Using "Name Change Voucher" to trade a Name

Celurian

Hello Everyone, 

Hello NCSoft Employees,

Today i ran through an Issue which had been evolved pretty Game Breaking to me. I did send in a Ticket about this but i'm still waiting for a response.

At this time, i feel like to need to 'spread the word', since, while i was searching the Web because of this, i noticed a few people sharing the same frustration and even tho i made good experiences with the Customer Support from NCSoft so far, i feel the bitter taste crawling down my tongue.

As the Topic mentioned i have decided to trade a Character Name from one existing Character to a non-extisting Character, using a 'Name Change Voucher'. I have done the same thing in Aion and Tera once. I guess i'm simply allways having a bad time finding a class suitable for me in a new mmorpg.

For this Matter i bought an 'Additional Slot Voucher' (400 NCoins)  because i allready had 3 existing Characters and a 'Name Change Voucher' (1.200 NCoins). ~1600 NCoins = 20,- €.

I allready Spend despite the PreOrder stuff another 4.160 NCoins (50+ €) for Dragon Trade Pouches and Training Expansion Ticket, Just for this old Character.

I startet creating a new Character and safed the Appearence to make sure the Name won't be out there for long.

I renamed the old main Character with the 'Name Change Voucher' and recreatet the new Class i want to play with the Manage Appearence Button. I used the Name from the old Main. "My Name" which i was using in every MMORPG before and who helped me to find old -lost -gamer-friends now and then. 

But then i got the Message 'Name allready taken' and my heart went all the way down in my pants. 

I tryed everything. Logging in. Logging Out. Logging through Characters. Simply Waited. Checked if there had been some Jerk using the Name on a new LvL 1 Character now within the Character Information Database. But nothing.

Google told me now, a lot of people where having the same issue and got those victims saying, the Support told them using a Name Change Voucher will lock the old Name for "1 Year"  and there is no work arround this. This is NOT happening if the Character simply gets deletet and recreatet after the Deletion process has been expired.

Brainstorming on how to get my Name back and praying for the generousity of the Support brought me to the only left solution:

If i simply delete my old main, the one who got the Name changed, do i get both names back, even tho if it means i lose a Lv. 45 with all his progress ive made till now

If so, will the Support be generous enough to refund the spended NCoins, or atleast give the same Items bought in the Cash shop to the new Character?

Fact: There had been no informations or warning about using the Name Change Voucher "locking" a name for a year. The PreOrder Name Safe Phase had become Worthless for me now and despite from spending tons of money for a Name change, inventory expension and other stuff  (15 € for a name change is expensiver then in other mmorpgs btw) im screwed for now. If the Support im praying for his generousity are simply ignoring my requests or too lazy to help me out with my issue, i keep beeing screwed.

I like the game and keep want to like the game for a few more months but i know, i can't enjoy the game if the Support won't help this Problem to be solved.

Eitherway, if the Support won't even refund the Name Change Voucher and the 50€ i charged today for the new Character, what are the possibilitys to get the 50€ ive charged today back?

Question about Questions.

I hope i get heard and you see that this might be an issue. Happening not only to me.

~Celurian

You should have googled first, or ask forums if you're unsure, so it's partially your fault. And no, even if you delete your main, you won't get your name back for 1 year, until support fixes it. If you found that thread you mentioned, you SHOULD HAVE READ IT SINCE YOU'RE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE.

2 hours ago, Celurian said:

some Jerk using the Name on a new LvL 1 Character now within the Character Information Database

Why would the person be a jerk? If that had been the case, he/she had been lucky enough to try for that name and got it. Not a jerk, just lucky.

3 hours ago, Anna said:

You should have googled first, or ask forums if you're unsure, so it's partially your fault. And no, even if you delete your main, you won't get your name back for 1 year, until support fixes it. If you found that thread you mentioned, you SHOULD HAVE READ IT SINCE YOU'RE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE.

Why would the person be a jerk? If that had been the case, he/she had been lucky enough to try for that name and got it. Not a jerk, just lucky.

As mentioned above i had similar issues finding a suitable class in other mmorpgs and i where switching Names if neccessary just fine.

This is actually the first game i've played (and i played a lot in the past years) who is locking the name for a year. Even if i think about in every way of perspective there is no way why this whould make sense. Its simply a sloppy way within the database and after googling i'm obvioesly not alone with this issue.

And even If so, they should have adressed this Issue and make it public. Warning people with the restrictions of the items they are selling. Even if its just within the "Known Problems" Thread.

I want to see your face if you a buy a car and after you payed you realise the Car can only turn left, and not right. 

"You should've asked" is just defending this obvioes lack of information just on the total wrong side. If you are selling something its your responsibility to provide the buyers with the neccessary informations about it.

5 minutes ago, Celurian said:

As mentioned above i had similar issues finding a suitable class in other mmorpgs and i where switching Names if neccessary just fine.

This is actually the first game i've played (and i played a lot in the past years) who is locking the name for a year. Even if i think about in every way of perspective there is no way why this whould make sense. Its simply a sloppy way within the database and after googling i'm obvioesly not alone with this issue.

And even If so, they should have adressed this Issue and make it public. Warning people with the restrictions of the items they are selling. Even if its just within the "Known Problems" Thread.

I want to see your face if you a buy a car and after you payed you realise the Car can only turn left, and not right. 

"You should've asked" is just defending this obvioes lack of information just on the total wrong side. If you are selling something its your responsibility to provide the buyers with the neccessary informations about it.

Pretty sure if anyone bought a car without test-driving it, it'd be their own fault.

4 minutes ago, NorsteinBekkler said:

Pretty sure if anyone bought a car without test-driving it, it'd be their own fault.

