Warlock Levelling

Luzzifer

I was wondering if someone could give me a good build for my level 24 lock. Using 2 - V - 4 is really nice AoE and does great damage but also got way to long cool-downs to use it on single target mobs that I meet all the time.

Currently I do the single mobs by just keeping LMB down but I wonder if there is a better way. Thanks.

Can't say I'm the greatest warlock, (not even lvl 40), but yeah, for questing it's generally poke it with bombardment once (or twice) hope for a crit to proc rupture, then spam bombardment.  Filling in with lmb when need focus.  And of course blocking.

I *really* loathe the fact that bombardment crits also proc Mantra on LMB, which eats the proc I'd *always* want to use on rupture instead if I'm too quick to switch to lmb.  This may be the first class I remember playing in any MMO where I would vastly prefer it if they actually simply removed one of it's skills.  (Mantra).  Also not a fan of repulse overriding rupture.  I'd be inclined to argue repulse replacing quell when available would be a MUCH better alternative.

There is another option I've seen used though, run around an area gathering up all the mobs, Then Shackle, imprison/etc. them.  Then sit around and wait for the mobs to repop while you wait for the cooldowns to refresh, assuming you didn't complete the quest(s).

Personally, I tend to loathe classes with long cooldown skills.  I realize they need something to make it so you can't just spam high power skills in boss battles, but when you're just adventuring it makes those skills just feel sorta pointless.  I've always been a big fan of the idea that all skills should go off cooldown whenever you "officially" leave combat.

At 24, what I did was two points into Wingstorm (second path), two points into Dragoncall to get Dragon Helix, and two points into Rupture (second path), and lastly, four points into Imprison. The strategy was to lead with Wingstorm followed-up with three uses of Dragon Helix and Rupture each, then bind and Imprison to reset Wingstorm (and hopefully get an extra Dragon Helix if Imprison crits).

While all of that is a bit overkill when dealing with a single random enemy, Warlock doesn't really have anything that is specifically strong against a single target that isn't also an AoE, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. You'll definitely get the most mileage out of Warlock by grouping multiple enemies together and blasting away at them.

Regarding Bombardment, personally I'm a bigger fan of Dimensional Volley. While a little more awkward to use, the damage is consistently higher and even more so when you take the guaranteed Rupture into consideration. It's probably one of the quicker ways to take down a single enemy when your big attacks are on cooldown.

When I was Lv20-Lv30 (With +25AP gem), and when I doing quest in open world, I run to one mob, attack to lure another one, then cast 4 to insta kill both, then do the same using V+F, then do the same using 2+3, then by this time, 4 is ready again, then again and again. If mobs are not dead, just add some RMBs, especially 4 can insta cast RMB. 

I turn to max skill 3 first for the damage and refresh

57 minutes ago, Lingchi said:

I spent almost the entire way to 45 with 4>X>2>3>4>F>4>V

Rotate F>Rmb til 4 is ready. Then CD management

Me too. It was dreadful. The entire freakin' way to 45 watching the same animations. Why does the Warlock have fewer skills than the other classes? Is it like this in KR version?

At first I was like "Wow, pretty lights. This class has the coolest skills!" But now it's just...boring. 

Don't get me wrong here. I still like the class. Somewhat. I just wish there was more to it. :(

Currently my warlock is lvl 40 but I have found a combo that works quite well for me (granted liking to 30 sucked due to how slow warlock is. My "combo" is LMB>RMB>1 then depending on the enemy type either F or the second RMB then F... It works for me and my lock can solo things just not effincently... Lol

I use the Dimensional skills for RMB, it works pretty well with Rupture even on single targets, I find it more interesting than the Bombardment. 

Like you said, against several ennemies it's easy and fast if you use some CDs (all big skills are AOE), so I usually try to bait a lot of mobs before using shackle and clearing them all in once. 

1 hour ago, Renesmee said:

Me too. It was dreadful. The entire freakin' way to 45 watching the same animations. Why does the Warlock have fewer skills than the other classes? Is it like this in KR version?

At first I was like "Wow, pretty lights. This class has the coolest skills!" But now it's just...boring. 

Don't get me wrong here. I still like the class. Somewhat. I just wish there was more to it. :(

Around L40 it got more complicated using defensive skills. Also swapped to dragon helix to keep it interesting.

Rotation doesnt change much.

Archived