How is blademaster's dps in pve?

Atlantae

Hi, I'm fairly new to BnS, and the first character that I have leveled to 45 is blademaster, which I would like to continue playing as my main. While doing the big-4 dungeons, I often feel like my dps is low, especially when other party members chunk a decent amount of hp from the boss/mobs. This is likely due to my gear and lack of knowledge about proper pve rotation, but I was just wondering how does blademaster's dps compare to those of the other classes atm?

My current gear is True infernal sword stage 10, with triangle amethyst/ruby/peridot gems, full moonwater arena soul shield set, I have enchanted each piece using crit soul shield but it's not much; the crit bonus on each piece is between 20-35. 

My stats are:

Attack power: 291

piercing: 257

accuracy: 262 (does this stat matter? I don't recall seeing "Miss" on hits")

critical: 972

critical damage: 638

Imo BM's are more of a support DPS. While it's deff possible to do massive deeps with a BM, I don't think you should really expect to top the dps charts every time. They trade in some of their dps capabilities for high survivability. If you like melee, and you wanna do some extreme damage, try out an Assassin for some good fun! :)

1 hour ago, Aiezen said:

Imo BM's are more of a support DPS. While it's deff possible to do massive deeps with a BM, I don't think you should really expect to top the dps charts every time. They trade in some of their dps capabilities for high survivability. If you like melee, and you wanna do some extreme damage, try out an Assassin for some good fun! :)

what other classes are more "pure" dps aka high dps?

Blade Master's DPS is kind of all over the place, with most of it coming from bursts of damage. Our current skill patch does not allow BMs to hone their full potential DPS wise, so your DPS really isn't very high right now. Destroyers and summoners top the charts at overall aoe DPS, Assassin are probably best single target DPS right now (against all monsters), FMs are likely somewhere in the middle (they should, theoretically be high but maybe I'm just seeing a lot of bad FMs since most of them have awful DPS), and BMs and KFMs are kind of in the same spot, except BMs have better AoEs than KFM. I'm sure KFM would have the highest single target DPS in the game if not for the fact that it's basically impossible to keep mobs stun-locked long enough for them to show it without using an accessory that you shouldn't when grinding mobs. BD are bottom of the barrel DPS according to KR players from what I've heard, so there is that.

Disclaimer: All of this is my opinion and is not necessarily (and probably isn't) fact.

30 minutes ago, Teisho said:

Blade Master's DPS is kind of all over the place, with most of it coming from bursts of damage. Our current skill patch does not allow BMs to hone their full potential DPS wise, so your DPS really isn't very high right now. Destroyers and summoners top the charts at overall aoe DPS, Assassin are probably best single target DPS right now (against all monsters), FMs are likely somewhere in the middle (they should, theoretically be high but maybe I'm just seeing a lot of bad FMs since most of them have awful DPS), and BMs and KFMs are kind of in the same spot, except BMs have better AoEs than KFM. I'm sure KFM would have the highest single target DPS in the game if not for the fact that it's basically impossible to keep mobs stun-locked long enough for them to show it without using an accessory that you shouldn't when grinding mobs. BD are bottom of the barrel DPS according to KR players from what I've heard, so there is that.

Disclaimer: All of this is my opinion and is not necessarily (and probably isn't) fact.

Could you explain this a bit more? since although i intent on maining warlock when it comes out, my second (the one im playing now) will be my alt and that is a BM i also feel i lack dmg, but what do you mean with ''BM dmg sux on this patch'' what is the next patch going to change then?

4 minutes ago, Ambition said:

Could you explain this a bit more? since although i intent on maining warlock when it comes out, my second (the one im playing now) will be my alt and that is a BM i also feel i lack dmg, but what do you mean with ''BM dmg sux on this patch'' what is the next patch going to change then?

I didn't say BM damage sucks at this patch. I said that their DPS isn't very high because for BM's true DPS potential to come out they need a lot more skill points than they currently have. With this current skill patch you're forced to choose between focus recovery/management, CC, and damage. It really isn't possible to have all 3 right now, so BM damage suffers. BM is missing a hongmoon skill for lightning draw which makes it do way more damage than it currently does now, for example.

Just now, Teisho said:

I didn't say BM damage sucks at this patch. I said that their DPS isn't very high because for BM's true DPS potential to come out they need a lot more skill points than they currently have. With this current skill patch you're forced to choose between focus recovery/management, CC, and damage. It really isn't possible to have all 3 right now, so BM damage suffers. BM is missing a hongmoon skill for lightning draw which makes it do way more damage than it currently does now, for example.

Are you talking about the bottom slots of each skillpath? that you need to ''unlock'' or are you talking about something completely different?

Whenever the Focus regen procs on your weapon, then blademaster's burst can do huge damage.  I take aggro from poh 24man instance bosses frequently but it really helps whenever the focus regen kicks in, you can spam so much skill and dmg burst its insane.

Archived