Boosting loading times

ManStapler

Hello,

I'm very much interested in minimizing loading times, which are insane for me, I end up standing close to an entrance just to avoid the loading screen, which usually is at least 5 times longer then standing near the entrance a bit, and doing dungeons or duels is really time consuming because of this.

My question is this, I have an old computer, and I'm not planning on upgrading any time sooner

What I have is 4 Gb of DD2 800Mz ram, and SATA 2 connections

My question is, will buying an SSD help in this games loading times, or will it not make much of a difference? Because I'm planning on buying it only because of this game.

SATA2 won't utilize today's SSD to it's full potential, but is definitely an improvement. Among with newer CPU and higher clock speed will definite improve the load time. Usual load time for me with 4.4GHz i5 CPU and an SSD took me around 2-5 seconds with 8GB RAM when entering dungeon.

Currently my loading times are 30 seconds and above. I can avoid them all together in some areas if I just stand near the entrance and wait for it to load.

Made some more tests, jumping in a cross server dungeon is 15 seconds, jumping out of it is 30-40. Jumping out of a dungeon is up to 1 minute....

Also I'm hoping someone will reply who maybe has experience in this.

5 minutes ago, ghostphantasm said:

get current hardware, enjoy the benefits. you have whats now "legacy hardware"

I know this, but my motherboard does not support that, so I'm stuck in the old ages, and to replace one thing, I have to replace everything, and currently I don't have money for that.

Getting an SSD is a good choice for your when you´re low on money.

It will boost loading times and also boost windows boot times, if you choose to install windows on the SSD. YOu don´t really need more than 240 GB SSD. - Even 120 GB could work fine for windows + a few games.

Reasoning behind this, is that an SSD can be transferred on a later point, to a newer pc system. It doesn´t loose value.

If you were to upgrade say CPU - then you´d most likely be forced to change motherboard because the cpu has a different socket, change ram because the new cpu requires DDR4 rams, new windows licence as the old one is most likely tied to the old motherboard - and while you´re at it, you might feel the need to upgrade videocards and will result in a better PSU and possibly an aftermarket cooler. Basically you´re looking at a whole new rig, but the SSD is transferable. :)

Archived