Its LEGAL to Trade GOLD for GIFTs?

PXLStar

I would like to know if its Legal? Yah i know it sounds like gold selling but....g

Gold Seller end up trading Ingame currency for Real life Currency....

In this Case it supposed to be Ingame for Ingame stuff right? would it be Legal? i dont want to end up Banned for shouting ingame that i want to buy a gift costume for my character...

Thats exactly my point i mean i wouldnt risk a huge amount of my gold for a big price GIFT, and i know i may get scammed doing this....and cannot complaint about it...

But my only worry would be the action itself.....its LEGAL to shout lets say.... "WTB Winter Cat Hat (400NC) for 4GOLD" and find the right person that i "THINK" will be honest with the trade ofc....

Would i end up BANNED for that? i know it works with friends Maaha....but im talking about PUBLIC trade....with ppl that i DONT really know...

Here is how I view this situation and I'm sure a developer or GM will come and say this:

Gifting premium items is a feature that is in the game, so you are more than welcome to spend your real $$ in order to send items to other players. Now, if that player chooses to give you in-game gold as a "thank you" or as a payment if we are honest, that is entirely up to that player. However, because there is no current system that supports trading a store ITEM directly for gold, there will also be no support offered if something goes awry. You, the player, must assume all responsibility and risk if someone says "Hey I'll pay you 50G if you buy me that costume and gift it to me" and then decides to take the costume and not give you a single gold. You will not be able to report them, you will not be able to get your NCoin back or your $$ back, it will be a loss.

Now, once the currency exchange is entered into the game and you can sell your NCoin for gold, then those players will be able to spend their gold on the exchange and receive Hongmoon Coins equivalent to the amount of Ncoin you sold. (For instance, you sell 100 NCoin for 10 Gold, you get the 10 Gold but the player who bought it gets 100 Hongmoon Coin). This is the preferred method of handling this as there is no way for you to get scammed, and any issues or bugs in the exchange (say you sold your NCoin but didn't get your gold), would be a game issue and therefore support would help you.

Be careful with the first option, however, as there is a very distinct line you cannot cross. It's one thing to gift a premium item and for someone to trade you gold as those are both in-game systems, but be careful in how you do this/talk about it as a lot of people make mistake you as trying to do a Real Money Trade where you are selling/buying gold for real $$. 

Also--- Keep in mind that bumping forums is against the rules here, and they will get upset with you for it.

What's illegal about 'gold sellers' is that they use illegal software to obtain their gold to sell for real money.

Buying Ncoin from someone in exchange for gold I don't think is illegal because no items or money in either situation are illegally obtained by bots using illegal software.  The reason why there are like, NO bots in TERA is because everyone uses this system.

For example:

1gold : 15 enmasse points ( 1:15 as a ratio)

If anything, everyone gets something out of it including NCsoft. 

No real money would be traded only by the person gifting you the item you are paying for with in-game gold.

To be honest if more people were to use this system, gold sellers would be easier to get rid of as they wouldn't be getting any trade!

So can we buy items from the Nc store from  other website's ? for example they sell 23x Dragon Trae Pouch for $4,52 and if i wanne buy them with Nc coins i pay $10
They just sell it cheaper as Nc soft, from them i can buy 2x more then from Nc soft so why pay more?

As a rule of thumb if something seems too good to be true, it's probably a scam.

As for trading for NC, I don't think it's illegal to buy gold for NC from players, but it's not supported (yet), so you're putting yourself at risk of getting scammed and you're carrying all the responsibility for it.

25 minutes ago, Shoshin said:

Here is how I view this situation and I'm sure a developer or GM will come and say this:

Gifting premium items is a feature that is in the game, so you are more than welcome to spend your real $$ in order to send items to other players. Now, if that player chooses to give you in-game gold as a "thank you" or as a payment if we are honest, that is entirely up to that player. However, because there is no current system that supports trading a store ITEM directly for gold, there will also be no support offered if something goes awry. You, the player, must assume all responsibility and risk if someone says "Hey I'll pay you 50G if you buy me that costume and gift it to me" and then decides to take the costume and not give you a single gold. You will not be able to report them, you will not be able to get your NCoin back or your $$ back, it will be a loss.

Now, once the currency exchange is entered into the game and you can sell your NCoin for gold, then those players will be able to spend their gold on the exchange and receive Hongmoon Coins equivalent to the amount of Ncoin you sold. (For instance, you sell 100 NCoin for 10 Gold, you get the 10 Gold but the player who bought it gets 100 Hongmoon Coin). This is the preferred method of handling this as there is no way for you to get scammed, and any issues or bugs in the exchange (say you sold your NCoin but didn't get your gold), would be a game issue and therefore support would help you.

Be careful with the first option, however, as there is a very distinct line you cannot cross. It's one thing to gift a premium item and for someone to trade you gold as those are both in-game systems, but be careful in how you do this/talk about it as a lot of people make mistake you as trying to do a Real Money Trade where you are selling/buying gold for real $$. 

Also--- Keep in mind that bumping forums is against the rules here, and they will get upset with you for it.

Could you Elaborate more about this? i kinda got lost...how is the player im buying NCoins from....getting HMCoins for free? so im giving him The 10Gold PLUS 100 HMCoins in total? is that right?

3 minutes ago, PXLStar said:

Could you Elaborate more about this? i kinda got lost...how is the player im buying NCoins from....getting HMCoins for free?

There's a system that's currently disabled in game until our economy is a bit more stable, which allows you to sell NCoin for gold. The player that buys the NCoin from you will get the amount in Hongmoon Coins - they're almost same as NCoins, but they can only be used in BnS, and you can't buy premium membership for them.

E.g. you sell 100 NC for 10gold; someone pays 10 gold for it, they get 100 Hongmoon Coins, you get 10 gold.

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

There's a system that's currently disabled in game until our economy is a bit more stable, which allows you to sell NCoin for gold. The player that buys the NCoin from you will get the amount in Hongmoon Coins - they're almost same as NCoins, but they can only be used in BnS, and you can't buy premium membership for them.

E.g. you sell 100 NC for 10gold; someone pays 10 gold for it, they get 100 Hongmoon Coins, you get 10 gold.

wow i want this right now....will it be enable anytime soon? i guess ill have to trust guildmates for NC>Gold Trades until this system release

5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Exactly right. The only difference between Hongmoon Coins and the NCoins, other than having a different tab to buy items, is that you cannot purchase premium membership with Hongmoon Coins. 

Once the Currency Exchange is released, you will be able to sell your NCoin and receive gold and the player who bought your "NCoin" will receive Hongmoon coins which they can spend on anything in the store with the exception of premium membership.

5 minutes ago, PXLStar said:

wow i want this right now....will it be enable anytime soon? i guess ill have to trust guildmates for NC>Gold Trades until this system release

They said that the CE will be released once the economy stabilizes a little bit. I'm hoping it will be released with the expansion/update we are getting on February 10th.

3 minutes ago, PXLStar said:

From here:

• The Currency Exchange has been disabled. It will be enabled at a later time.

I don't think we've been given an elaboration on when exactly the "later time" is, but I'm assuming it's around the time of the next patch.

Archived