Ping doubles in Arena compared to world?

Brorelia

4 hours ago, Navhkrin said:

Ping shown on Task Manager is not equal to actual ping. Game switches servers and starts using peer-to-peer on arena, which makes task manager fall into misconception that ping has increases, where it actually decreases.

I'm using a ping service that tells me what ping I am getting. It goes from 220 in open world, to 260 - 270 once I enter arenas. It's not decreasing since the lag is noticeably worse. There are so many times where I'm mashing one of my skill keys because it isn't going off (and as you can guess, it goes off right after I needed it to be used).

It might be more difficult for people to check their ping if they aren't using a paid service, but trust me, there is a ping issue. 

20 hours ago, Lermoran said:

I'm using a ping service that tells me what ping I am getting. It goes from 220 in open world, to 260 - 270 once I enter arenas. It's not decreasing since the lag is noticeably worse. There are so many times where I'm mashing one of my skill keys because it isn't going off (and as you can guess, it goes off right after I needed it to be used).

It might be more difficult for people to check their ping if they aren't using a paid service, but trust me, there is a ping issue. 

I suggest you to directly check it on Task Manager than relying on some 3rd party program, as well coded as it may be, there are always issues in such precise stuff, where human hand is needed to get an accurate value.

22 hours ago, NueHoujuu said:

How the heck are you checking your ping in this game.

I don't see anything like that on task manager either.

I seem to always get disconnected from 3v3, it's annoying because I have 7 losses due to disconnection.

Task Manager -> Performance -> Open Resource Monitor -> Click on Client.exe -> Get the IP with most data rates from 2nd tab, check its ping from 3rd tab

On 1/30/2016 at 4:57 PM, Navhkrin said:

Ping shown on Task Manager is not equal to actual ping. Game switches servers and starts using peer-to-peer on arena, which makes task manager fall into misconception that ping has increases, where it actually decreases.

If this is true and arena is Peer 2 Peer then wouldn't Ping be based on your distance from your opponent, instead of your distance from the server? 

In a way this would be much better because it removes distance from the server as a factor for PVP and normalizes PING for both people competing.  Of course the person with the better internet connection would still have better ping, but it's more fair than just using the server. 

Can anyone verify that this is actually true?

On 1/30/2016 at 7:57 AM, Navhkrin said:

Bullshit, if it switches to peer to peer system then how the heck did I vs another player who can churn out 3-4 of the same spells I do before I can even use 1-2 of them?..

Considering I am playing with 250-300 ping, if it was to be peer to peer he would of suffered the same crap I did.

hey guys i've also noticed that in arena my character feels way, way more sluggish. so i checked ping and here are the results:

In open world: 100ms

In arena: 250ms

it's really hard to change up the pacing of 3rf and at 250 i can barely get a second 3 during a 2 second cc... it really sucks, i'm not going to do arena until they fix it.

On 1/30/2016 at 10:57 PM, Navhkrin said:

Bullshit, I lag like *cricket* in arenas dude and my ping is skyhigh as well, you say that is not related? :D

Archived