Can't beat Mushin F8.3

MadnessCaffe

Hi. I have problems beating Mushin's Darkness. No matter what I try I can't beat him.

I play Blade Master. I don't have the hongmoon lightning draw.

My stats : 440 AP, 49,60% crit chance, 196,74 critical damage. My best run so far got him to 27% then timer ran out. I have no idea why I can't do the damage. I start with blade call combo after grip and honed slash spam. I also can't bring him to 80% before the required time and he does ice attack (usually like 1-5% away from 80% /60% etc).  When he says "Resist" I basically have no time to react to him, I have a bit high ping, but I should be able to do it. I use the potions + blade call burst during his fire AoE phase so that's not the problem either. I can't seem to DPS him fast enough when he's not in AoE fire burst phase. I can manage to get like some honed slashes on him then I have to play super defensive cause when he teleports he either hits me or does resist/respond and I have to react so I have to stop attacking. I can't ani cancel like most BMs do due to ping and I have can't do it fluidly either and focus runs out too.

This is the build I use : https://bnstree.com/BM?build=4505002100432014330632233212113113832111411052210811205332024212721142316032200342

That + Evade with the last point left but it doesn't let me scroll down to Evade.

I don't use the slow flicker because I can't ani cancel anyway, so I use the fast one, but I can't really use that either. When I click once and keep the mouse button pressed it's buggy and doesn't always keep flickering so i have to press it once for every flicker it fast. I usually just spam honed slash for damage / five point strike. I also do daze -> Q -> honed slash hits since he can't tab out of dazes. I keep my blade call burst only for his AoE Phase cause if I try to do it while he's not in aoe phase i can't properly burst him cause I have to watch out for counter,resist, etc.

Also he seems to have a bug. When he does teleport near you he should do one of these : Counter, Resist or Respond. Well sometimes he does Counter, I accidentally hit into it, I tab out, then immediately after he does resist, wtf ?? And of course I get 100-0.  I do enter into the bleed buff sometimes, but I don't go above 2 stacks usually since I also get hit by his normal punches ice attacks. It seems that if I try to block these he pierces them if I don't block exactly when his attacks should connect (same for respond - if i don't block exactly when attacks he continues his combo through block).

What am I doing wrong ? I am kinda annoyed that with my stats he's left with 27% on my best try while others don't struggle at all...

Edit : As for equipment : True pirate sword stage 10, ring awakened siren stage 10, earring awakened siren stage 10, necklace awakened siren stage 5

29 minutes ago, Shirou said:

You should honestly get some more crit rate rather, and perhaps some more crit damage as well.

As for you, since you said you got higher ping, that can be a problem, hence you will have to get abit more dps than others.

https://bnstree.com/BM?build=450500210031201413063310331233212113113832111331052212611205322024212722142316032100322

Maybe like this?

The thing is that I saw a video in which a BM did it with lower stats than me, the only thing he had more was crit dmg (207% while I have 194%) and he had no lightning draw hg skill either. The ping might be a problem, but still, dishing out 27% more damage I don't see how I can do that. Also, I put daze on C cause when I start I do  V->C->4->X->V->Tab->Rmb Rmb Rmb etc. That's my burst rotation combo more or less. Also, I don't use the rush with stun cause it has a long cd and I don't see it's point in my rotation =/

How bad is your ping? Your issue with block may also be caused by ping.

You can spec Raid (2) to T2F2 for 2 extra seconds of disable. I like to save blade call for the darkness buff (that gives you bleed). I wouldn't spec X and 3 for knockdown since he does a stand-up counter. The third point in your V seems wasted, same with the second and third points in your daze C. Move some points to spec 3 to T4F3 for more chi regen. The second and third points of Tab escape are also useless. You can also try the T3F3 Lightning draw.

5 minutes ago, Seoyoon said:

How bad is your ping? Your issue with block may also be caused by ping.

You can spec Raid (2) to T2F2 for 2 extra seconds of disable. I like to save blade call for the darkness buff (that gives you bleed). I wouldn't spec X and 3 for knockdown since he does a stand-up counter. The third point in your V seems wasted, same with the second and third points in your daze C. Move some points to spec 3 to T4F3 for more chi regen. The second and third points of Tab escape are also useless. You can also try the T3F3 Lightning draw.

Probably 100+ ping, but lower than 200. I need advice as when to damage him and usually with what rotation... like "when he teleports you do C->Q->dmg", things like that... and what do you mean blade call in darkness buff ? Do you take all bleed buffs from beginning and use blade call when he does the darkness buff ? The thing is that if you do this for DPS cause he stands still after it, at the first buff he will resist shortly after if you don't dps enough... I usually keep blade call for when he does the fire aoe only.

You want to get to 80% before the first minute, so he will jump to the middle first before the first buff. Yes take all the darkness buff since you are missing on dps.

Here is a video of a run with no soulshields equipped. 

Archived