thank you for optimizing this game so well ncsoft ;)

Kawasaki

1 minute ago, Killian said:

It's 3 am and I'm heading off, but tomorrow I'll do some tests with different settings. Because I also turned AF from 8x to 16x today, I'll try combos of both and get back here if anything changes.

Alright thanks in advance man and sleep well.

5 hours ago, Meerkat said:

You know, it's amazing.  I actually come from a primarily FPS background, and I play at a fairly high level.  Literally, if performance isn't rock solid, a lot of players at my level do nothing but *cricket* about performance all day.  FPS games leaning toward competitive can die within a year if the performance isn't there.

This game has been live for what?  Five years?  Maybe six including betas?  And people honestly don't seem that perturbed by the performance.  Just a few threads here and there about crap performance.  But overall not a huge stink.  People even talk about this game being ready for competitive.

And from my perspective, a FPS player perspective, that's an absolute joke.

It's odd is what I'm trying to say.

it kinda pisses me off how much time ive spent trying to figure out whats wrong while people with 5000 dollar computers sit there and tell me everythings fine and the devs ignore threads and brush it off like 90% of the playerbase is no big thing :/ that and how every thread on the subject dies in a day. it does not look promising.

sorry my pc is a budget system, but its still better than a damn xbone and should run this not so amazing looking when taking everything in account game.

I just want to say something, on my laptop i7@2.5ghz, 16gb ram, and gtx 980m i was having gpu usage issues. Dident mather if i use max or low settings in game, but after playing around with nvidia inspector. Forced some AA and supersampling also changed from high quality to high performance i got it to run at 90-100% from 20-30%. And fps went up alot, still having problems at blackwyrm think thats a cpu issue tho this game dosent use any of my cpu power.. Same issue at home computer with i7@4.3ghz, 16gb ram, gtx980 so i think this game is badly optimized to use the cpu and cant find a way to force more cpu usage :-(. Maybe this has been said before in the thread just wanted to share my experience :-)

MSI Z97 Gaming 5

GTX 970

i5-4690k

8 gigs Corsair 1333 mhz

Kingston SSD Stripe (very old)

Windows 7 64-bit (OS is on a Samsung EVO 850 SSD)

All of my drivers (and BIOS) are up-to-date, my hardware is stock, and I run things further with Nvidia Inspector for my GPU. Granted, I do OS tweaks that I don't recommend to others as well. So far, the optimization patch gave me a bit of a frame drop around other players--in town or in dungeons. It feels slightly choppy. It's not enough to drastically affect anything, but it is fairly noticeable when there's 10+ players around in the open world, though combat remains unaffected when killing bosses in general. The annoying texture flicker with grass still remains, though. The only effects I've lowered is some draw distance and anything to reign in the overwhelming bloom and shine the developers added to everything. (Seriously. This is gross and needs to stop in every foreign game that's churned out.)

Overall, nothing has changed for me positively, and the only negative is typically negligible outside of PvP.

7 hours ago, Meerkat said:

You know, it's amazing.  I actually come from a primarily FPS background, and I play at a fairly high level.  Literally, if performance isn't rock solid, a lot of players at my level do nothing but *cricket* about performance all day.  FPS games leaning toward competitive can die within a year if the performance isn't there.

This game has been live for what?  Five years?  Maybe six including betas?  And people honestly don't seem that perturbed by the performance.  Just a few threads here and there about crap performance.  But overall not a huge stink.  People even talk about this game being ready for competitive.

And from my perspective, a FPS player perspective, that's an absolute joke.

It's odd is what I'm trying to say.

trouble with the MMO community we have gotten used to sub par systems and set ups with lag in lag like issues ..

the DEVs NOW cut corners and leave the game with lag and lag spikes for 3 to 6 months as they figure they can still make the money out of the game before everyone walks away

I'll throw in my PC to the hat for "getting a better performance after the update"

Here's my core spec:

- i7 - 6700k

- Gigabyte Gaming 7

- Dominator Platinum 16gb

- EVGA  980tiSC on SLI

So yes, a beastly PC does get a noticeable improvement on this game after the recent update. 

4 minutes ago, N3ph1lim said:

I'll throw in my PC to the hat for "getting a better performance after the update"

Here's my core spec:

- i7 - 6700k

- Gigabyte Gaming 7

- Dominator Platinum 16gb

- EVGA  980tiSC on SLI

So yes, a beastly PC does get a noticeable improvement on this game after the recent update. 

Alright then some people actually did get improvements. Now just to find out what they changed so that people that have it worse now can set it back again. If nobody would report their game now runs smoother i would have send a ticket to appeal to reverse the change. Well if any dev is reading this can you tell us what you changed ? If its not too difficult maybe we could reverse it ourselves ? As i said with my "forum alt" i do not really notice a difference, but my mate does so kinda looking into it for his sake.

Looks like some people need to run apps which will force the game to access hardware resources. No. Not game boosters, those just kill off as much running processes as you allow it. I'm talking about one that forces the game to use the same hardware resource specifications these NCsoft scamps say the game requires.
I had some friends  that got discouraged from starting the game because even they saw the game was poorly optimized and not worth monetary investment until something gets done.

NCsoft's staff needs to get their heads out of the sand and fix the issue instead of "looking into it" which is translation for "we do not acknowledge that we have a problem we created by hiring mediocre software development teams" Mop up your mess NC.

Archived