Any tips to mine Viridian Quartz?

SkyNightBiel

Whilst it's still miles from ideal, I had the most luck running around the low level zone with the Jiangshi boss thing (apologies, the names escape me and obviously server's down again atmo).

I typically found the two nodes near the path to the next zone to be the most fruitful, and less effort. Waddle up to them, see if they're there, if not change to one of the last channels and at least one was usually up for me. If they aren't up on that new channel you don't have much choice but to windstride elsewhere or check on the other one near the bandit guys whilst you wait for the channel swap function to come off cd. 

It's really a pain but there isn't much else you can do, I'd avoid the higher level zones. I can only imagine that by then most people have actually figured crafting out and begun actively searching for them. :P

With a 3 hour respawn time waiting for a node to appear is going to be very boring. Most Bots can teleport and mine before you even have a chance to getting there. They need to either decrease the respawn time of the nodes or remove them from the map and have them spawn in random locations around the map.

I'm kinda late with my response here but the most luck I had with farming quartz was on a place where you learn to ride Dragon Pulses, I think it's in Dragonscale (Wanderers hut windstride). There's 6 channels, 3-4 nodes and I managed to get most of my quartz from there so I think you should give it a try :)

On 29/01/2016 at 1:47 PM, Engete said:
  1. switch channel and hunt
  2. camping, wait for the node to reappeear

so much effort for a little viridian quartz... sigh... ~~

Don't bother camping, you could be waiting over an hour for it to respawn. Waste of time when you could just do dailies and dungeons in that time and buy it. Yes, I know he said he didn't want to do that, but considering that you'll just be doing nothing for a long time if you camp the nodes then the alternative of making gold and buying it is much more productive.

Switching channels is your best bet. Run between the nodes, switch channel, repeat. Just be aware there's a 3 minute (?) cooldown on channel hopping. Time consuming but you're bound to find some that way.

Is purchasing Quartz from the market not an option? The longer you spend trying to find a single one to mine, the more time you waste trying to hit max level where quartz is absolutely nothing to you.

Anyways if you're ever lucky enough to find a new channel to yourself, run around and mine those nodes. I got five Moonwater Quartz in a single area one time doing this.

As far as I've noticed gathering in this game is EXTREMELY broken. The nodes to are far and few due to the respawn times. This makes it seem like it's more of a PVP event than PVE. Gathering shouldn't be a PVP event, IMO. That just makes people frustrated and want to quit working with a system the devs put time making.

- start the game early in morning, before going to school / work (not kidding, servers aren't that populated, I have a feeling I can find more stuff but it can be a placebo :) )

- teleport to good location, check nearby deposits - you can see the rock from distance !

- nothing ? Change channel and check same deposits again

- channel switch has cooldown so in the meantime, try to check as most deposits in the area as you can

There is no easy way, you just need to have bit of luck and patience. Gathering while questing is not that effective IMO.

7 hours ago, Sporadicus said:

As far as I've noticed gathering in this game is EXTREMELY broken. The nodes to are far and few due to the respawn times. This makes it seem like it's more of a PVP event than PVE. Gathering shouldn't be a PVP event, IMO. That just makes people frustrated and want to quit working with a system the devs put time making.

Crafting in general unless you are ahead of the curve is nothing but a money sink.  Anything that is Rank 2 stuff or lower you pretty much lose money crafting.  

As for mining it's just about getting lucky because the respawn timers are so terrible in BnS for nodes.

Archived