Thoughts on Blade and Soul

Critcrying

Hey B&S Community and fellow MMORPG fanatics. My name is Crit, long time WoW/Aion/Tera player, as well as other MMOs.

After 20 hours of game play of B&S I can honestly say this game has a lot of potential. Classes are quite diverse, combat is quite different than some that I've played, crafting/professions seem easy to understand. The UI interface is quite neat and fully customizable as well. Currently playing a Summoner, I find it easy to solo dungeons and bosses with ease.

What are your thoughts on B&S? Will this be the new MMO all your friends and neighbors are talking about or is this game going to die out like the rest? We all know Legion is coming next year and all I can say is NOPE. Sorry, after 10 years I will not go back to WoW. I think I have found my home here at B&S.

Food for thought;

Premium is a bit pricey, if NC was to lower monthly/yearly prices I would definitely be a long time premium member

1 minute ago, Jinusama said:

i love it !!  snow in for past 3 days , work off for week ~_~ been playing nonstop =)

SO JELLLYYY! I live in AZ, no snow, no rain, nothing but heat! And I know out east people are not workin due to the snow. WHY CANT WE HAVE SNOW DAYS!! Haha

I think this game is F awesome I love it. Best looking characters. I love how tag- team is watched like a movie. Im an Assassin and I have so many moves its boggling, Im always typing in caps because of accidentally going crazy on moves and missing tab .LOL. 

It is a decent time waster, no doubt, but its too casual. Everything is over priced, and once my founders premium gets depleted, I will quit this game for good. Too many let downs, cheapest cosmetic is $10 (unless you consider your pet cosmetic, but summoner isnt really my taste) and premium is stupid high. This game will definately die tho, thanks to the 7k limit on each server, prices in store, the fact that devs dont browse forums, and mainly because Black desert Online will offer something new to the table. 

Overall, this is a casual friendly game, and the combat seems linear. I do not like the unbalanced PvP format (lvl 10s fighting lvl 45s) but I do like the 1v1 and 3v3. I do not see this game surpassing any records though and will most likely die after 3 months like most MMOs do.  Anyways, that is my 2 cents.

2 minutes ago, viper5000 said:

I must say though I play in 3d with alot of depth and nothing beats it! I never seen a game in 3d be so immersive. If you have the means get it!

I agree, 3D makes any game more appealing :) I played AA ( yes i know, I am ashamed lol) in 3D and man it was awesome. However, that should never be the reason why you like a game.

interesting tidbit, ever played WoW in 3d? lol it was CRAZY! hahahah

These are my thoughts of Blade & Soul after some 2 weeks of playing....if you think anything else that's great ^^

For an old game, even if it just released here, it's a bad game.

It's made by lazy people and sold by a non-caring company, though I guess they do care about money.

It has already been out since 2012 in Korea and we get a non-finished game that bugs out every 5 minutes....oh wait I have to stop MY Razer services?
I don't think I have ever played a game that made ME do something like that. Sorry NCsoft, YOU do something about THIS shit.
I often get loot for the Warlock class that isn't even in the bloody game. Clean up the loot table you lazy people!

Everything costs real money (or too much RNG), expending your inventory/warehouse,

getting the right weapon for unlocking your main weapon because you are all out of keys, etc etc...

The gathering system is a joke, like 10 nodes in a zone and it's not even personal...really?!?!

Sure the character creation is nice, the outfits are nice, it's fast-paced combat is nice, my Cat pet is nice.
But it's basically only the looks that make BnS a "nice" game.

It's never going to replace a game like WoW, (not saying WoW isn't dying but that's for other reasons)

it just might replace a game like Tera or Aion imo.

So all in all, BnS is a very VERY casual game and will do nicely if you like looks or have nothing else to play because you are waiting for a different game (BLACK DESERT!!!!), but to me if you are looking for a great,and awesome and most of all a STABLE game, look elsewhere because you will not find it here.

I've reached lvl45 recently :) This game is really dope. I love the combat system and the leveling wasn't as boring as in other mmorpgs. I can say that i had fun leveling my kfm.

What i dont like is this whiny community crying about "class x is so op plz nerf". It seems like they didn't play any fighting games before where you need to invest plenty of time to master your main character.

has a lot of potential

+1

I'm currently lvl 23, and what a great game. Not your general kill this kill that, I like going into those solo dungeons and doing all that. I feel like this game is casual, yes, but I can see a hardcore side of me coming out. I really hope this game expands as a F2P. And they do something about membership being so damn high

Just now, Seemslegit said:

Nice game it only takes 10 minutes to log in , loving it .

Are you running off a toaster? On my SSD from loggin in to being in game takes 2-3 minutes at most and thats when I'm not paying attention and have to put my 6 digit code

5 minutes ago, Critcrying said:

Are you running off a toaster? On my SSD from loggin in to being in game takes 2-3 minutes at most and thats when I'm not paying attention and have to put my 6 digit code

I have SSD on both of my gaming PCs , both high end .

It's the patch , that did something to the game this last patch .

Archived