Goldspammers

Maysagi

Okay, so I've known gold spammers have been a problem but this is getting ridiculous.

I've limited all chats to faction only, Blocked up to 50 players, delete them and re-block, rinse and repeat essentially.

However even when I do this there are over 50 goldspammers spamming Faction chat, I'm unable to help anyone or even read any of the chat anymore needs a fix badly. 

This is from the update thread:

Based on the community's feedback, we have implemented the below highly requested features:

• We have added a level 10 or below chat restriction for Region, Faction and Party Finder Chat Channels
  • We have removed the level restriction to report a bot or spammer

11 minutes ago, Daly said:

Based on the community's feedback, we have implemented the below highly requested features:

• We have added a level 10 or below chat restriction for Region, Faction and Party Finder Chat Channels

I've read about the updates but I honestly don't think it'll make to much of a difference as I've seen spammers in Cinderlands well above level 10.

14 minutes ago, Daly said:

The bots spamming in faction chat are level 4. The level cap will put a stop to bots spamming the minute they enter the game, however just be prepared to see level 10 bots in chat now. Players are getting whispers from bots as well. Sad to say, but drastic measures are going to have to be taken to solve this issue.  

Yes, but it DOES significantly increase the amount of time it takes for a gold-seller to be able to start spamming in the channels it's currently most prevalent in. I think they should have added a restrict in the "say" and "whisper" channels too, but they'll see how this does first. If you've been back to bamboo village, you'd know that it's actually the worse spamming area in the game. Fortunately, that means the spammers now will take about an hour or so instead of instant, because if they only do the main quests, lvl 10 can be reached in in about an hour. As the bots are almost always destroyers for some reason, they have stupidly fast progression. I did my own dest first, but i was taking a laconic path, I'll make an alt and see how fast I can do the dash to 10 after maint. and then I'll wonder how long it'll take for someone to bot the entire 1-10 experience ><. Of course, that early free exp pot from the Master Hong surveys wont help if it was given out under lvl 10,

Ultimately, the only thing that can stop the gold-sellers is by making goldselling in the game more inconvenient than profitable to them, which is why they usually hunt down the buyers, as those are the ones making it most convenient!

7 minutes ago, Eiria said:

Yes, but it DOES significantly increase the amount of time it takes for a gold-seller to be able to start spamming in the channels it's currently most prevalent in. I think they should have added a restrict in the "say" and "whisper" channels too, but they'll see how this does first. If you've been back to bamboo village, you'd know that it's actually the worse spamming area in the game. Fortunately, that means the spammers now will take about an hour or so instead of instant, because if they only do the main quests, lvl 10 can be reached in in about an hour. As the bots are almost always destroyers for some reason, they have stupidly fast progression. I did my own dest first, but i was taking a laconic path, I'll make an alt and see how fast I can do the dash to 10 after maint. and then I'll wonder how long it'll take for someone to bot the entire 1-10 experience ><. Of course, that early free exp pot from the Master Hong surveys wont help if it was given out under lvl 10,

Ultimately, the only thing that can stop the gold-sellers is by making goldselling in the game more inconvenient than profitable to them, which is why they usually hunt down the buyers, as those are the ones making it most convenient!

Sorry it doesn't, there are bots all over areas where it is level 10+ ALREADY.

The botters just run there stupid bot program and once they hit level 10 SPAM  !!

It's a good thing this game uses N-protect, glad its catching those 3rd party bot programs.

Archived