Info about Hongmoon weapon

I'm still using the Hongmoon weapon you get from early on, upgrading it and such, but I'd like to know, am I going to continue using this weapon for the entirety of my time on this character? There's a weapon skin I want, but I'm not going to use NCoin on it just to find out I'll be getting a better weapon at level 45 or something. I know I'm supposed to use it for a long time, but when I started out, my buddy told me later on in the game better weapons show up, but he keeps dodging me asking if it's actually true now that we've played a good amount. Also, will I be getting more gem slots? My weapon originally had 2 slots, but I can't remember when, suddenly got a 3rd slot. I wanted to get a gem hammer for my weapon if I do continue to use this weapon till the end, but I won't waste the money if it'll get another slot in time

Hongmoon is the best you will have until legendary becomes available (assuming it does). I imagine either with or after the 50 cap.

You get 3 gem slots I believe, the rest you need to add yourself, I haven't got mine to the max siren level yet so I could be wrong.

I have no idea on difficulty, all I know if they are extremely expensive to upgrade. It won't be anywhere near as easy as it is now.

Don't know when 50 will hit, could be within the next 2/3 patches. But I do know there is still a tier after siren for the hongmoon so you'll have it for a while yet.

6 minutes ago, Houlon said:

I have no idea on difficulty, all I know if they are extremely expensive to upgrade. It won't be anywhere near as easy as it is now.

Don't know when 50 will hit, could be within the next 2/3 patches. But I do know there is still a tier after siren for the hongmoon so you'll have it for a while yet.

Alright cool, thanks for the info. I'm a very lazy gamer when it comes to grind, so it'll take me longer than the average person. Gonna go ahead and use the gem hammer, though I probably won't get the weapon skin and just wait

Yeah, If it's a store skin you want you can always get one in-game and throw it on if your not happy with what you have while you wait, the valor stone vendors in scorching sands and hogs head have some nice ones, so do many of the wheels of fate.

It's good to take your time, enjoy the game at your own pace.

Do you know that you don't need to buy a weapon skin in the shop? You can change the skin of your hongmoon weapon to skins of other weapons anytime. You just have to go to the upgrade weapon inteface and in the top of the window there is tab for changing the skin of the weapon.

16 minutes ago, Equilibria said:

Do you know that you don't need to buy a weapon skin in the shop? You can change the skin of your hongmoon weapon to skins of other weapons anytime. You just have to go to the upgrade weapon inteface and in the top of the window there is tab for changing the skin of the weapon.

Yeah I know that, I've already changed them to Training Gauntlets and Deva Gauntlets. I specifically like the cash shop gauntlet skin, which is why I'm waiting on it. Most of the weapons gotten through the game just look lame to me

@GreenBunionSoup @Houlon

A hongmoon weapon will be upgradeable to a legendary weapon later when we get the weapon-path-choice, I believe. I heard AALaguna talk about it specifically on his stream, because he's been playing on Taiwan and has a lot of experience. You'll be able to choose a path either white or black soul. While you upgrade enough, a legendary upgrade will be available. But then again, the legendary weapon is RNG, the lootbox is insanely difficult to get, and you MUST use a blue key to open it (NC KEY). 

All this however, can change. We don't know if they will tweak settings for the western version. JP, CN and KR are all different. 

8 hours ago, Xogi said:

@GreenBunionSoup @Houlon

A hongmoon weapon will be upgradeable to a legendary weapon later when we get the weapon-path-choice, I believe. I heard AALaguna talk about it specifically on his stream, because he's been playing on Taiwan and has a lot of experience. You'll be able to choose a path either white or black soul. While you upgrade enough, a legendary upgrade will be available. But then again, the legendary weapon is RNG, the lootbox is insanely difficult to get, and you MUST use a blue key to open it (NC KEY). 

All this however, can change. We don't know if they will tweak settings for the western version. JP, CN and KR are all different. 

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case makes sense to follow an upgrade system, and we all know how RNG can be savage enough to make it pretty hard to get.

Thanks for that, good to know.

Archived