Streaming and Learning Blade Master, need critique

LeeSsang

First, try to never block when the Dest is already in melee range because it gives them a free grab (it's fine to block during neutral game as long as you're ready to Q their gap closer). Spec your flock of blades to break grab and try to tech chase the knockback. If you can't break it, you can sometimes land your counter when they go to throw you. Try to stay within gap closer range of them for when they put up their block - you can break it with boot and stun them, but you need to be able to get in range quickly. 

Also don't let the damage from their regular tab spin freak you out. Wait out the first 2 spins (.5 seconds) and use one of your knockdowns, or your Z pull, in order to start a combo on them. I like to use 3, then X when they ground counter and go straight into a ground combo finishing with an air combo (something similar to X-Q-RB-2-RB-RB-LB-1(or E)-LB-LB-F which I learned from Second and works quite well), then tech chase roll with 2 - the combo I mentioned very often forces a tab because it's all STUNs and people can get worried when they eat 6s of stuns in a row. 

I also try to save my SS for red spin, as many of the smarter ones will wait until you SS and immediately jump on you for red spin.

It's still a very difficult matchup for us (just like basically everything but FM lol), and I'm by no means a pro BM only 1700-1800ish, so take it with a grain of salt. 

1 hour ago, Kutsuu said:

First, try to never block when the Dest is already in melee range because it gives them a free grab (it's fine to block during neutral game as long as you're ready to Q their gap closer). Spec your flock of blades to break grab and try to tech chase the knockback. If you can't break it, you can sometimes land your counter when they go to throw you. Try to stay within gap closer range of them for when they put up their block - you can break it with boot and stun them, but you need to be able to get in range quickly. 

Also don't let the damage from their regular tab spin freak you out. Wait out the first 2 spins (.5 seconds) and use one of your knockdowns, or your Z pull, in order to start a combo on them. I like to use 3, then X when they ground counter and go straight into a ground combo finishing with an air combo (something similar to X-Q-RB-2-RB-RB-LB-1(or E)-LB-LB-F which I learned from Second and works quite well), then tech chase roll with 2 - the combo I mentioned very often forces a tab because it's all STUNs and people can get worried when they eat 6s of stuns in a row. 

I also try to save my SS for red spin, as many of the smarter ones will wait until you SS and immediately jump on you for red spin.

It's still a very difficult matchup for us (just like basically everything but FM lol), and I'm by no means a pro BM only 1700-1800ish, so take it with a grain of salt. 

Hey thanks for the information. I am just having a really hard time with their grab they can do every few seconds and it heals the damage i just dealt to them and get constantly air combo'd at the end as well, then if i don't roll the drop, they insta kill you with axe ani cancel

6 hours ago, LeeSsang said:

Hey thanks for the information. I am just having a really hard time with their grab they can do every few seconds and it heals the damage i just dealt to them and get constantly air combo'd at the end as well, then if i don't roll the drop, they insta kill you with axe ani cancel

You wouldn't get grabbed so often if you weren't holding block in melee range. Either that or you're attacking into parry and getting stunned. To be clear, they can only grab when you're stunned/dazed/knockdown or DEFENDING. 

1 hour ago, Kutsuu said:

You wouldn't get grabbed so often if you weren't holding block in melee range. Either that or you're attacking into parry and getting stunned. To be clear, they can only grab when you're stunned/dazed/knockdown or DEFENDING. 

This is a common problem for a lot of newer BMs. You should not really be sitting behind your block (except on FM its too easy) almost all classes have a way to CC you from it or bypass it completely.

Playing very aggressively has actually worked better for me, I see so many trying to play the defense game which just isn't viable.

I will say the way to be defensive against a destroyer is actually run and kite them.

Just now, Nachtdrache said:

This is a common problem for a lot of newer BMs. You should not really be sitting behind your block (except on FM its too easy) almost all classes have a way to CC you from it or bypass it completely.

Playing very aggressively has actually worked better for me, I see so many trying to play the defense game which just isn't viable.

I will say the way to be defensive against a destroyer is actually run and kite them.

now that is a really good tip that even i can use :) , rely on block alot though, but its also hard to keep track of some of ur cooldowns though when Q-E, some times you wanna use it for special moments , others just to avoid dmg

Also I just wanna say... This from the patch notes makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about the BM vs Dest matchup (and BM vs LBM):

If you are affected by Knock Down and are inflicted with Stun or Daze you will no longer be able to use an ability that requires Knock Down status.

If you are affected by Knock Down or Daze and are inflicted with Stun you can no longer Retreat (F).

Such good news! I've had so many cases where they used their ground counter WHILE STUNNED because I stunned them on the ground. 

1 hour ago, Kutsuu said:

Also I just wanna say... This from the patch notes makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about the BM vs Dest matchup (and BM vs LBM):

If you are affected by Knock Down and are inflicted with Stun or Daze you will no longer be able to use an ability that requires Knock Down status.

If you are affected by Knock Down or Daze and are inflicted with Stun you can no longer Retreat (F).

Such good news! I've had so many cases where they used their ground counter WHILE STUNNED because I stunned them on the ground. 

Yeah that made me happy to see as well. So many missed opportunities for air combo because of this. Seems like a small change but will make a lot of difference for me.

On 9.2.2016 at 2:11 AM, LeeSsang said:

http://www.twitch.tv/zer0katana  

Help me learn, especially if you are familiar with the Korean playstyle  

So far Summoners seem to be unbeatable for me  

This is my experience with BM's as a summoner.

They're able to kill my pet in 5 seconds unless i put it in defensive stance (When it glows green and bows down). 

I'd say that your strategy should be killing their pet first, if they put it into defensive stance immediately go for the summoner. This will catch him off guard because i've never met a BM that instantly comes for my booty after i shell my pet. Try using hard CC as fast as possible as well, this will keep make it so that their pet won't be able to move for 10 seconds, which will allow you to do quite a bit of free burst to the summoner.

Also watch out for when they're holding a little white glowing flower, this is their counter, if you attack they'll go invisible for 6 seconds, this is very bad. 

Archived