would a new CPU get me 60+fps?

Naytham

AMD FX(tm)-4130 Quad-Core Processor 2.81 GHz
RAM: 8GB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

These are my specs. I'm really struggling to continue playing with such low fps and so I'm thinking of upgrading my PC. I don't have much money so I was just going to upgrade my CPU. Would this be enough? 

FX6120, XFX r7-240 2gb 10 gb of DDR3 game installed on SSD 600 watt PSU and i have to cap in game at 60, My display is at 60hz, the 24  man instance boss fights CTRL F( I only CRTL F to hide players so i can see the boss mechanics and not have it hidden by the other 23 players on my screen with their skills blowing off hiding the boss's skills) and i only drop to 45 at the lowest, rest of my game time is at 60FPS.

It doesn't take much more than a Potato to play game and get 60 FPS IMO. you just gotta know how to configure the computer and game settings to work well with what you have. 

Fixing to drop a MSI 970 gaming Mobo on mine, in preparation of upgrading CPU and adding a water cooler to it. FX6300 have dropped to 100 bucks, watching the prices of the higher end CPUs and waiting for their price to dip a bit more first too.  

5 hours ago, Naytham said:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

These are my specs. I'm really struggling to continue playing with such low fps and so I'm thinking of upgrading my PC. I don't have much money so I was just going to upgrade my CPU. Would this be enough? 

Upgrading to a fast intel core would be a great step in the right direction.

You wanna look at your videocard too, and be sure your rams are at least DDR3-1333 Mhz CL11, running in dual-channel.

And SSD will provide better loading times.

FX-4130 is a really weak cpu and your GPU is quite outdated too.

Modern Gaming CPU : i5-6600K

Comparison with your FX-4130

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-vs-AMD-FX-4130-Quad-Core/3503vsm2420

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/433/AMD_FX-Series_FX-4130_vs_Intel_Core_i5_i5-6600K.html

Modern Gaming GPU (1080p) : GTX 970

Comparison with your GT 630

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-970-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-GT-630/2577vsm7766

9 hours ago, Naytham said:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Where are you from and do you have a budget? If so, I might be able to help. Your current rig is indeed outdated, so it's no wonder you're getting poor performance.

9 hours ago, SrKoquonfaes said:

To run this game at 60 fps at any given time, you would need a PC powered by the ghosts of dead Microsoft-certified systems engineers.

HAHA!

Thanks for the reply's guys. They helped a lot. I understand my PC is pretty outdated. I only really have enough money to get a new CPU and I can't really go with Intel since my motherboard isn't compatible. 

I was planning to upgrade my CPU to FX-6300. Is this a good idea? Would it help me that a lot like I think it would?

51 minutes ago, Asguard said:

If your going amd which is weak on the 1 core processing Id recommend get a 30$ fan and over clock it

I don't have a choice really. What do you mean by 1 core processing, does BnS run on one core? And is there any fan you would recommend? 

You could probably do a GTX 960 4GB and a CPU a bit under the 4690k.

I'm currently running a GTX 970 and an i5-4690k at stock--though both parts are rather high end. I can max the graphics, but I do suffer FPS dips during heavy AoE mobbing in a party of 6, though it's generally negligible. I do worry that 24 man performance could suffer noticeably. Mind you, I do also use Nvidia Inspector for higher graphics.

im looking at sadly downgrading to get better single core performance. there is an I3 that has exceptional single core benchmarks, however im currently using a 1155 socket i7.

so im also looking at upgrading my motherboard too and voiding my copy of windows :/

overall this would cost around 200 dollars on top of the 200 dollars i just spent on a GPU, not counting the cost to reactivate windows. perhaps i will look into a crack for that... 

but im still sitting here wondering if its really worth it. its alot of money to drop on a stubborn game while everything else i play works just fine :/  

On 2/24/2016 at 4:20 AM, SrKoquonfaes said:

To run this game at 60 fps at any given time, you would need a PC powered by the ghosts of dead Microsoft-certified systems engineers.

you don't need new gen gaming pc to run bns with 70 fps or higher...

I am using 2012 gaming pc and easily can get 70fps on China.

Archived