Summoner Patch

RandomGamerZz

Summoners really need a patch because they just too OP

1. The cat has big dmg lots of hp and saves the player from pretty much every hold

2. it hides which is stupid because they are cat owners no assasins

3. it has big dmg it self and has annoying big range

It really needs a patch ofc it doesnt all to be gone but it has to be some slight changed to make it less OP like: cat does less dmg and cant get the player out of hold all the time.

and just remove the hides cuz it makes no sence.

Sigh.

1. The cat saves the player from pretty much every hold (Except Destroyers who are typically immune to interruptions during their grabs), but the cat having 'big damage' is patently false. If you're using  your cat for 'big damage', your cat is easily killed in said environment. The cat is used for Pin Setups. Sunflower or Rumble Bees is the real big damage, the cat is the crowd control at best.

2. Its a counter. If you see the dandelion over their head, don't attack for up to two seconds. Revolutionary concept. Pop any move that ignores counters or wait. Similarly, if a Kung Fu Master is countering or a Blade Master is blocking, you might not want to strike them during that window either. Assassin's doing their little cute hand-gestures to pop into stealth and punish you some more? Should probably just let them do their dramatic pose.  Regardless its almost as if its a consistent, shared mechanic.

3. It does have big damage, but the best specs are all aimed shots. This is why Cat-Pins are so brutally effective. You also just kind of negated point 1, because its the Summoner who has the damage, not the cat.

Your 'suggestions': If they reduced the damage on the cat, I would only be nerfed in PvE. In pvp _nothing would change_, because I would still knock down Kung Fu Masters who grappled me, wait for Dancers to be at the end of their aerial juggles, etc, pin them, and then _SUNFLOWER THEM FOR DAMAGE_. And removing the counter would make it pretty much the only class without a real counter option-- though maybe Force Master doesn't have one and just relies on the iceblocks? Not sure.

Play the class. Get to gold or even high-ish silver against other 45s and you'll start to see most of the tools you're complaining about are exaggerated. The more experienced the players, the more the cat has to curl. The more the cat curls, the less it gets utilized period other than CC and health/focus taps.

Honestly I'm more amused that you didn't make any complaints about Petal Shroud, which gives great zone control vs. all ranged while simultaneously giving you a guard break. Its usually talented for 10% heals too. If there was any move with a ton of frontloaded utility, that would be the one I'd pick.

6 hours ago, Reivur said:

Honestly I'm more amused that you didn't make any complaints about Petal Shroud, which gives great zone control vs. all ranged while simultaneously giving you a guard break. Its usually talented for 10% heals too. If there was any move with a ton of frontloaded utility, that would be the one I'd pick.

obviously he using melee class, so he doesn't aware of petal shroud ability....

while summoner is seems to be 'easy' class, i found it hard to master on pvp...

mostly because i got my concentration split between the cat and the summoner itself... --

1. the cat doesn't had that much damage, even when you spec the cat to the alley cat, the cat would be easily die from one or two hit... ~~

2. oh, why would not nerf all the class so no one have hide, counter, block skill, and even i-frame...? *i know... this is ridiculous and would never happen...

3. how about FM...? it also have big dmg and big range... ~~

Summoners won't be getting nerfed. You can look at other versions to see upcoming balance changes (although we'll have all of them on February 10).

Everyone else does get buffed more, though, and at the 50 cap Summoners aren't even a top PvP pick.

On 6.2.2016 at 4:07 AM, Tomoyo said:

Summoners won't be getting nerfed. You can look at other versions to see upcoming balance changes (although we'll have all of them on February 10).

Everyone else does get buffed more, though, and at the 50 cap Summoners aren't even a top PvP pick.

At least in the December patch the only class that got buffed more than summoner is force master. Even before the buff their were quite some summoners at the last worldchampionship. The top 100 players before the patch contained all classes in a good representation (a bit too much warlock). Even though the legendary skills of summoners are not so impactful like those of some other classes, they're still good. My point is, all classes are a top PvP pick at 50, summoners are no exception.

SO tired of the whole summoners are OP thing.  I can't help but feel the only ones who believe this are those who can't easily defeat everyone, all the time.  Seriously, if your win/loss ratio is => 50:50, then be happy.  No class should be nerfed without thorough stat collection; which I hope NCSoft is doing.

11 hours ago, Nholan said:

At least in the December patch the only class that got buffed more than summoner is force master. Even before the buff their were quite some summoners at the last worldchampionship. The top 100 players before the patch contained all classes in a good representation (a bit too much warlock). Even though the legendary skills of summoners are not so impactful like those of some other classes, they're still good. My point is, all classes are a top PvP pick at 50, summoners are no exception.

Oh I didn't mean to belittle Summoners as if they were going to be trash. They're just not the top-pick they are now.

Archived