Can we please adress this ''joining a party during dungeon run'' problem?

Masqava

When doing a purple dungeon, such as Blackram supply chain & Bloodshade harbor (especially in cross server) and you join the party when they are running the dungeon or you disconnect during the dungeon run, you have to run ALL THE WAY to part where the party is. If someone disconnects during say Poharan they have to walk all the way back, the whole party has to wait 5-10 minutes just because of the low stamina and huge amount of walking, it just takes ages for them to get there to the point it's basically pointless.

I'd suggest when someone enters they'd be put at begin of the part where the party is currently (1/4 portal, 2/4 portal, 3/4 portal, 4/4 portal) instead of having to walk all the way to the party.

It's a huge waste of time and it's really annoying, not just for joiners but even more for people that disconnected and have to walk back all over AGAIN.

I think I'm just done with cross server for BSH. Too many little issues that add up. Someone's weapon breaks, so that means if they don't have field repair it's a relog to fix then running all the way back in. People who haven't even bothered with 24 man to get a few shield pieces needing a carry and dying to screams because they don't have a set bonus. So many headaches that make it a drag to run. I don't understand how the game has been out for years and they've never changed it.

4 hours ago, Prototypemind said:

I think I'm just done with cross server for BSH. Too many little issues that add up. Someone's weapon breaks, so that means if they don't have field repair it's a relog to fix then running all the way back in. People who haven't even bothered with 24 man to get a few shield pieces needing a carry and dying to screams because they don't have a set bonus. So many headaches that make it a drag to run. I don't understand how the game has been out for years and they've never changed it.

Devs don't usually look back at older content to fix it. This dungeon is not a priority in KR anymore (since NCWest doesn't have devs) it would take NCW requesting this to KR, and waiting for them to create a fix (if they think its worth their time).

I'd like to see it changing but I doubt it will happen.

At that opportunity, the option for "join a running dungeon" option should be disabled (until the daily is completed at least) by default... how often have I forgotten to disable the option and landed in an POH/BSH party with the first boss already down? Completing daily not possible.

I think we could need the following, which is enabled after each boss (let's call everything a boss, that causes a firewall to make scripting easier):

• In the boss room of the defeated boss an "exit dungeon" portal is created (you know, sometimes you really want to repair your weapon before doing the next boss)
  • At the entrance, create or replace a red dragon ride that teleports you to the last defeated boss room

That would allow you to

a) repair your weapons in a multi stage instance without having to walk 10 minutes (even the escape option does move you only at the beginning of the current stage)

b) Allow people from rejoining to run from a reasonable distance back to the party, I think it should be possible to run that within 1~2 minutes

. (not to mention it would be easier to walk towards him to clear some more trash in case he can't skip it alone). Also you can only show him the "skipable route" on the stage you are currently on on the minimap.

Archived