Master Looting Exploit

Thaddius

There are players (not going to name them, just going to report them) that are changing the loot options in an attempt to get specific items from bosses. Just happened to me in a random cross server dungeon. I don't know how many people know about this, but it's going to get out that you can do this and it will only get worse.

26 minutes ago, Ryvaku said:

Welp find friendly people? Randoms are untrustworthy. xD

No need to even say that. cross server is primarily used for teaming with Randos.......

IMO, in such circumstances there should be a function when leader changes loot option the players would get a Y/N box on accepting.

On N they could get another box asking to stay/leave then auto replace or something, Assuming loot changes are only effective outside of the dungeon.

18 minutes ago, Zaiteki said:

there should be a function when leader changes loot option the players would get a Y/N box on accepting.

This is a very good idea. It's good to share this kind of information, and maybe tweet about it to the Blade and Soul developers.

I'm amazed there isn't a group confirmation for a loot rule change.  Loot rules should be hard locked in a completely random group.  If someone wants master loot then maybe add it into the dungeon finder menu, otherwise an individual should not be able to take items from others.

2 minutes ago, Liltoots said:

I'm amazed there isn't a group confirmation for a loot rule change.  Loot rules should be hard locked in a completely random group.  If someone wants master loot then maybe add it into the dungeon finder menu, otherwise an individual should not be able to take items from others.

This is a very good idea!

But would it work? (not saying it wouldn't just asking)
I mean, if they very want too, couldn't the party leader just kicks out all the players while looting? Or is that possible? Had anyone tried this with their friends?

Nobody should be able to change the loot system in the middle of a bossfight.

Also the bidding system eploit is even more annoying then this. NCSoft really needs to fix these issues fast, or the forums will explode from this in a few weeks tops.

First of all the leader should not be able to change the looting option while in the dg or standing ready.
Also the Party leader can't be the last one to enter so that he can change the looting system when everybody is standing ready and the quickly enter the dg.

9 hours ago, Thaddius said:

There are players (not going to name them, just going to report them) that are changing the loot options in an attempt to get specific items from bosses. Just happened to me in a random cross server dungeon. I don't know how many people know about this, but it's going to get out that you can do this and it will only get worse.

Reporting does nothing D:

Archived