Is Arena really equal for everyone?

Yuukihime

So I've fought over 100 battle with other Silver-ranks in Arena but then I face a Gold-rank and his attack seem super fast and so strong even though it was the same attack for every other players I have face until now.

The opponent I (Blade Dancer) play against is a Gold-rank Blade Master and he somehow literally defeat me in 2 moves in a matter of less than 10 seconds. Now again, I have face countless Blade Master b4 and I had my fair share of winning and loosing but never to this extreme. I could survive a few of the same attack against my countless other Blade Master, so this really come at a surprise for me. Even Destroyer rage cannot kill me in less than 10 seconds before.  I should also mention that his stun/daze last pretty much the whole fight (which i never encounter b4 as well). I manage to take like 40% of his HP b4 he does another combo that took my whole HP again (after all my skills are in CD). 

Now, I could be a total noob and know nothing about how his skill tree is build but is there a way to increase one's attack/defense/speed in Arena? Or maybe Gold-rank or higher had special way to make their character stronger? 

PS: It's my first time fighting a Gold-rank in 1v1 but both our name show up under the opponent, so I'm guessing that's also one of Gold-rank special privileges? 

Thank you, appreciate any respond. 

Is arena equal?  Man so many answers.  Depends on what you mean equal.  Do you mean equal stats?  Then yes, your stats are equalized, and a gold BM will have the same stats as a bronze BM or a diamond BM.  The only difference would be in skills, where obviously a lv45(5) would have a huge advantage over a lv30, and doubly so if we're talking BM.  Gold doesn't have some sort of stat advantage, if that's what you're asking.

As for arena balance between classes...well no.  It's not entirely balanced at all.  That said, if you're somewhere around lv45 and you're a gold LBD and vsing a gold BM, then either he's hacking (if you're not exaggerating re your 2 moves, kinda unlikely), or honestly, you and basically every other class has an advantage over BM.  I'm not going to touch class balances though, since there are many other useless salty threads on that one.

22 minutes ago, Yuukihime said:

Thank you for your respond beowolf, yes I'm not exaggerating and I agreed with you that normally LBD has more advantage against BM. But I guess either i just happen to fight a Hacker or he's just that strong. 

You are referring to his lightning burst damage. No they can burn you nearly as quick as Destroyer with fury. Or kfm using animation canceling. I personally feel how 1 mistake and you get burnt from 100% to 20% is kinda BS. I've played MMO's since the later end of the 90's. A huge fighting game fan from beat em ups, to Mortal Combat and beyond. And in all the fighting games I have played, and all the mmos pvp, I have never seen a single person 3 seconds finish you from full to zero. At least not in an 'Equalized" setting. 

equal for everyone, but not every class.

you need to have use your escape skills wisely. Not when they light up. Use them when you know you will take strong attacks.

also practice combos, have a clear mind about them. Also need to know other classes, know their skills, strengths and weaknesses.

I played about 250 games in pre and post patch(more than 100 games as a non-45). And I have to say that I was pretty noob at the beginning. It takes time to practice.

now I am a 1718 FM, ranked 200 in class ranking. feelsgood.

3 minutes ago, Yongnian said:

He probably had the new Hongmoon skill.  Also he could have had lower ping than the other people you've played against.

you expect alot of different silver and gold destroyers wearing a hongmoon uniform have high tier skills ok

Don't forget about the teleporting LBD's and FM's in Gold i've seen them...and Sins with 0 cool down on flash bang so they can spam it. Then there's classes that can 100-0 you in one combo even if you have your tab you can't escape ...also some classes can animation cancel and kill you in seconds while other classes can't and also some people use macro's.

Stats may be balanced but ping then class followed by player skill in that order is what normally decides an arena match unless you get some one who is fly hacking, speed hacking or some other of hack. 

Also don't forget people use alts to gain ranks ...and nothing will be done about that either. 

6 hours ago, Yuukihime said:

Thank you for your respond beowolf, yes I'm not exaggerating and I agreed with you that normally LBD has more advantage against BM. But I guess either i just happen to fight a Hacker or he's just that strong. 

I dont think its hacker. Im lazy blade cancer my self and after 30 games im gold whit +8 wins. From experience playing before preseason and playing now there is like 1 out of 100 BM who do their counters/combo almost perfectly and thats why it may seem they are hacking. I think it was just a really good BM 

12 minutes ago, OuchThatHurt said:

Don't forget about the teleporting LBD's and FM's in Gold i've seen them...and Sins with 0 cool down on flash bang so they can spam it. Then there's classes that can 100-0 you in one combo even if you have your tab you can't escape ...also some classes can animation cancel and kill you in seconds while other classes can't and also some people use macro's.

Stats may be balanced but ping then class followed by player skill in that order is what normally decides an arena match unless you get some one who is fly hacking, speed hacking or some other of hack. 

Also don't forget people use alts to gain ranks ...and nothing will be done about that either. 

Not sure what you're talking about. I'm not talking about hacks. I'm talking about bots that exist in pvp to farm zen beans. The different destroyers i've gone against in silver and gold are following simple bot protocol designed for pvp. When these things suddenly sprang up, I was doing fine in 1650's, but then I faced these destroyers and I'm back to silver now. I'm not some salty angry joe ofc

Secondly, how are people able to gain rank with alts when pvp is randomized

28 minutes ago, TerraDraco said:

I dont think its hacker. Im lazy blade cancer my self and after 30 games im gold whit +8 wins. From experience playing before preseason and playing now there is like 1 out of 100 BM who do their counters/combo almost perfectly and thats why it may seem they are hacking. I think it was just a really good BM 

good sir, it is not about the fact that within 30 games, you are gold with 8+ wins as blade cancer. it's about taking notice that there is an abuse of game content in pvp whether it be hacking or bots. as the title of this thread states "is arena really equal for everyone?"

Archived