Abusing of lootrules in instances

Zen023

Well to keep it short, there are many people abusing the leader system in combination with the loot settings. In brightstone caverns the most interresting loot is blue(patterns). What people do is they duo queue so they get the group leader position. Then just before the loot spawns they change the loot rules to epic and the 2nd guy in their 2 man premade spam loots the crate so they get the items. 

My suggestion is to take out the part where you can select item quality for rolls or adjust it so that you can only change it before entering the instance. 

simple solution remove the ability to change the loot rules during the instance , and add a notification of the loot rules when a player joins the party.

that way no one can be scammed  out of loot, and they can make the decision to leave the party before the run begins.

17 hours ago, TaiLionheart said:

simple solution remove the ability to change the loot rules during the instance

It's really that easy as that. Loot rules can only be changed until the first mob is attacked. To change the rules after the first mob was attacked, all members have to either go to the platform or do a "yes" vote (similar to when you want to call a party to the dungeon lobby).

to me the best way to fix this is to remove the option from the cross server dungeon finder.  When you choose to run in a dungeon with pugs then you are agreeing to all loot being fairly bid on and rules not being able to be changed.  Only place that loot rules should be changed is if you use the dragonspyre in game and loot rules should be stated.

I'd have to agree with Tristan as well. Would make things simple to not allow loot changes in cross-server dungeons. This should be one if the easier ideas to implement as well as all you would be doing is making an element unavailable.

yup agree, they have to change so people can't change loot rules without all party member approval

but i don't agree that we should go to the old roll the dice method. some lucky *crickeet* will get all the items in the dungeon only by doing 1 run, and another unlucky *crickeet* will get nothing even if he do the dungeon 100 times. by bidding, eventually the unlucky *crickeet* will have enough money to win the bid. and even if he doesnt win the bid, his effort to help in the dg is rewarded.

Archived