Obsidian Serpent Woes

Bhindu

Never was too keen on killing things for a "maybe it might" item drop. Kinda ironic since I play Monster Hunter... but I try a couple times at one thing and move on to something else. So it's the same here. I'll do a couple runs at most and just call it quits on the item for the day.

What about anybody else who has it or is still farming the thing? On average it's about 50+ or so runs to get the outfit. And knowing that is just really discouraging frankly. I'd be more enthusiastic about it knowing the drop percentage instead. Heck just to shave some seconds off I just let Dahua die off after the boss spawns in rather than abandoning and getting Encroaching Shadows again. For current mid-game content it's just a bit too monotonous for my taste (granted it's an MMO, it has to have some of that epic grind).

Currently just to keep track of how many runs I've done I have 9 of the (non-daily) quest reward boxes just sitting around collecting dust. That's not counting the dozen or so runs I did prior to actually holding onto them to keep count. Sure it's not even half of the average, but it does leave me feeling more burnt out from the game itself at the end. It's either this, or just spamming Blackram Supply runs to farm more waifu perfume.

Well good-luck on getting the costume, it took me 247 runs to get all three parts of it. I got 5 blue chests and 2 green chests (troll) altogether if you want to do the math from that lol :P. About getting burned out, I eventually just zoned myself out, turned on some music (classical for the win) and became one with the "BOT" in us all....

I've heard that the spider fang is even more brutal to get as it has dual RNG involved (boss spawn + Chest chance), eventually gonna try to farm it when I can speed run tomb of exiles.

Anyway Hope RNG blesses you :)

Did about 50 runs got the outfit and the veil, only went for the outfit though.

38 minutes ago, ppiopp said:

Does the outfit part's have a possible chance to drop from the final boss of the quest? meaning the boss has a small chance to drop a chest, that might have a chance to drop the outfit?

The chest that drops from the last boss, has a chance for the outfit yes. If it has a blue shine above it say your prayers and start your serpent obsidian mantra before opening it. (it's not a dropped box you open from your inventory though, its like the chests that drop from mobs. You touch it, it opens).

Archived