How to kill Bots once for all say bye to bots

Saiyun

just disable Mail system completely and just allow to send items only to chars that are on one account make mail system only account wide
bots wont be able to mail items/gold that was purchased :V cmon there is no way bot will come online to trade you item
if you want to give someone something or say smth just wait till he/she gets online and done.

bye bye bots was nice to meet ya but you are annoying   

They just need to introduce captcha type of security or pickin up pictures with "mountains" etc etc, it will gut the arena bots cuz they wont be able to que, or simply make soul stones from arena account bound. Problem solved.

27 minutes ago, Aila said:

How about cross-server dungeons? Where bot can gain hundreds gold per day?

if it comes to afk bots at entrance, add kick option with bot report or simply make a restriction to getting dynamic quest and other ones, for example : deal at least 5% of boss hp to get the loot

1 hour ago, Aila said:

How about cross-server dungeons? Where bot can gain hundreds gold per day?

if bots wont be able to send gold/items to gold buyers via mail then there will be no need for bots to farm dungeons

Just now, Saiyun said:

if bots wont be able to send gold/items to gold buyers via mail then there will be no need for bots to farm dungeons

Orly?

Player A registered at marketplace some trash soulshield or any other item for 50g, Bot A buys this item.

Profit.

You see, you dont even need to purchase ncoins to trade gold.

I saw around 50 destroyer bots at profane stalker (at once). Now just do a simple math to calculate how much Player A  can gain per day?

15 min = 30s ( Brightstone ruins )

1hr = 1g,20s

24hr = 28g, 80s

50 bots x 24hr = 1440g.

So Player A can gain 1440g per day and sell it for real money/hongmoon coins

2 hours ago, Aila said:

Orly?

Player A registered at marketplace some trash soulshield or any other item for 50g, Bot A buys this item.

Profit.

You see, you dont even need to purchase ncoins to trade gold.

I saw around 50 destroyer bots at profane stalker (at once). Now just do a simple math to calculate how much Player A  can gain per day?

15 min = 30s ( Brightstone ruins )

1hr = 1g,20s

24hr = 28g, 80s

50 bots x 24hr = 1440g.

So Player A can gain 1440g per day and sell it for real money/hongmoon coins

I completely don't understand what you but I think you mean that if player A makes 50bots and farms 1440g day and transfers to original A character and then sell to ppl. well disabling mail system gold sending will became more harder because they will have to trade with player instead of sending gold in 2 sec for 30 ppl from one place even when player is offline so less buyers :V .

oh I got an idea xd BOT Hunt just make outlaw system like in Tera if u see bots farming terrors/or low lvl world bosses just kill em lel

I have a better idea.

People, who marked as bot, receive captcha (simple math would be enough), and have 30 sec and 3 tries to answer it correctly, otherwise DC with 1hr cooldown.

Simple and effective.

22 hours ago, Saiyun said:

l. well disabling mail system gold sending will became more harder because they will have to trade with player instead of sending gold in 2 sec for 30 ppl from one place even when player is offline so less buyers :V .

He explained that part in his post.

On 3/13/2016 at 1:08 PM, Aila said:

Player A registered at marketplace some trash soulshield or any other item for 50g, Bot A buys this item.Profit.

bot 1 registers 49 dumplings on AH for huge price that other bots buy.

player A registers dumpling for 1440g on AH and bot 1 buys it.

Profit!

16 minutes ago, Enhance said:

bot 1 registers 49 dumplings on AH for huge price that other bots buy.

player A registers dumpling for 1440g on AH and bot 1 buys it.

Profit!

Interesting idea. Problem is idiots abound and likely try to sell crap for crazy prices. Still, worth a shot if you're willing to risk a ban for getting bot gold traded to you. Pretty sure it's far more likely NCsoft would catch onto this before players since they're the ones checking the market data. What they can't check is who's actually bought the gold (records of transaction, if gold sellers even keep the them), so anyone who ends up with the stuff would be suspect.

1 minute ago, Kure said:

Interesting idea. Problem is idiots abound and likely try to sell crap for crazy prices. Still, worth a shot if you're willing to risk a ban for getting bot gold traded to you. Pretty sure it's far more likely NCsoft would catch onto this before players since they're the ones checking the market data. What they can't check is who's actually bought the gold (records of transaction, if gold sellers even keep the them), so anyone who ends up with the stuff would be suspect.

It costs money to put items on AH. If, say, each bots grinds until they have 100g, and they put a dumpling at 100g, XX silver, YY copper (where XX and YY are not yet found on market), they'll buy the ones that they have put on AH.

And normal people won't put a dumpling for 100g on AH because it would cost them like 3g to list it (AH taxes!)

And yes, of course, trading gold to yourself, buying gold from goldsellers, all of that comes at a risk of being banned. Nothing new there, though I do wish that gold buying got looked for and punished more.

Strange thing. People still sell junk for ridiculous prices and hope someone's fool enough to buy it. It's not terribly common, but those guys exist in every MMO I've played, including a select few bot free ones. Anyhow, depends on how the gold sellers go about using market to transfer gold, if they do. There's a bunch of different methods they could use to throw off suspicion, and unless they immediately buy what they post there's a chance to fool them. Betting it's close, but not exact  because items priced far above standard price and bought immediately would likely send red flags.

As for last comment, yes. All gold transfer seems atm to be dangerous. However, I like to think that actual gold buying would be more so. Also, we really don't know how much gold buying is being looked into. From all the fuss in forums, it is. Not that it's the preferred way to find out. Hopefully one day we'll get on after a maint and all bots and spam messages simply aren't there. Hey, one can dream.

14 hours ago, Aila said:

I have a better idea.

People, who marked as bot, receive captcha (simple math would be enough), and have 30 sec and 3 tries to answer it correctly, otherwise DC with 1hr cooldown.

Simple and effective.

Animated gif captcha that only displays 1 symbol at a time and sorta move around the screen a little bit? lol Require it on accepting Mail, Auction House Purchases and PVP Arena. My fear tho is.. This game has been out for 5 years or more.. AND THE BOT PROBLEM OVER THERE STILL ISN'T FIXED. 5 YEARS. 

On 3/13/2016 at 3:05 AM, Pesyc said:

They just need to introduce captcha type of security or pickin up pictures with "mountains" etc etc, it will gut the arena bots cuz they wont be able to que, or simply make soul stones from arena account bound. Problem solved.

You mean like the one on this site when making a account that also doesn't work?

that wont do shit, they can just transfer gold trough the bid system in dungeons without the stupid tax of marketplace in a nice warm and private dungeon with their gold buyer,   duhhh

Archived