Is it ok to use WTFast? or still bannable

Separty

On 2/16/2016 at 4:17 PM, Schimz said:

I think its okay now. I've been using WTFast for almost a month now and i dont have any problem at all. Also it is good if you are playing outside NA/EU i got 60% ping improvement on my gaming experience and im from SEA .

just curious, whats your latency before and after using wtfast ?

It's not so much about reducing your latency, it's more about the smoothing of it. WTFast adds ~10 ms ping for me, but the connection is more stable and I can ani-cancel without fail, whereas without it, I stop attacking every few seconds. Less packet loss I guess.

I sent a ticket to support regarding the usage of WTFast, they said they don't normally ban you for using it, unless you connect through some proxy that is used to spam their servers, so... bottom line was: "use it at your own risk".

WTFast has never been bannable, at least not on purpose. NCSoft don't support any 3rd party products (obviously, as the development is outside their control) so if an update to the game suddenly causes problems to WTFast or other 3rd party programs it won't be their first priority to sort it out.

WTFast is basically a VPN and tries to route traffic to the game servers better. Personally from east coast Australia without WTFast I get between 200 to 300 ping, with some random large spikes. With WTFast it is around 160-170 ping, with MUCH less ping spikiness.

Note that services like WTFast are largely a paid subscription (ie. not free). There's no choice really for Oceanic and SEA players connecting through to NA in order to get an English language version of the game, these VPNs are required to get ping to a degree that is playable. That WTFast subscription money could have gone to NCSoft cash store, but oh well went to WTFast as there's no local servers.

5 minutes ago, Shisuferia said:

Can someone tell me how to configure WTFast? I am having trouble making it work.

Thank you very much

You can choose Blade and Soul NA from the listed game of WTFast. No need to do the manual ste up. NA and EU use the same setting as it connect to the same log in server anyway. However, you will have to choose WTFast server manually. Don't use the auto-select option.

WTFast is still bannable guys.If you are still using it you are lucky for now.Here is the answer to my ticket from yesterday..

Thank you for providing us with this report.
 While using a VPN is a useful service, it is not supported by NCSOFT in anyway. Furthermore, please be aware that if you access the account from or attempt to add these proxies to your authorized IP list, the account may be blocked and subject to review especially if the proxy you use has a history of suspicious activity. Lastly, customers are advised to use them at their own risk.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any additional issues, questions or concerns.

5 hours ago, S3Ri0us said:

WTFast is still bannable guys.If you are still using it you are lucky for now.Here is the answer to my ticket from yesterday..

Thank you for providing us with this report.
 While using a VPN is a useful service, it is not supported by NCSOFT in anyway. Furthermore, please be aware that if you access the account from or attempt to add these proxies to your authorized IP list, the account may be blocked and subject to review especially if the proxy you use has a history of suspicious activity. Lastly, customers are advised to use them at their own risk.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any additional issues, questions or concerns.

Wow....

Archived