Is this the moment where i need to explain the simplified comparison between two issues?

PLUS i doubt the law in every civilized country whould join that opinion.

1 minute ago, NorsteinBekkler said:

This is the moment where you might want to pick a more suitable analogy for your situation.

3 minutes ago, Celurian said:

i doubt the law in every civilized country whould join that opinion.

.... ;)

13 minutes ago, Celurian said:

I'm not saying it's not a stupid error on their part. I'm saying you should have googled it first. If I want to delete a character, or claim items, or mail myself stuff, I google it first. The game is new. Just because name change vouchers work a certain way in another MMO, doesn't mean it'll work the same here. You definitely have partial blame. 

Adding to my previous comment: 

Sort of like when people didn't know about the weapon skins being one-use. They should ask NCSoft or forums first. I found out because I checked forums and many people found out the hard way. 

31 minutes ago, Anna said:

I'm not saying it's not a stupid error on their part. I'm saying you should have googled it first. If I want to delete a character, or claim items, or mail myself stuff, I google it first. The game is new. Just because name change vouchers work a certain way in another MMO, doesn't mean it'll work the same here. You definitely have partial blame. 

29 minutes ago, Anna said:

Adding to my previous comment: 

Sort of like when people didn't know about the weapon skins being one-use. They should ask NCSoft or forums first. I found out because I checked forums and many people found out the hard way. 

Yes and No. This Game had his first Release allready 4 Years ago.

I'm not denying my partial fauld but its not my fauld alone. its an Issue which happened to me and obvioes a lot of people before me and will happen to people after me too.

I whouldnt ask for "generousity" in terms of the refund if i whouldnt know that.

See. This is subjective. I - for my part - thought its obvioes that weapon skins are one-use only since we don't have a Skin Slot and will only work through the fusion system. And Yet, untill a few days ago there had been a lack of information about this too.

29 minutes ago, NorsteinBekkler said:

Well, I suppose since your only concern is the law rather than who is or isn't truly at fault, why'd you make a thread?  You have no legal ground here.

If you might want to read the Thread again you might find your answers and learn about "simplified comparisons" again, but i doubt your unable to follow anyway. Your beeing naive.

14 minutes ago, Celurian said:

Yes and No. This Game had his first Release allready 4 Years ago.

I'm not denying my partial fauld but its not my fauld alone. its an Issue which happened to me and obvioes a lot of people before me and will happen to people after me too.

I whouldnt ask for "generousity" in terms of the refund if i whouldnt know that.

See. This is subjective. I - for my part - thought its obvioes that weapon skins are one-use only since we don't have a Skin Slot and will only work through the fusion system. And Yet, untill a few days ago there had been a lack of information about this too.

I know the game was released years ago. Please read my first post again. I said you're PARTIALLY to blame, which is what you just admitted in your response. You still should've checked to see the consequences of doing anything. So yeah, lel.

"See. This is subjective. I - for my part - thought its obvioes that weapon skins are one-use only"

Yeah, no. In Tera, another MMO, it's not one use. You buy it, you keep it and can change weapons, the skin stays and you can swap skins for free as long as you buy the skin. And it was stated that the skins in B&S were ONE USE. There wasn't a lack of information, just an abundance of stupid players who didn't check FAQs. 

4 minutes ago, Anna said:

I know the game was released years ago. Please read my first post again. I said you're PARTIALLY to blame, which is what you just admitted in your response. You still should've checked to see the consequences of doing anything. So yeah, lel.

"See. This is subjective. I - for my part - thought its obvioes that weapon skins are one-use only"

Yeah, no. In Tera, another MMO, it's not one use. You buy it, you keep it and can change weapons, the skin stays and you can swap skins for free as long as you buy the skin. And it was stated that the skins in B&S were ONE USE. There wasn't a lack of information, just an abundance of stupid players who didn't check FAQs. 

Tera is having a Skin Slot System now but it was not allways like that.

There was an NPC next to the Dye Merchant who was applying a Skin you like to your Weapon (or Armor). You destroyed the Skin weapon within this process.

The same system had Aion. 

8 minutes ago, Celurian said:

Tera is having a Skin Slot System now but it was not allways like that.

There was an NPC next to the Dye Merchant who was applying a Skin you like to your Weapon (or Armor). You destroyed the Skin weapon within this process.

The same system had Aion. 

I'm talking about shop skins. B&S shop skins are also one-use and I think it CAN be transferrable or whatever, idk I haven't used. But it's not a slot system like Tera. And I know about the remodeller in Tera.

2 minutes ago, Anna said:

I'm talking about shop skins. B&S shop skins are also one-use and I think it CAN be transferrable or whatever, idk I haven't used. But it's not a slot system like Tera. And I know about the remodeller in Tera.

The System remains the same.

What is the conclusion of that? Subjektive perception.

What is the best way to prevent that? Official basic informations within the known issues thread.

I follow the Forum once/twice a day and specially the Dev Track. I won't follow any kind of Issue Thread where people only comment to point the finger on the one who is beeing fcked.

Just now, Anna said:

Don't worry, I think you'll learn how to spell "subjective" when you're wiser, and know how to search up simple information.

If grammar is so importand to you we can talk in German or chinese instead but i doubt you are even able to follow then. :P

1 minute ago, Celurian said:

If grammar is so importand to you we can talk in German or chinese instead but i doubt you are even able to follow then. :P

If saving your name is so important, you should have searched to make extra sure.

As fun as it was showing you your mistake, which you even admitted (i.e. you admitting that you were partially to blame, which is literally what I said to begin with), this got boring. 

Hope you get a refund at least. If not, good luck finding decent names.

Archived