Scammer Alert

Hakissa

So,new day,new daillys

We were doing Brightstone dungeon,we finish,we start bids.

OFC Moonwater Tear is first in line,this guy  **** his IGN,bids 5g str8 off the bat,we were like o.O what the hell,then 2 sec later he leaves squad,we dnt get ANY money and tears are gone . . . so yeah,i hope u get scammed for the rest off yr life IRL how us camm ppl in a game pal :)

1 minute ago, Hakissa said:

So,new day,new daillys

We were doing Brightstone dungeon,we finish,we start bids.

OFC Moonwater Tear is first in line,this guy  **** his IGN,bids 5g str8 off the bat,we were like o.O what the hell,then 2 sec later he leaves squad,we dnt get ANY money and tears are gone . . . so yeah,i hope u get scammed for the rest off yr life IRL how us camm ppl in a game pal :)

Actually, they don't disappear. They just go to the end of the loot list.

2 minutes ago, Roxefeller said:

Actually, they don't disappear. They just go to the end of the loot list.

This. 

Unless you mean they finished the auction and they left which means you should still have gotten your money from auction. 

1 minute ago, Hakissa said:

Well thats the thing,i checked list after he left and saw we didnt get money and they were not there,but after all the loot was bid on they apeared as last bid . . . this was confusing as hell

It reopens the auction process because I guess you can say its been 'relooted' from the person. I've had this happen couple of times for Tomb of Exile outfit, it reopens the auction again so people can redo the bidding. 

10 minutes ago, Hakissa said:

Well, scammer in a different way actually. He was hoping someone is stupid enough and start bid-clicking w/o looking because the loot is moonwater tears. Since no one bid, that would mean he would have to pay 10x for them and pay out the gold in return, so he high tailed out quickly.

1 hour ago, AttacKat said:

Well, scammer in a different way actually. He was hoping someone is stupid enough and start bid-clicking w/o looking because the loot is moonwater tears. Since no one bid, that would mean he would have to pay 10x for them and pay out the gold in return, so he high tailed out quickly.

This.  It's a scumbag move.  The auction UI needs some improvements to stop people like this.

First make manually typing easier.  No more auto-resetting the fields when a bid is made, and let us fully clear a box so we can retype it.

Next add a new button to auto-bid the current minimum.  Since we're changing the manual bid field to actually require you to enter something and not auto-update, this fills the old niche much better.

Finally, gray out the auto-bid button for 1 second after someone else makes a bid.  Give players a chance to see the value and react.  No more letting the value suddenly change while you're in the middle of a click with no chance to react.

Archived