crit means ur V basically heals u 24/7. To top that off, it heals u on a crit atk. And with fragility,  you have a block....use it. Also, a wl naturally has high block and evasion. So 30% of the time I find my toon blocking or evading dmg. I supplement with gems that heal in said positions. I also dont bother with defense and rather enhance pierce. (The attribute can be equipped from a pvp achievement). I mean u can spec it just 2 points down and ur fine. Cus it knockbacks and heals u when u cast a knock back. 

I use full shadow build and its fine and dandy with me. I find bombardment annoying. I am a person who prefers instant casting. The only thing I have trouble with is becoming the tank in dungeons -_-; 

Bastion can only last so long. 

On 22.3.2016 at 5:37 AM, RyuueLaview said:

With enuff crit and ap wls shud be able to solo anything. You have handouts like time warp. You can essentially abuse ur resets and iframes. High crit means ur V basically heals u 24/7. To top that off, it heals u on a crit atk. And with fragility,  you have a block....use it. Also, a wl naturally has high block and evasion. So 30% of the time I find my toon blocking or evading dmg. I supplement with gems that heal in said positions. I also dont bother with defense and rather enhance pierce. (The attribute can be equipped from a pvp achievement). I mean u can spec it just 2 points down and ur fine. Cus it knockbacks and heals u when u cast a knock back. 

I use full shadow build and its fine and dandy with me. I find bombardment annoying. I am a person who prefers instant casting. The only thing I have trouble with is becoming the tank in dungeons -_-; 

Bastion can only last so long. 

becoming the tank is rather easy, holding aggro is hard with quell up half the time^^

as for bombardment, you'll use it 80% of the time as instacast. i think the real boon of dim. volley is the fast cd reduction on wingstorm.

On 21.3.2016 at 0:48 PM, Cordon said:

@Recettear I got no problem with CHI recovery (mantra and weapon can handle it) and I don't need thrall to taunt for me since WL can do a very good mob control with 2, backstep snare and quell. 

with the patch and it's abundance of skillpoints this has become academic in any case, but i'd still think that 1 point for a 3sec CC that works on bosses is something to have during solo. nvm, everyone has it now~

Unfortunately, yes. Warlock is a pain to solo anything with because of how fragile you are and many of your good skills having a long cast time, a long recharge, or both.

Couple that with how most of them also hard lock you in animation or require you to stand still doing nothing else, and well...yeah. Such a disappointment.

i think the worst part are actually the bugs, namely the reset bug. yesterday i managed to get that during the brightstone endboss. turns out that the blue one started the fight after reset^^

that dungeon is only hard cuz the 2nd boss will reset on pretty much everything. getting shackled, too much distance, thrall despawning while holding aggro,................................................... -.-

Archived