This game takes skill and time.

Duckfat

It seems that just because this game has different tiers of pvp that a majority of players think they are all to achieve the highest bracket.  The combat of this game is very skill based and requires a complete understanding of your class and of the class your facing.  Think twice before QQ "my class is the worst and broken".  Invest time to learn your class in and out.  Maybe ramming your head over and over into arena after arena isnt helping.  What do you do now?  Research and read. 

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which relatively unskilled persons suffer illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than it really is. Dunning and Kruger attributed this bias to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their own ineptitude and evaluate their own ability accurately. Their research also suggests corollaries: highly skilled individuals may underestimate their relative competence and may erroneously assume that tasks which are easy for them are also easy for others.[1]

The bias was first experimentally observed by David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University in 1999. They postulated that the effect is the result of internal illusion in the unskilled, and external misperception in the skilled: "The miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others."[1]

I wish more people would understand how high the bracket can be. Most people think because they kill a few high rated players that they must have reached the height of their bracket...

I can't remember how many times I thought I broke into the top bracket... Only to be destroyed by people from the next bracket up. It's an amazing feeling when you know you are getting close, but people who think they have entered the high tier pvp scene are the ones who will never really, truly be good. People who are close, or tell themselves they are getting there but admit to themselves they still have work to do are the ones who will go somewhere.

You can't cut your own track short. Not your choice.

1 hour ago, Shukran said:

extremely correct .

problem is that skill ceiling for all classes is not equal.  

and i find a bit of "rock paper scissor" effect in some matchups.

so what? ignore whiney threads.

I agree the ceiling for all classes is not equal.  However skill triumphs so hard in this game.  Yea I should just ignore the whiney threads, but there are so many (way more than other games) that I thought I might make a quick post.  Just might reach someone to let them know this game is complex in variety and in execution. 

1 hour ago, Glint said:

I wish more people would understand how high the bracket can be. Most people think because they kill a few high rated players that they must have reached the height of their bracket...

I can't remember how many times I thought I broke into the top bracket... Only to be destroyed by people from the next bracket up. It's an amazing feeling when you know you are getting close, but people who think they have entered the high tier pvp scene are the ones who will never really, truly be good. People who are close, or tell themselves they are getting there but admit to themselves they still have work to do are the ones who will go somewhere.

You can't cut your own track short. Not your choice.

I agree 100%.  Make incremental gains.  To move up in a complex competitive scene (which isnt pay to win or gear dependent) you really need to invest time.  Review your last game and make changes to your game play.  Im having a blast with this game so far, and I'm really loving the challenge it provides.  Unless your just casual then you can just play for fun but in arena is where you meet the people who tend to want improvement so I wouldnt expect too much if your just winging it for fun.

44 minutes ago, phinders said:

if the ceiling is winning than all classes share it.  it is the floor you guys are talking about.  and the skill floor is different. 

actually i believe that the ceiling is how far you can go with the same amount of effort.

because i think winning is the goal of the game.

but i dont mind because at least it is the same philosophy

same effort isn't really about the ceiling as much as about the floor.  at least to me the ceiling is how far you can take that class with the amount of skill you procure.   the floor to me is about the effort required to become standard. 

Archived