**** Account Locked due to suspicious activities ****

Fangjie

3 minutes ago, Proofiee said:

Soo.. this happened to me yesterday... MY account got banned... because of some suspicious activity...

I was in game, waiting for my friend to come online who was waiting in the queue for 20 mins, and my game closed.

Since then I wasn't able to login... jsut kept saying try in a few minutes... after much tries.. i stumled across this....

Anywhoo...

I play from UK on the NA server coz my friends are there.

I dont use WTFast or VPN services or any 3rd party apps. My ping is about 115 and very stable.

Unless they are against overclocking... like a few other games... thats the only thing i can think of that might get me banned... 

I have emailed their support from my gaming account.. but no reply

Someone told me they were replying tweets so I have also tweeted them.

Its been 14 hours since I got banned for no apparent reason. IMO

Hey, I'm pushing 14 hours exactly as well. Stay strong brotherman :D

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Proofiee said:

Soo.. this happened to me yesterday... MY account got banned... because of some suspicious activity...

I was in game, waiting for my friend to come online who was waiting in the queue for 20 mins, and my game closed.

Since then I wasn't able to login... jsut kept saying try in a few minutes... after much tries.. i stumled across this....

Anywhoo...

I play from UK on the NA server coz my friends are there.

I dont use WTFast or VPN services or any 3rd party apps. My ping is about 115 and very stable.

Unless they are against overclocking... like a few other games... thats the only thing i can think of that might get me banned... 

I have emailed their support from my gaming account.. but no reply

Someone told me they were replying tweets so I have also tweeted them.

Its been 14 hours since I got banned for no apparent reason. IMO

I pretty much had the exact situation, I got banned early today. The night before I kept getting that stupid Disconnect error with the massive number code then it kicked me out. Then today it only did it once but after that I got this ridiculous account ban even thought I did absolutely nothing wrong, no 3rd party software use or anything. Just reached level 30 too so I got real excited and bam! lol

So now I am worried too. I my provider won't give me a static IP (like never), I must use WTFast just because without it the game is absolutely unplayable even tho the distance to (supposed) game servers is less than 500km. I happen to be kicked like every 6 hours coz of IP change, no problem I can put Verification Code, but if my account gets banned I will be seriously... you know what.

Hearing of people getting refunded without any explanation is crazy. So after buying Master Pack my only option (if I don't want to risk acc ban) is to log in and... craft and chat?

At a side note I could play without any VPN on CN and RU servers, the first time I heard of WTFast was when I started reading B&S forums.  They said they know what the problem is and yet still hear of people getting banned...

1st i submited ticket from another account, saying that i has this "suspicious" problem. Then i added some proofs to that ticket that account that was blocked is actually mine. Then i mailed them from my "account" mail, pointing to my ticket ID, that i submited from another acc. Mailed them like 10h after submiting ticket. Got unbanned in like 20h +4(maybe, maximum). But i think that only ticket maybe be enough, if you will be able to proove that locked account is actually yours.

Now that i am actually worried is that i maybe be banned again (accidentally), because playing without WTFast is not at option at all. And waiting all the time 20h+ for response also not an option, and who knows, maybe another "supporter" will think that i deserve this ban  and i wont be unbanned

I'm hearing reports of players within the US are finding accounts locked due to this "suspicious activity" thing. One of them played only once (when the game officially launched) for a few hours, no founder's pack, no WTFast or the like (because FiOS). Now I'm scared to play.

Got a reply from BNS Team saying that the issue has been resolved sadly I'm still banned at the moment,

Jor-El (Blade and Soul)

Jan 21, 10:05

Greetings,

We believe your reported issue should be resolved at this time.

If you are still having issues logging in, please do not hesitate to let us know right away.

Cheers,

Jor-El
NCSOFT Support Team

I'm happy that they replied though.

56 minutes ago, Zoeii said:

My banned account was also resolved this morning. It took them two attempts to resolve though. Total wait time for me ~30 hours.

I assume the first attempt was asking you for more details on your account for verification o.o?

P.S. sorry for the duplicate post above, somehow the quote got messed up...

I can confirm that it is in fact due to IP changes. I do not use a VPN and yet two days ago my main account was locked. This conveniently happened after my power went out and my modem reset. I have a dynamic IP so I also have issues with things like Battlenet, but I've never been BANNED for it. I contacted support via email over 48 hours ago and got a response from a bot asking for more info last night. So this is gonna be fun.

Well my account got hacked by another IP address, so I got banned from my account. Got an e-mail asking for more info this morning so looks like it'll take awhile. I sent the e-mail 40+ hours ago. I don't use VPN as well. This sucks, I won't know what the hacker did to my main account :/

54 minutes ago, Proofiee said:

Please anyone following the QnA session livestream, If they answer the question about banning people, please post it here. Thank you =]

I will be watching it too, just incase I miss it.

Hey, just reporting in, I was unbanned after submitting a ticket last night. They went as far as to "link and merge" the ticket I submitted on my dummy account (since I was locked from original), 2 emails I sent from 2 different email addresses, and after merging all those they moved it to my original account that is now unbanned. So rest assured if your stress is about whether or not they will be able to link your accounts, or if they might miss information you sent in the email but not in the support ticket, no worries they'll get it all. I know this is the case since most who were locked out could not login the original account to submit a ticket, so I understand what your worries may consist of.

The only thing I'm scared of is, because I don't know what the issue was, I won't be changing any of my computer or internet setup, so hopefully I won't get banned the second time. Then again, I have yet to read any single post about a second ban after getting ubanned after an investigation in general forums or on this thread, so my hopes are high. Good luck to everyone else.

On 20/01/2016 at 1:07 AM, Rukkirii said:

We're sorry to hear that your accounts were locked and we understand how frustrating this can be. In order for the issue to be looked into further, please submit a ticket to Customer Support as they have the proper tools to investigate the issues further.

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us

I dont understand, our accounts are blocked.... we know we are supposed to submit tickets.. but we literally cant! Why is everyone from the customer literally repeating the same thing again and again and again? We are having to make second accounts just to submit a ticket? even then, we are here, waiting for a day or 2 before anything happens at all. And people getting bot-like replies? nNothing you can do after we have decided to buy premium membeships and founder packs? Just stack the tickets form a second account?

Problem resolved for me also got this as a response to what to avoid to not have it happen again.

"We are happy to help. About your inquiry, we are aware that many of our players use ping-lowering proxy services to reduce their latency. While NCSOFT does not expressly prohibit the use of these services, we advise our customers to use them at their own risk.

Because of the security concerns these services pose we may not accept proxy IP’s as authorized IP’s when connecting to NCSOFT account management. Please be aware that if you access the account from or attempt to add these proxies to your authorized IP list, the account may be blocked and subject to review especially if the proxy you use has a history of suspicious activity. "

Archived