Is this bannable?

Firefox155

The only multiple button macro they've said is okay to use is SS (which essentially is one action even though it's two presses).

Otherwise the ToS follows the usual one button to one action rule. Multiple actions on a single button press are not allowed, and I haven't seen any game that doesn't find that bannable.

Will you get banned? Maybe, maybe not, but I personally wouldn't risk it.

9 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

Alot of players in other versions use X-Button control, a free and very simple to use program, that lets you configure you mouse buttons to trigger binds on your key board, so you bind everything as normal to your key board, it then allows you to configure you mouse buttons, say 4 or 5 to also press to same buttons as you key board is bound to.

https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/xmousebuttoncontrol.htm

Wow, way to go, truly a people's hero. Linking directly to what allows this semi-cheating. So how many script kiddies with malicious intents looking for 10 second wins is jumping on this now?

2 minutes ago, TheRealElvis said:

Wow, way to go, truly a people's hero. Linking directly to what allows this semi-cheating. So how many script kiddies with malicious intents looking for 10 second wins is jumping on this now?

really, how is this cheating its just normal binding, there are no scripts and no macros, practically every one I know usess this on CN and RU versions and it a been officially announced to be allowed. you are still only pressing ONE button to do ONE action,

If this is bannable then they need to ban Windows too because you can configure this in windows settings too if you know what your doing

2 minutes ago, TheRealElvis said:

You can automate combo sequences with this program.

You can do it in windows using note pad too so................ yeah..............ban Windows !!!

If your not using it to make scripts or macro's you are NOT doing anything wrong

Just now, Elvenmad said:

You can do it in windows using note pad too so................ yeah..............ban Windows !!!

Indeed you can, banning a program is impossible, but I do think in these cases anti-cheat applications should be granted more intrusive scan capabilities. Because before you say "b-b-b-but muh privacy" stop kidding yourself, mice and keyboard don't store this information. Automating entire parts of the combat system is exactly that "bannable macroing" that's been tossed around, and you know it.

I EMPHASIZE what I feel are important parts of my speech because I am honest with myself. I am wordy, but not so obnoxiously so that you can't read it. Still, it helps to EMPHASIZE things you want the reader to also deem important.

Are you making a point, or making fun of me? You can't seem to decide. I'm 28 dude, I don't care if you don't like me or what I have to say.

Automation of combat is not an opinion however, it's a fact. Anything that removes the human element, I.E forcing you to press buttons yourself, is automation. So far, your only example is a first person shooter that offers scripts that allow people to use one of FOUR AVAILABLE skills more easily than...I don't even know how you do it, pushing a button? How hard could it be to use these skills that you need a macro?

Again, I don't CARE if other companies don't care, or even give you the ability to do it. All of that information is completely superfluous. Does NCWEST care? YES, they do. You have been told this, by more than just me, and even admitted conceit once, though apparently chose to fight with me again because...you don't like me?

Nothing you say about me, or my writing style changes the fact that you are wrong. Automation of combat IS against the rules, and WILL eventually land you with a nice big ban. If you want to promote all this other nonsense that's on you.

Learn how to play the game. That's how you'll be amazing at it. All of the rest of this stuff is a waste of your time, and will make you a far worse player than you might be if you just left it to skill in the end.

You wanna keep making fun of me, or you want to bring up a point about a different game nobody is talking about?

Whew I really don't care about your personal gripes about the debate/communication either.

Anyway on to your first big paragraph there. You are really missing the point. Yes obviously the "definition of" automation of combat is a fact. But the "morals of" automation of combat are an opinion.

In particular, this first person shooter promotes/allows/provides for the ability to make scripts that do things like:

Jump+crouch at the same time (which gives you a slightly higher jump height)

Be able to press A and then D without the buttons canceling eachother (so you move the other direction)

Change opening a menu and pressing a button to create one of 4 things to just creating thing 2 or thing 4.

A bind that when pressed will let you shoot a rocket to propel/jump yourself, while picking up a building you made at the same time - normally a rather difficult thing to pull off.

Jump+crouch is fairly simple, you just press space and ctrl at the same time and hold them down. But in the game you might be constantly doing it all the time. It makes it immensely easier to have a bind to press those two buttons at once with just space, and it also frees up your other finger. It also saves a bit of finger strain. Especially when you have to focus on how you're moving in the game's 3D environment, it's generally best to always get your full jump height.

You don't "need" a macro, but it's a lot more convenient.

I conceded that yes it seems like NCSoft doesn't want us to use macros like the one op stated, after evidence was provided, but then another person posted a quote from a different NCSoft employee who said something different that can be interpreted as them being okay with the one the OP stated.

I don't seem to understand what I'm wrong about, as it seems you don't even understand what I'm talking about in the first place if you're still arguing the difference of fact and opinion.

I continue to argue merely to debunk your opinions about macroing, not to debunk what NCSoft's stance on it is. I can't tell you accurately what NCSoft's stance is right now, we're back to square one of "waiting for an official statement" because we now have some ambiguous statements from them. I retract that I conceded.

And no, I'm not debating you just because I "don't like you". I'm debating because I disagree and am explaining why I disagree. If you want to know if there's any personal reasons, I just like to debate.

As for learning to play the game, I agree. That's what I said in the first place. I don't know why you're repeating my statement again and again.

At the end of the day the rules are simple no matter what you use or how you bind keys ONE button activates ONE skill. using macro's to link skills is to me cheating and your also cheating yourself, there is no skill at all in sitting there pressing ONE button.

46 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

If your not using it to make scripts or macro's you are NOT doing anything wrong

Can you teach me how to use this? the only thing i want to do is, use the middle click of my mouse for one skill, because the In Game config dont allow you to set the mouse wheel click for any skill...

Archived