Tablets to play BnS

DanielColunas

Hey guys...

I'm wondering if "Teclast X16" or "NVidia shield" tablets can run BnS, even at low end pc.

Currently i'm playing on a toaster and don't have money for a decent pc and because of work, I need a tablet too... so I was wondering if I could kill 2 birds with one shot.

I'm a simple guy, if i can get more than 30 fps on that i'll be happy because i have less on my toaster x_x

Please avoid comments like:

"you should buy a desktop". I know what i should buy, give me the money and i'll do that.

"tablets are not for gaming"...

Just stick to the point and tell me what do you think about those 2 tablets to play bns.

Cheers.

Just now, Emperium said:

Are they tablets or tablet PCs with a keyboard and mouse.  I can't imagine playing this game with my fingers.  And again, if they are tablets only, I don't think there is support.  

Dude... they are tablets with windows 10 and you can use mouse and keyboard on them.

Gosh.

1 minute ago, DanielColunas said:

Those 2 that i've mentioned can support.

The main problem is how much fps will i get? I just want to know if i'll get a minimum decent fps to play, that's all.

Seems like a bad idea. If you have $200-$300 to spend on a tablet, then save that money and work towards a desktop. You're talking about trying to play a fully-fleshed MMO on a piece of equipment meant to be thin and mobile. Even worse for an MMO that's a port from another region. Evvveeeeenn worse it's an MMO that as we all know, is poorly optimized even for desktops. 

Nope the Teclast X16 is way to under powered and there is no windows tablet powerful enough to run a current 3d MMO anyway, the NVIDIA SHIELD K1 is a Android tablet, as far as i know every NVIDIA SHIELD device is Android it would still not be powerful enough but it's actually a very nice tablet i use mine for emulators and some mobile gaming also streaming is very nice on it if you have a powerful pc to stream from.

Your best bet is a microsoft surface pro 4, but those are pretty expensive and the older versions won't be able to run this game properly cause of the low clocks on the cpu

Tablets usually have power saving cpu's with very low clocks, it just won't cut for a cpu intensive game. Surface pro 4 is a "tablet" with notebook hardware,

6 minutes ago, oPONGo said:

Your best bet is a microsoft surface pro 4, but those are pretty expensive and the older versions won't be able to run this game properly cause of the low clocks on the cpu

Tablets usually have power saving cpu's with very low clocks, it just won't cut for a cpu intensive game. Surface pro 4 is a "tablet" with notebook hardware,

XD did you see the price on those things ? He could get a powerful gaming pc AND one of the tablets he mentioned for that much.

Also the game would still run like crap but he should get 30 fps if nothing else is going on.

1 minute ago, tetsuo123 said:

XD did you see the price on those things ? He could get a powerful gaming pc AND one of the tablets he mentioned for that much.

Yes :) but frankly, those are the only "tablet" options, no other tablet would be able to run this game. And yes, for that kind of money, you could get a laptop with a i7 6700k and a 960m :)

Just now, DanielColunas said:

Thank you for not reading:

Please avoid comments like:

"you should buy a desktop". I know what i should buy, give me the money and i'll do that.

"tablets are not for gaming"...

I did read what you said. You just want people to tell you what you want to hear. Those are the facts lol. Tablets are built for low end work, multitasking and maximum battery life while on the go. Your best bet would be a Microsoft Surface Pro since it's a laptop in tablet form, but not only is it the price of a desktop computer, it still isn't enough for a game like Blade and Soul that is CPU demanding.

And as I stated before, Blade and Soul has a variety of optimization issues, even for those super high end desktops. And you think putting it on a tablet is going to somehow remedy all this issues? Pfft. So, save up for a desktop, tablets aren't for high end gaming, or quit.

1 minute ago, LuckyAbrams said:

I did read what you said. You just want people to tell you what you want to hear. Those are the facts lol. Tablets are built for low end work, multitasking and maximum battery life while on the go. Your best bet would be a Microsoft Surface Pro since it's a laptop in tablet form, but not only is it the price of a desktop computer, it still isn't enough for a game like Blade and Soul that is CPU demanding.

