Radiant Ring / Gem Crafting Worthless?

ZeldaCastle

Cons:

• Can't make jewelry.
  • Can only make one type of gem, Diamond.
  • People can transmute their own gems????????....
  • Finding gem fragments is really, really rare at low levels. Makes it almost impossible to level. (I had 5/64 points before giving up. My other professions were all rank 2 by then.)
  • In addition, finding gems you can actually salvage is even rarer at these levels.
  • Secret recipes are broken?
  • It's actually more expensive to craft your own gems than to transmute them. This goes against a core principle of professions, where you work hard and invest into your skill and get a payoff. 

Pros:

• You can make keys.

Not to mention leveling the damn thing. With Forgemaster all I did was put in an order for copper, use that copper to forge a weapon, level up. For Radiant Ring you need your stones and a refining potion from the pot makers. That's fine. Then you need those fragments I mentioned earlier; by comparison to EVERY other profession, Radiant Ring is a big clunky mess. I was unable to make a single gem from 14-21 before I gave up.

Why would you pick this profession over literally any other? I wanted to be a gem crafter and alchemist, but ended up going Forgemaster and Gem crafter since their gathering goes hand in hand. I regret it, and ended up changing. It's one thing to minmax the 'best' professions (typically Soul Warden / Earthseers / Pottery) but some of us don't mind the less awesome professions. I ended up rerolling them to cooking and alchemy because Jewelcrafting was just so laughably broken :[... 

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the purple pouches from rank 2 are cheaper to make by radiant ring than transmuting, and removes the chance of failing to transmute, also don't diss diamond, you can't transmute diamond and 25 attack diamond is worth quite a bit.

Diamonds are only acquired from this crafting profession and everyone wants a great diamond. It may not be obvious at lower levels what a big deal they are, but at max level when you've to spend a week doing dailies to afford one from the market your opinion may change.

It's true that bellow lvl 30 gem fragment bundles are basically nonexistent, but on higher levels they drop from most of the dungeons, including the solo tower place :3

If you're interested in sticking to the profession, you'll easily powerlvl it then.

Secret recipes indeed do nothing for the radiant ring atm.

Crafting the high end gems is crazy expensive if you're unlucky xD

It's entirely possible that you spend 10g, 100 soulstones and have nothing to show for it at the end. The guaranteed craft from the radiant ring, in comparison, is really nice, even tough you can only make diamonds.

With this revamp of the crafting profs, there's actually no use atm to get prospectors gathering for radiant ring, they use nothing from it.

So if you wanted to be a jewelcrafter & alchemist, you could get fishing and alchemy or whatever it wants you to have alongside the radiant ringyness.

The system is in a very strange place atm, however as long as it's a reliable way to get diamonds, there will always be a demand for radiant ring members.

+ maybe they have some guild utility? idk.

Wait... cant u guys craft Sparkling Pentagonal Diamond Pouches and Brilliant Hexagonal Diamond Pouches? (Probably requires the Secret Techniques, but as far as i know u can get them from the Marketplace for about 50s)

In my opinion its the best crafting guild right now to make shitloads of money... the Sparkling Pentagonal Diamond with Attack Power sells for 35g and you have a 20% chance to get him out of these pouches which require maybe about 3g to build one. So you have 15g input for 35g output... sounds pretty awesome to me.

10 minutes ago, lNerol said:

Wait... cant u guys craft Sparkling Pentagonal Diamond Pouches and Brilliant Hexagonal Diamond Pouches? (Probably requires the Secret Techniques, but as far as i know u can get them from the Marketplace for about 50s)

In my opinion its the best crafting guild right now to make shitloads of money... the Sparkling Pentagonal Diamond with Attack Power sells for 35g and you have a 20% chance to get him out of these pouches which require maybe about 3g to build one. So you have 15g input for 35g output... sounds pretty awesome to me.

Nope, it doesn't requires secret technique, its only thing radiant ring can actually craft so... 

Diamond crafting aside, Radiant Ring is still bugged.  You can't craft accessories at all, and the secret techniques do absolutely nothing.  Even if the accessories are worthless, not being able to craft them locks you out of an achievement.  Accessory crafting was there in the beta; I have no idea why it was removed for live version.

What's worse is that it WORKED in the damn beta....I can't believe they're still putting this buggy profession on the bench rather than fixing the damn thing....it was working just fine in the beta.....so wtf is is STILL broken....a whole month after launch.

5 minutes ago, Darkshana said:

Keys probably the worst part of that profession. It is bs that you can't make ring since there's literally a fking achivment for making rings.

also diamonds are expensive as hell, and crafting them is the only way to make them.

yeah I got lucky and got 4 Sparkling Pentagonal Diamond attack out of the 6 pouches I made

now it sucks to wait the 12 hours lol, but worth it!

I do mushin a lot so I had a few of those pouches built up which helped with some of the cost to make them

although I didn't make that much gold seeing as 3 of the gems went to characters lol

Archived