Scam Trades

Celurian

Hey Guys, 

Hello Support,

So it happened. I got scammed.

>PlayerName< where advertising in Fraction Channel that hes selling NcCoins.

I checked his Profile. Lv. 45, nearly "max" equipment, PvP Soul Shield. I thought, allright, hes an activ player and it was his main, he probably won't scam me. 

He invitet me to the Friendlist, asked me to give the Gold first and im too nice (not to say stupid, i know..) so  i payed. 

Pouf. Offline.

I send him a letter. Another One. No reply.

1 Hour later i noticed him advertising in Fraction Channel again and i feld to have the responsibility to "Warn" People that he scammed me allready successfully so people wont fall into this too. Some People where taunting me. Some people told their condolences.  - I didnt really care, i just couldnt understand people defending those betrayers, so i figured they are just assholes and i keep my Chat free from those in the future with the help of the Block function.

I knew im not going to get the Gold back (even tho i had the Chat screened) but i thought NcSoft is interested to keep the Game free from those Betrayers and send in a Ticket. I got a reply.  But obvioesly not.

Today i noticed another Victim complaining about the exact same thing. The Same >PlayerName< scammed successfully again. So the Support answered obvioesly my Ticket but didnt Bann the Guy who where scamming the People.

Now to my Question: Is scamming actually legal?

I don't want scamming to be advertised and i have condolences to every single Victim of these.. But i whould have sympathy if there are a lot of people getting scammed at sometime making his complains public and cry all over NCsoft.

If its legal, i need to admit it feels pretty flattering to scam people on another Server to be honest.

It's not about having not enough RL Money to spend for my own. Its about the principle.

(i allready paid a lots of € into this game for the first Weeks without content, i just thought it might be a decent cheap  way to turn Gold into Ncoins to get a twink for Inventory Space / Training Tickets.)

1 minute ago, Whimsicalalien said:

Doesn't NCsoft punish scammers?

As far as my experience goes, probably not. Hes still present and even while people talking about the Guy who was actually successfully scamming the people, he didnt even had the decency to wait for his next scamm-try to after that conversation. He was advertising his false sellings within.

This was a big problem on RU servers and I dont believe anybody did anything about it, like above buy from friends otherwise dont bother its just not worth the hassle.

To be honest NC are not realy bothered about players being 'scammed' by other players, You only got to look at the Brightstone ruins Loot situation, in all honesty thats a joke, it would not take much to lock loot for Party finder groups which would solve it instantly. they dont care, they are only interested if some one is taking some thing from them other wise they have no interest 

Just now, Elvenmad said:

This was a big problem on RU servers and I dont believe anybody did anything about it, like above buy from friends otherwise dont bother its just not worth the hassle

Well i know that now even tho there are going to be a lot of people falling into this.

To bypass the RL Money thing for Gold is a common way in every mmorpg i know of.

3 minutes ago, Celurian said:

Well i know that now even tho there are going to be a lot of people falling into this.

To bypass the RL Money thing for Gold is a common way in every mmorpg i know of.

just wait till the market place deal comes out where you can trade gold for coins or coins for gold.... (kinda like what WoW has now from what I read about it)

anyways till than just do it at your own risk

9 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

just wait till the market place deal comes out where you can trade gold for coins or coins for gold.... (kinda like what WoW has now from what I read about it)

anyways till than just do it at your own risk

Looking at the current business model by NCwest when eventually the currency exchange comes, I'm pretty sure it will allow you to change Ncoin for Gold, and Gold ONLY into Hongmoon coins, I can see it coming they will most certainly make it so you can only obtain Ncoin with cash and ONLY cash.

Just now, Elvenmad said:

Looking at the current business model by NCwest when eventually the currency exchange comes, I'm pretty sure it will allow you to change Ncoin for Gold, and Gold ONLY into Hongmoon coins, I can see it coming they will most certainly make it so you can only obtain Ncoin with cash and ONLY cash.

eh doesn't really matter you can get items with either... point is if you don't want to take the risk than use your own cash or wait..

25 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

eh doesn't really matter you can get items with either... point is if you don't want to take the risk than use your own cash or wait..

No you can't actually you can only buy Cosmetic items with Hongmmon coins.

ncsoft doesn't care. they do not condone you to buy ncoin with gold via another player

and ncsoft doesn't allow you to post their names in here, because that's gonna be naming and shaming

so yea, ncsoft gonna let the scammer get away with what he did, and they will also protect the identity of the scammer.

a really2 nice way to fill the game with more scammer ruining other people around

this will make legit player feel like in hell playing the game, and by the end of the year, i won't be surprised if all those online were just scammer, gold seller, bot, and the ninja master looter. the legit player ? they're quitting the game already.

Just now, Elvenmad said:

No you can't actually you can only buy Cosmetic items with Hongmmon coins.

so you can get 90% of the items......

The rest you can get in game besides the dragon pouches... and you don't really need membership anyways if you don't want to pay for it

25 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

so you can get 90% of the items......

The rest you can get in game besides the dragon pouches... and you don't really need membership anyways if you don't want to pay for it

Cosmetics are NOT 90% of the shop, and you can ONLY buy cosmetics with Hongmoon coin so my first statement was correct, Hongmoon point are next to useless for most players

Archived