And as I stated before, Blade and Soul has a variety of optimization issues, even for those super high end desktops. And you think putting it on a tablet is going to somehow remedy all this issues? Pfft. So, save up for a desktop, tablets aren't for high end gaming, or quit.

^ this.

Im running a 5820k @ 4.3hgz, 16gb ripjaws and a 980ti, all on watercooling. Still, when i get 30 fps @ bosses, im happy :D

3 minutes ago, oPONGo said:

^ this.

Im running a 5820k @ 4.3hgz, 16gb ripjaws and a 980ti, all on watercooling. Still, when i get 30 fps @ bosses, im happy :D

You do know that is solely because this is DX9 tech with one processor for graphics and one for engine and the latency from the server when updating your client with multi-player environment and interactions.

- Abusive content removed by moderator -

17 hours ago, tetsuo123 said:

Nope the Teclast X16 is way to under powered and there is no windows tablet powerful enough to run a current 3d MMO anyway, the NVIDIA SHIELD K1 is a Android tablet, as far as i know every NVIDIA SHIELD device is Android it would still not be powerful enough but it's actually a very nice tablet i use mine for emulators and some mobile gaming also streaming is very nice on it if you have a powerful pc to stream from.

Really thank you for that answer!

I was hoping that tablet could run even at low end. My current pc has 4 gigs ram and 512m gpu, it's a pain in the butt to play, sadly.

Is this guy real?

It's obvious u lack the brain capacity to GOOGLE a wide arrange of tablets and COMPARE their specs with the game REQUIREMENTS and FIND OUT if they can run BnS or ANY other game.

Really, just google "can X tablet run games" and you will find your answer.

effing bye, man, lol.

you dont even understand how tablets work and why they were invented in the first place so I am gonna be nice here and say that you can get a laptop for that price and run this game fine (minus ncsoft's own performance issues)

14 minutes ago, DanielColunas said:

I was looking for an answer like tetsuo123 said and hoping that bns would run on the tablet.

Please, stop spamming my topic and leave. I don't need anyone to state the obvious captai

And you got your answer lol. There is no current-gen tablet that can run Blade and Soul, let alone any MMO that I can think of. The multitude of optimization problems coupled with an intensive CPU power demand is just something no tablet at the moment could really handle, let alone play. This is just the nature of tablets.

The NVIDIA Shield is an android based tablet so you couldn't even put it on there. The other one you named has an integrated graphics card. Actually all tablets do as far as I'm aware. MMO's and tablets just don't mix in their current format, nor should they. I mean, at least not for a very very long time.

7 minutes ago, LuckyAbrams said:

And you got your answer lol. There is no current-gen tablet that can run Blade and Soul, let alone any MMO that I can think of. The multitude of optimization problems coupled with an intensive CPU power demand is just something no tablet at the moment could really handle, let alone play. This is just the nature of tablets.

The NVIDIA Shield is an android based tablet so you couldn't even put it on there. The other one you named has an integrated graphics card. Actually all tablets do as far as I'm aware. MMO's and tablets just don't mix in their current format, nor should they. I mean, at least not for a very very long time.

There are high end tablets that can play BnS or BF4 but it's nowhere near his budget

2 minutes ago, LuckyAbrams said:

Oh what are they? I want to read up on them.

Razor Edge, Predator 8, Dell and Lonovo, Acer has models also

They're just EXPENSIVE because they're mobile. He's asking for the impossible really. High performance and mobile doesn't translate well into what he needs.

5 minutes ago, DanielColunas said:

300€ max, the price of that tablet x_x

Just leave and stop spamming my topic. If you're that rich, fine, I am not and i'm asking for alternatives, deal with that and leave, seriously.

Learn to read...

you obviously only want to hear the things the voices in your are are telling to you. Keep on dreaming that you can get a tablet for 300 euro that can play a game where high end pc's are even strugling with. Go take an extra shift flipping burgers, maybe you can afford a descent system in 6 months.

The only tablet that has enough cpu power is a surface pro 4, as i stated before. All other tablets have power saving cpu's with 1-1,5ghz. This is a cpu intensive game that doesn't utilize multi core.

Archived