In-Game Chat

MichelleZhivago

Hello all, 

Is this game under attack? In-Game Chat seems REALLY buggy today:

Chat_zpsblaxrkor.png

I checked the Font Size. System Font Size is normal and the same as all the other chat.

Chat1_zpsqcst2ugf.png

This is what happened when I took System Chat out of the ALL Tab. Huge blank spaces. Anyone else having issues with Chat? Thank you.

Michelle

Can't click on any of it. REALLY hate the way the cursor goes away after clicking on one thing. I get that all I have to do is hit "Esc" to get it back but after EVERY SINGLE CLICK?

In any case, the problem is not just that there is spam. That unfortunately is normal, I guess. WHY is that SYSTEM so large? Why do I not see ANYTHING but that and the occasional Faction Chat? I can not even see to verify that it is Region Chat. Scrolling up gets me nothing but blank space and another of those fake System Alerts.

I went to a different character to see if it was somehow just that one character. Nope. Same.

Chat2_zpshqbulv41.png

Same message over and over and NOTHING else.

jchz_zpszdwwtxgs.png

The same comment on System Chat over and over with just those last couple of letters that are much smaller, (The actual size that chat SHOULD be.), changing with each new entry by this spambot.

On a Chat-related question, why when I click on that little symbol at the upper left of the chat box and open Chat Settings, whenever I try the pull down menu for which tab I want to adjust, I get this:

DiffCharClanChat_zpsv83l9hnb.png

"Enter a name for the new tab." I had not selected to make a new tab. I wanted to see if I could clear out the Clan and Faction Tab for ONLY Clan Chat so I could talk to SOMEONE. 

Party Finder and DragonSpire Tabs were already garbage, loaded with spam and completely useless. Now everything is lost?

Again, is this game under attack? Forums seem to be, every single night. Chat has had Gold-Sellers spamming since the start, then they started adding large, distracting symbols, roses and things to their spam to make it that much harder for players and now HUGE fake System Alerts. 

This makes communication of any kind impossible. I do not even see the entries in chat when I kill something and should get exp.

1 hour ago, MichelleZhivago said:

Can't click on any of it. REALLY hate the way the cursor goes away after clicking on one thing. I get that all I have to do is hit "Esc" to get it back but after EVERY SINGLE CLICK?

On a Chat-related question, why when I click on that little symbol at the upper left of the chat box and open Chat Settings, whenever I try the pull down menu for which tab I want to adjust, I get this:

Just hold ALT, and your cursor won't disappear after clicking on something ;)

To change an existing chat's settings you need to clink on the chat's name and not at the simbol in the upper left. And the + button is the "make new tab" option ^^ + you don't need to enter new name to the chat, that's only an option. Set your desired settings and it will allow you to apply it.

About that spambot...Yeah, it's REALY annoying, but i think it's because bots realized that they are reported/blocked too fast, so now they use these horrible big and buggy things to not allow us to find their names (so can't block them)

I wasn't in game today, but yesterday I was still able to block spammers like this (but now maybe they increased messages), because I have made my chat bigger (to see more messages, you can see hat triangle of dots at top right corner, if you move your mouse on it, press it and move up - chat box will be bigger). Try this, maybe will help to block them. 

Archived