lvl 50 Cap, when? BM viable?

Cover

Hey guys, I read some topics regarding this but havent found the answer I was looking for. 

As far as I read BM is pretty much the wrost potential pvp class this days. 
Altho saw some people saying that in the 50 lvl cap it all changes to him. 

So my question is when is this lvl 50 cap should arrive? 

Does it realy makes such a different for a BM in Pvp? 

The thing I like the most in this game is pvp, and having a less potentional class for it will just ruin the fun for me... 

So is it close and realy will make a different? Or should I just reroll to LBM/Des

Thanks alot!

BM is already viable and there are BMs in platinum+ ranks... but yes, Hongmoon levels and legendary Hongmoon skills are what is holding BM back from being top of the pack. 

In less than two weeks (on Feb 10) we'll be getting 5 Hongmoon levels along with the new content update, which is 11 additional skill points. This makes BM much more well rounded in Arena since we are currently having to decide between CC and focus regen and that will no longer be true with the extra skill points. 

Seriously if you enjoy the class, play it and get good. Balance will change no matter what. 

1 hour ago, Kutsuu said:

BM is already viable and there are BMs in platinum+ ranks... but yes, Hongmoon levels and legendary Hongmoon skills are what is holding BM back from being top of the pack. 

In less than two weeks (on Feb 10) we'll be getting 5 Hongmoon levels along with the new content update, which is 11 additional skill points. This makes BM much more well rounded in Arena since we are currently having to decide between CC and focus regen and that will no longer be true with the extra skill points. 

Seriously if you enjoy the class, play it and get good. Balance will change no matter what. 

Ty very much for the comment, answered all the question I needed :)

Just now, Navhkrin said:

I agree with Kutsuu, With BM you can still reach high ranks , but its much harder compared to other classes. Still, real BM dont give up

Well thats nice lol, I understand that this is possible to be good as a BM, but lets face it, if there's a class better suited for pvp you will probably do better with it investing the same time and effort.. 

Hopfuly what Kutsuu said is true and in 2 weeks BM's will be more balanced and towards the top of the pack. 

I enjoy the play style of BM and I'm sticking to it because of that. Even if I might "do better" with the same time and effort into a different class, my enjoyment in the game is not dependent on how well I do. I'm sure there are those who only have fun if they're winning, and they may find a time investment in Summoner to be more enjoyable because only winning counts, but to keep it up during balance changes they'll have to keep hopping classes and will not have time to truly master one.

Regardless, BM is a top tier class with HM skills and HM levels. If you enjoy the class, even if you're the "latter" from my scenario above, it could be worth sticking it out and becoming skilled at the class while it's at its weakest. It will only make you even better when the playing field is even. 

Just now, Ghobe said:

No, BM is not viable at all.

vOrAhLX.jpg

euu7JnQ.jpg

Can't wait for buff so can finally be viable.

Well, to be fair: FMs are one of the, if not the easiest matchup for a BM.

But you're right, BM is absolutely viable right now. People right now just want to play what's easy to play.

Just stick with the class you enjoy the most.

I started this game and simply chose BM because it looked cool / felt appealing. I didn't even know about the tierlist back then, but even now I won't go back or something.

People seriously care too much about their classes tier, thinking "lower tier = not viable at all"

8 minutes ago, Nyel said:

Sure about that? I encountered two and I won as a FM. :)

Then you were more skilled than the BMs you faced. Skill counts before counters do. In most cases an equally skilled BM will beat a FM, but equally skilled is the most important part of that equation. I usually beat FMs (as a BM myself), but I've had a few FMs wreck my face. My feeling is that those FMs were on their way up to high gold or plat and I was roadkill along the way. 

I don't know, I'm only level 34 yet but in the mid-20s I figured out a build to permanently freeze and burst enemies down and it works. The most difficult battle I had in Arena was another Force Master because freezing him couldn't prevent him from doing damage.

I haven't done that many matches but I got a 5:0 win streak as a FM. Maybe my enemies were bad, maybe my spec was good, I don't know. 

One of the biggest problems of BM pvp is that they're very weak before their 30s. They need so many skill points before they do become viable. Unlike an assassin for example, which is just strong right out the gate. When it comes to BM vs FM, the opening burst will pretty much decide the match. I've had FMs escape part of my burst, but none have come out of it with more than half health. The lack of cc breaks and counters as a FM leaves it incredibly vulnerable to a BM. Warding spirit is also insanely strong against an FM leaving them pretty much without option(they do have 1 though).

1 minute ago, Nyel said:

I'm only level 34 yet but in the mid-20s I figured out a build to permanently freeze and burst enemies down

A high level BM has 5 different ways to break out of your freezes as well as becoming immune to ranged damage.

2 minutes ago, Navhkrin said:

BM is definently one of the hardest PvP classes to play with aswell a weak one. But BM has alot of potential that needs mastery to unlock. 

Don't call it weak. As was pointed out before, there are platinum BMs. Weak suggests that even the best would get trapped in high silver/low gold.

I rolled Assassin to begin with because stealth classes have always been something I like to play, lately in a different MMO I have been playing a Sword&Board class which I have come to love, so at Lv35 with my Sin, I decided to reroll and check out Blade Master (being the closest to a Sword&Board class). I must say I am absolutely liking BM a lot, but I am having a lot of trouble in the arena, I'm only lv41 atm though.

I'm definitely looking forward when I become better because I know most of my problems are a L2P issue, but there are of course players I have beaten, which is really enjoyable. If you like the class, you should stick with it, because that is ultimately what makes you better.

1 hour ago, Navhkrin said:

BM is definently one of the hardest PvP classes to play with aswell a weak one. But BM has alot of potential that needs mastery to unlock. 

Where is this list of hardest to play or are we going by the 5star rating at char creation screen? If so kfm and assassin are the hardest and bm falls in the middle of the pack

12 minutes ago, Fade said:

Where is this list of hardest to play or are we going by the 5star rating at char creation screen? If so kfm and assassin are the hardest and bm falls in the middle of the pack

Those rankings aren't based around pvp

Archived