How Do You Keep Aggro as BM?

Nawake

I just recently arrived at Level 45 and now have the oppurtunity to play the endgame dungeons like Blackram Supply Chain or Bloodshade Harbour. 

BUT

Sometimes the ranged classes are a little pissed that I can't tank and I was like "HURPA DURP WE ARE ALL DPS CLASSES". 

Of course someone has to hold aggro and since, me the mighty BM is a melee class, i have to tank for the other ranged classes so they don't have to worry about kiting and that other shizzle.

So...tl;dr i'm asking how to keep aggro or how to tank as a Blade Master?  

1) Use full hp and crit soul shield

2) Use cyclone and 5-point strike with aggro increasing trait

3) (Optional and differente playstile) Learn to use bladeguard to defend while staying in draw stance (it increases aggro as well on successful deflect)

4) (Optional linked to 3) Use melee flicker+dragontongue instead of standard aoe flicker+honed slash on bosses

5) Hope your team members don't have increased aggro accessories

6) ???

7) Profit!

15 hours ago, Shar said:

3) (Optional and differente playstile) Learn to use bladeguard to defend while staying in draw stance (it increases aggro as well on successful deflect)

4) (Optional linked to 3) Use melee flicker+dragontongue instead of standard aoe flicker+honed slash on bosses

6) ???

7) Profit!

6) Hope you won't have FM in group or tell him to start DPS when boss is around 70% HP.

Have Blade Call, threat Cyclone and threat 5 Point Strike.

Go in and V, C, Block first attack, Cyclone, V, 4, LB, do some ani-cancel with RB/LB, 3 when boss is doing next hit to iframe it and deal all the 5 hits of damage.

This may change depending on how long the boss takes to land their first hit. Against the Venomous Thrasher you have more time. Against the sister you have even more time.

From there you should be set. Now keep Cyclone buff up and DPS. If you don't play well you may drop threat to some heavy damage class like FM or Sin

On 2/16/2016 at 2:42 PM, Shar said:

6) ???

7) Profit!

The threat on Bladeguard is nice. Though that 0.5 second window on it  makes it to where you have to time it perfectly every time, or waste the skill points on it. The only advantage I see it having over block is the fact it doesn't drop you out of draw stance.

Archived